Complete list of National and International Boundary Lines
“Border Lines are the dividing line between two different places. This line separates the two countries clearly. Borderline names make us easy to identify this divider line between different countries and their territorial limits of the particular country and also easy to remember.”
List of International Boundary Lines of India
India shares its boundaries with 8 countries namely Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Srilanka, Myanmar, and Nepal.
Bangladesh and India share a 4,096-kilometer (2,545-mile) long international border, the fifth-longest land border in the world. West Bengal with 2,217 km share longest border with Bangladesh. Other states include 262 km in Assam, 856 km in Tripura, 180 km in Mizoram, 443 km in Meghalaya, and 2,217 km in West Bengal.
- Pakistan– Radcliffe Line (3323 km)
- It was the boundary demarcation line between India, Pakistan and East Pakistan (Now Bangladesh) published on 17 August 1947 upon the Partition of India.
- India Shares its boundary with Pakistan along with the Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Gujarat.
- Bangladesh– Purbachal (operating zero lines) – 4096.7 km
- The Purbachal (operating zero-line) with 4096.1 km was the boundary demarcation line between India and Bangladesh.
- India Shares its boundary with Bangladesh along with West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, and Mizoram.
- China– McMohan Line – 3380 km
- The boundary line between India and China to which China does not approve. It was demarcated by Sir Henry McMahon
- Bhutan– Indo-Bhutan – 699 km
- India Shares its boundary with Nepal along with the Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Sikkim.
- Afghanistan– Durand Line – 106 km
- It is the borderline between India and Afghanistan. It was established after an 1893 memorandum of understanding between Mortimer Durand and the Afghan Amir.
- Controversy: See Explanation here
- Sri Lanka– Palk Strait –30kms
- Myanmar– Indo-Burma barrier -1643 km
- Nepal– 1236 km
- Indo-Nepal border in Uttrakhand, UP, and Bihar.
List of International Boundary Lines around the World
- Durand Line: Afghanistan and Pakistan. It was drawn up in 1896 by Sir Mortimer Durand.
- Macmahon Line: India and China. It was drawn up by Sir. Henry MacMahon.
- Radcliffe Line: India and Pakistan. It was drawn up by Sir Cyril Radcliffe.
- Hindenburg Line: Germany and Poland.
- Medicine Line: Canada and the United States.
- Order-Neisse Line: Poland and Germany.
- Marginal Line: France and Germany.
- Mannerheim Line: Russia-Finland border. Drawn up by General Mannerheim.
- Siegfried Line: Germany and France.
- 17th Parallel: North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- 38th Parallel: North Korea and South Korea.
- 24th Parallel: India and Pakistan. This, however, is not recognized by India.
- 49th Parallel: USA and Canada
- 26th Parallel south is a circle of latitude which crosses through Africa, Australia, and South America.
- 30th Parallel north is a line of latitude that stands one-third of the way between the equator and the North Pole.
- 45th Parallel north is often called the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole.
Other International Boundary Lines
- Mason-Dixon Line is a line of demarcation between four states in the United States.
- 33rd Parallel north is a circle of latitude which cuts through the southern United States, parts of North Africa, parts of the Middle East, and China.
- 35th Parallel north forms the boundary between the State of North Carolina and the State of Georgia and the boundary between the State of Tennessee arid the State of Georgia the State of Alabama, and the State of Mississippi.
- 30° Parallel north forms the boundary between the Tennessee and Commonwealth of Kentucky between the Tennessee River and the Mississippi River, the boundary between Missouri and Arkansas west of the White River, and the northernmost boundary between Texas and Oklahoma.
- 37th Parallel north formed the southern boundary of the historic and extralegal Territory of Jefferson.
- 39th Parallel north is an imaginary circle of latitude that is 39 degrees north of the Earth’s equatorial plane.
- 40th Parallel north formed the original northern boundary of the British Colony of Maryland.
- 41st Parallel north forms the northern boundary of the State of Colorado with Nebraska and Wyoming and the southern boundary of the State of Wyoming with Colorado and Utah.
- 42nd Parallel north forms most of the New York – Pennsylvania border.
- 43rd Parallel north forms most of the boundary between the State of Nebraska and the State of South Dakota and also formed the northern border of the historic and extralegal Territory of Jefferson.
- Parallel 440 north is an imaginary circle of latitude that is 44 degrees north of the Earth’s equatorial plane.
- The 45th parallel makes up most of the boundary between Montana and Wyoming. The 45th parallel of south latitude is the east-west line that marks the theoretical halfway point between the equator and the South Pole.
Complete list of National and International Boundary Lines- PDF Download Link below
- Achievements: First in the World- PDF
- Important CEO and Company Headquarters- PDF
- Countries and Capitals with Currency and Language- PDF
- Important Sports & Games Terminologies- PDF
- Complete list of Important Trophies and Cups related to Sports- PDF
- Sources and Diseases caused by Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency- PDF
- Complete list of National and International Boundary Lines- PDF
- Complete List of Famous Indian Cities on River Banks- PDF
- Complete list of First Person in India (Male & Female)- PDF
- Longest, Largest, Tallest, Biggest & Highest in India- PDF
- Updated List of Geographical Indication (G.I) Tags in India- PDF
- Major Dams and Hydropower Projects in India- PDF
National and International Boundary Lines