Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021
Here are the most important Monthly Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021
Here you can download 120+ Most Important Current Affairs in PDF format. Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021 in the English language is, completely free of cost.
Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021 will be beneficial for UPSC IAS, WBCS Prelims+ Mains 2020-21, Railway Recruitment Board Exams, IBPS PO Assistant, RRB NTPC, and other state PSC exams.
Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021 download link is available at the end of the post.
Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh takes over as ENC chief
- Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of Eastern Naval Command (ENC).
- Eastern Naval Command Founded: 1 March 1968; Headquarter: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
Kuldiep Singh takes additional charge as CRPF DG
- IPS officer Kuldiep Singh has given an additional charge of CRPF director general (DG) after incumbent chief A P Maheshwari
- Central Reserve Police Force Headquarters: New Delhi, India; Formed: 27 July 1939; Motto: Service and Loyalty.
GoI appoints Dr. GP Samanta as new Chief Statistician of India
- The Central Government has appointed Dr G P Samantaas the new Chief Statistician of India (CSI) for a period of two years.
Union Minister Anurag Thakur promoted as Captain in Territorial Army
- Union MinisterAnurag Thakur has become the first serving MP to be appointed as Captain in the Territorial Army. Thakur has been promoted to the rank of Captain at 124 Infantry Battalion Territorial Army (Sikh).
A. Ganapathy appointed Director General of National Security Guard
- Senior IPS officer, A. Ganapathywas on March 16, 2021, appointed Director-General of the National Security Guard.
- National Security Guard Headquarters: New Delhi.
- The motto of the National Security Guard: Sarvatra Sarvottam Suraksha.
Ajay Mathur takes over as Director-General of International Solar Alliance
- Dr Ajay Mathur has assumed office as the Director-General of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) with effect from March 15, 2021. He has been appointed for a period of four years which can be renewed for an additional term.
Saurabh Garg appointed as new CEO of UIDAI
- Senior bureaucrat, Saurabh Garg has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle affected by the Centre.
- UIDAI Founded: 28 January 2009; UIDAI Headquarters: New Delhi.
67th National Film Awards Announced
The 67th National Film Awards are currently being announced in New Delhi. The awards are for films from the year 2019. The event is organised by the Directorate of Film Festivals, which comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Here is the complete list of all the winners:
- Best Hindi Film: Chhichhore
- Best Bengali Film: Gumnaami
- Best Feature Film: Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea (Malayalam)
- Best Actor (shared): Manoj Bajpayee for Bhonsle (Hindi), and Dhanush for Asuran (Tamil)
- Best Actress: Kangana Ranaut for Panga (Hindi) and Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (Hindi)
- Best Supporting Actress: Pallavi Joshi for The Tashkent Files (Hindi)
- Best Supporting Actor: Vijay Sethupathi for Super Deluxe (Tamil)
- Best Director: Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan for Bahattar Hoorain (Hindi)
- Best Background Music: Prabuddha Banerjee for Jyeshthoputro (Bengali)
- Best Screenplay (Original): Jyeshthoputro (Bengali), Kaushik Ganguly
- Best Screenplay (Adapted): Gumnaami (Bengali), Srijit Mukherji
- Best Screenplay (Dialogue Writer): The Tashkent Files (Hindi), Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri
- Best Cinematography: Jallikattu (Malayalam), Gireesh Gangadharan
- Best Children’s Film: Kastoori (Hindi)
- Best Film on Environment Conservation: Water Burial (Monpa)
- Best Female Playback Singer: Savani Ravindra for Bardo (Marathi)
- Best Male Playback Singer: B Praak for Kesari (Hindi)
- Best Book on Cinema: A Gandhian Affair: India’s Curious Portrayal of Love in Cinema, by Sanjay Suri
- Most Film Friendly State: Sikkim
Gandhi Peace Prize for the Year 2019 & 2020 announced
- The Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019 is being conferred on (Late) His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman.
- On the other hand, Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2020 is being conferred on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- Gandhi Peace Prize is an annual award instituted by the Government of India since 1995, the 125th Birth Anniversary commemoration year of Mahatma Gandhi.
78th edition of Golden Globe Awards 2021 announced
- The 78th edition honoured the best in American television, as well as film in 2020 and early 2021, as chosen by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- Golden Globe Awards recognise excellence in film, both American and international, and American television.
- American TV series “The Crown”won the most awards for the ceremony with four awards. Late American actor Chadwick Boseman won the Golden Globe award for Best Actor in Drama category, posthumously, for his portrayal of Levee Green in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.
WAN-IFRA names The Hindu Group ‘Champion Publisher of the Year 2020’
- The Hindu Group won two golds and two silvers at South Asian Digital Media Awards given by WAN IFRA (World Association of News Publishers), culminating in being named ‘Champion Publisher of the Year’, owing to the highest tally on the points table.
Bihari Puraskar 2020 to be awarded to Mohankrishna Bohara
- The 30th Bihari Puraskar for 2020will be given to Mohankrishna Bohara for his Hindi book of Criticism, titled Taslima: Sangharsh Aur Sahitya. The K. Birla Foundation announced this in New Delhi. The book was published in 2016.
- Bihari Puraskar carries award money of two lakh 50 thousand rupees, a Citation and a Plaque. The award is one of the three literary awards instituted by the K. Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Named after famous Hindi poet Bihari, the award is given every year for an outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani published in the last 10 years by a Rajasthani writer.
Grammy Awards 2021 Announced: Check the list of Winners
- The 63rd edition of the annual Grammy Awards ceremony was held in Los Angeles on March 14, 2021. The 2021 Grammy awards recognized the best recordings, compositions, and artists of the eligibility year, between September 1, 2019, to August 31, 2020.
- The award is presented by The Recording Academy to recognize achievements in the American music industry. Beyonce received the most nominations with nine, as well as the most awards with four.
- Album Of The Year “Folklore” by Taylor Swift
- Record Of The Year “Everything I Wanted” by Billie Eilish
Gowsalya Shankar honoured with International Woman of Courage 2021
- The U.S. Consulate honoured Tamil Nadu-based anti-caste activist and human rights defender Gowsalya Shankarwith a nomination for the International Woman of Courage (IWOC) Award.
Sahitya Akademi Award 2020 announced
- Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards in 20 languages.
- Bengali: Eka Eka Ekashi (Memoirs)- Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay
- English: When God Is a Traveller (Poetry)- Arundhathi Subramaniam
- Sanskrit: Vaishali (Novel): Mahesh Chandra Sharma Gautam
Hindi Writer Prof. Sharad Pagare Selected for Vyas Samman 2020
- Well known Hindi writer, Prof. Sharad Pagarewill be conferred with the prestigious Vyas Samman – 2020. He will be awarded the 31st Vyas Samman for his novel “Patliputru Ki Samragi”.
- The Vyas Samman started in 1991, is given by KK Birla Foundation for an outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by an Indian citizen published during the last 10 years. It carries an award of four lakh rupees along with a citation and plaque.
Dr Sharankumar Limbale to receive Saraswati Samman 2020
- Noted Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbalewill receive Saraswati Samman, 2020 for his book Sanatan. The award carries fifteen lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque. Saraswati Samman, instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991, is recognised as the most prestigious and highest literary award in the country.
66th Filmfare Awards 2021 announced
- Among the winners was the late Irrfan Khan,who won the award for best actor in a leading role (male) category, while Amitabh Bachchan bagged the best actor (critics) Award.
- Best Film: Thappad
- Best Film (Critics): Prateek Vats (Eeb Allay Ooo!)
- Best Director: Om Raut (Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior)
- Best Actor in a Lead Role (MALE): Irrfan Khan (Angrezi Medium)
- Best Actor (Critics): Amitabh Bachchan (Gulabo Sitabo)
- Best Actor in a Lead Role (Female): Taapsee Pannu (Thappad)
- Best Actress (Critics): Tillotama Shome (SIR)
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male): Saif Ali Khan (Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior)
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female): Farrokh Jaffar (Gulabo Sitabo)
- Best Music Album: Pritam (Ludo)
- Best Lyrics: Gulzar (Chhappak)
- Best Playback Singer (male): Raghav Chaitanya – Ek Tukda Dhoop (Thappad)
- Best Playback Singer (Female): Asees Kaur (Malang)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Irrfan Khan.
Justice NV Ramana will be the 48th Chief Justice of India.
- Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde has recommended Justice NV Ramana’s name as his successor after he retires next month.
- CJI Bobde is set to retire on 23 April. In a letter to the Law Ministry, CJI SA Bobde recommended Justice Ramana as his successor.
- Justice NV Ramana is the most senior judge in the apex court after CJI Bobde. On appointment, Justice NV Ramana will be the 48th Chief Justice of India and he will have a long tenure as CJI for over 16 months
Union Power and new and renewable energy minister, Raj Kumar Singh “Gram Ujala Scheme”
- The government of India has launched the “Gram Ujala Scheme” to provide the cheapest LED bulbs in rural areas.
- The scheme was launched by the Union power and new and renewable energy minister, Raj Kumar Singh.
- In this phase, around 15 million LED bulbs will be distributed in the villages of Arrah (Bihar), Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Nagpur (Maharashtra), and western Gujarat.
International Yoga festival begins in Rishikesh
- The International Yoga Festival was inaugurated by the Agriculture Minister of Uttarakhand Subodh Uniyal, head of Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad (ABAP) Narendra Giri and Patanjali Yogpeeth chairman Acharya Balakrishna in
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Tirath Singh Rawat; Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
India describes Sri Lanka ‘Priority One’ partner in defence
- Indian High Commission in Colombo has described the island nation of Sri Lanka as its “Priority One” partner in the defence sphere and reiterated the assurance of fullest cooperation in the field of defence and security.
- Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte; President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa; Currency: Sri Lankan rupee.
Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV merged into Sansad TV
- The new channel has been named the ‘Sansad Television’.This change is effective from March 01, 2021.
- Ravi Capoor,a retired IAS officer of the 1986 batch, has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Sansad TV for one year.
UNGA adopts India-led resolution declaring 2023 as Int’l Year of Millets
- The UN General Assembly adopted by consensus a resolution sponsored by India and supported by over 70 nations declaring 2023 as the International Year of Millets. The International Year of Millets is aimed at raising awareness about the health benefits of the grain and its suitability for cultivation under changing climatic conditions.
- The resolution considers the urgent need to raise awareness of the climate-resilient and nutritional benefits of millets and to advocate for diversified, balanced and healthy diets through the increased sustainable production and consumption of millets.
- UN General Assembly Founded: 1945; HQ- New York, United States.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh
- Maitri Bridge will also make Tripura the ‘Gateway of North East’ with access to Chittagong Port of Bangladesh, which is just 80 km from the
- The Maitri Setu Bridge has been built on the Feni River,which lies between the Indian boundary in Tripura and Bangladesh.
- The 9 Kilometreslong bridge will connect Sabroom in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh.
- The bridge has been constructed by the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited at a project cost of around 133 Crore.
Union Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi
- The Union Cabinet has approved thePradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN), as a single non-lapsable reserve fund.
- This has been approved for the share of Health from proceeds of Health and Education Cess which is levied under the Section 136-b of Finance Act, 2007.
- This revenue in the fund will be used for the flagship schemes of the Health Ministry including the National Health Mission, Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centres, Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana and for the emergency & disaster preparedness and responses in cases of health emergencies.
Cabinet Approves Amendments in Insurance Act 1938
- The Union Cabinet has given its nod for amendments in the Insurance Act, paving way for 74 per cent foreign direct investment in the sector. Currently, the permissible FDI limit in life and general insurance stands at 49 per cent with ownership and management control with Indian.
- According to sources, the Cabinet in its meeting has approval for amendments in the Insurance Act, 1938.It was in 2015 when the government hiked the FDI cap in the insurance sector from 26 per cent to 49 per cent.
- The majority of directors on the board and key management persons would be resident Indians, with at least 50 per cent of directorsbeing independent directors, and a specified percentage of profits being retained as a general reserve.
- An increase in FDI will help improve life insurance penetration in the country. Life insurance premium as a percentage of GDP is 3.6 per cent in the country, way below the global average of 7.13 per cent, and in the case of general insurance, it is even worse at 0.94 per cent of GDP, as against the world average of 2.88 per cent.
- The government has earlier allowed 100 per cent foreign direct investment in insurance intermediaries.
Supreme Court seeks govt.’s response on plea against Places of Worship Act
- The Supreme Court has asked the government to respond to a plea challenging the Places of Worship Act enacted in 1991.
- The petition said Sections of the Act that dealt with the bar on legal claims were against the principles of secularism.
- The religious character of a place of worship shall continue to be the same as it was on 15 August 1947.
GoI launched “Gram Ujala Scheme” for Rural Areas
- The government of India has launched the “Gram Ujala Scheme” to provide the cheapest LED bulbs in rural areas. The scheme was launched by the Union power and new and renewable energy minister, Raj Kumar Singh.
- The Gram Ujala Scheme is an ambitious scheme that offers the world’s cheapest LED bulbs in rural areas. This is the first such scheme in India. It provides the LED Bulbs in these areas at a mere ₹10.
Indian Navy undertakes exercise PASSEX with Royal Bahrain Naval Force
- Indian Navy on 18th March undertook Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Bahrain Naval Force Corvette Al Muharraq in the Persian Gulf under Operation Sankalp. PASSEXs are conducted regularly by the Indian Navy with units of friendly foreign navies, whilst visiting each other’s ports or during a rendezvous at sea.
- King of Bahrain: Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa; Capital: Manama; Currency: Bahraini dinar.
Uttarakhand CM launches ”Gharoki Pechan, Chelik Naam” scheme
- Uttarakhand Ex- Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched “Gharoki Paachan, Chelik Naam” (daughter”s name is a home”s identity) programme and development schemes worth Rs 42 crore in
- The government is working towards women empowerment and 32,000 women groups of the state are being linked with self-employment to make them self-reliant.
India’s first ‘Transgender Community Desk’ opens in Telangana
- The Cyberabad Police has launched India’s first-ever Transgender Community Desk’at the Gachibowli Police Station in Hyderabad, Telangana. This desk is the first-of-its-kind gender-inclusive community policing initiatives in the country.
- Earlier in 2014, the Supreme Court recognised the transgender community as a third gender along with male and female and ruled that they have equal privilege over the fundamental rights enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Chief Minister of Telangana: K Chandrasekhar Rao;Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan.
Tirath Singh Rawat becomes new Chief Minister of U’khand
- The Bharatiya Janata Party’s member of Parliament from Pauri Garhwal, Tirath Singh Rawat,will be the next chief minister of Uttarakhand. This was announced by outgoing chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, who resigned. Tirath Singh Rawat will be sworn in as the new chief minister of Uttrakhand.
Jammu and Kashmir launches Super-75 Scholarship Scheme
- The Jammu and KashmirLieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has launched “Super-75” scholarship schemes for meritorious girls, on the occasion of International Women’s Day 2021. The basic aim of this scholarship scheme is to facilitate the education and entrepreneurship of women.
- The super-75 scholarship scheme will support the education of meritorious girls from poor families, so that they can excel in streams like medicine, engineering, ITI (Industrial training institutes) and humanity and contribute to nation-building.
- Apart from this, Lt Governor Sinha also announced a new scheme named ‘Tejaswini’.This scheme has been launched under ‘Mission Youth-J&K’.
- Under Tejaswini, financial assistance of Rs 5 lakhs will be provided to the girls between the age group of 18 to 35 years to start their business.
J&K Govt approves setting up of JVC “Ratle Hydroelectric Power Corporation”
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration has approved the incorporation of a joint venture company (JVC) under the name “Ratle Hydro-electric Power Corporation”. To implement the 850 MW Ratle Hydro-Electric Project (HEP) on river Chenab in the Kishtwar district of the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K).
Jharkhand launches ‘SAAMAR’ campaign to fight malnutrition
- The state government of Jharkhand has launched a campaign called SAAMAR to tackle malnutrition in the state.
- SAAMAR stands for Strategic Action for Alleviation of Malnutrition and Anemia Reduction.The campaign has been launched with a 1000 days target, where annual surveys will be conducted to track the progress.
Bihar becomes the first state to have its own ethanol policy
- The Ethanol Production Promotion Policy, 2021,of Bihar promotes new standalone ethanol manufacturing units by providing them additional capital subsidy at 15% of the cost of plant and machinery up to a maximum of ₹5 crores.
- Chief Minister of Bihar: Nitish Kumar; Governor: Phagu Chauhan.
WHO declares El Salvador malaria-free
- El Salvador is the first country in Central America to be certified malaria-free by the World Health Organization.
Ghana becomes the world’s first nation to receive COVAX vaccines
- Ghana has become the first country in the world to receive vaccines acquired through the United Nations-backed COVAX initiative with a delivery of 600,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine made by the Serum Institute of India.
- Ghana Capital: Accra; Ghana Currency: Ghanaian cedi.
Russia launches first Arctic-monitoring Satellite ‘Arktika-M’
- The Russian space corporationRoscosmos successfully launched its first satellite to monitor the Arctic’s climate and environment. The satellite called “Arktika-M”, was launched on February 28, 2021, onboard Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket, from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- This satellite will help to collect information to solve operational meteorology and hydrology problems, and monitoring the climate and environment in the Arctic region.
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin; Russia Capital: Moscow; Russia Currency: Russian Ruble.
Australia building world’s first platypus sanctuary
- Australian conservationists have unveiled plans to build the world’s first refuge for the platypus, to promote breeding and rehabilitation as the duck-billed mammal faces extinction due to climate change.
- The Taronga Conservation Society Australia and the New South Wales State government said they would build the specialist facility, mostly ponds and burrows for the semi-aquatic creatures, at a zoo 391 km from Sydney, by 2022.
Bangladesh to commemorate 50th anniversary of 1971 Liberation war
- In the 50th year of Indian victory over Pakistan in the 1971 Liberation war, Indian Naval Ships arrived in the port town of Mongla for a three-day visit to The Indian Naval Ships is on a three-day visit between March 8 to 10. This is the first time ever that any Indian Naval Ship is visiting the port of Mongla in Bangladesh.
- The basic aim of this visit is to pay homage to the Bangladeshi and Indian combatants and citizens who laid down their lives during the Liberation War of 1971 against Pakistan.
- The ships will take part in the ongoing Swarnim Vijay Varsh celebrations to commemorate 50 years of the Liberation War of 1971 and reiterating the historic Indo-Bangladeshi friendship.
Switzerland votes to ban full-face coverings in public places
- Switzerland has voted in favour of a proposal banning full facial coverings including the burqa and niqab in almost all public places. In the public referendum, around 21 per cent of voters voted in support of the controversial proposal.
- Switzerland Currency: Swiss franc; Capital: Bern.
World’s Most Powerful Supercomputer Fugaku is ready for use
- The Japanese scientific research institute called RIKEN and Fujitsu started developing the “Fugaku” six years ago. It is the world’s most powerful supercomputers. Fugaku has been named after an alternative name for Mount Fuji.
World’s Largest Floating Solar Farms being built in Singapore
- The largest floating solar farm in the world is being built in The country has resorted to set up energy plants off the coasts and reservoirs across it.
Dutch PM Mark Rutte powers to the fourth straight election win
- NetherlandsPrime Minister, Mark Rutte has won the 2021 parliamentary elections with most seats to be sworn in as the Prime Minister for the fourth straight term.
Samia Suluhu Hassan sworn in as Tanzania’s first woman President
- Samia Suluhu Hassan was sworn in as the sixth President of Tanzania, becoming the first female leader of the East African country.
Bangladesh celebrates 50 years of independence
- Bangladesh celebrates 50 years of its Independence and National Day on 26 March, coinciding with the grand celebration of the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- On March 26, 1971,Bangladesh was proclaimed as an independent nation by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and this led to Bangladesh Liberation War when war ensued between Pakistan and Bangladesh liberation forces with Indian support.
- It was 50 years ago on the night of March 25, 1971, that Pakistan’s military launched a violent crackdown on the city of Dhaka, then part of East Pakistan, to quell a rising nationalist movement seeking independence for what is today known as Bangladesh.
- The fight for independence can be traced back to Britain’s colonial rule of the Indian subcontinent and the new nations that were carved out after its end in 1947.
- There were India and Pakistan, the latter split into West Pakistan and East Pakistan. The war would rage until December when India joined on the side of Bangladesh.
- Finally, on December 16, 1971, Pakistan’s forces surrendered and Bangladesh celebrated its freedom.
Frontier Gandhi’s autobiography released in English
- The autobiography of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, popularly known as the “Frontier Gandhi”, titled “The Frontier Gandhi: My Life and Struggle” is set to be published in English by the publishing house Roli Books.
- This will be his first autobiography in English. The book was translated into English by Imitiaz Ahmad Sahibzada, the former Pakistani civil servant and author.
- The book by Ghaffar Khan brings out the life events and personalities of the independence movement.
- The book accounts for the sacrifices and efforts that resulted in the Independence of India.
A book on Smriti Irani’s victory in Amethi released soon
- The book, titled“Dynasty to Democracy: The Untold Story of Smriti Irani’s Triumph”, traces Union Minister Irani’s journey from her defeat in 2014 to her victory in the Congress stronghold of Amethi, Uttar Pradesh during the 2019 Lok Sabha election.
A book titled ‘My Experiments with Silence’ authored by Samir Soni
- The book “My Experiments with Silence” is authored by Samir Soni on anxiety and self -discovery. Soni’s book aims to be a personal account of his dialogues with himself during his growing-up years in Delhi, his stint at Wall Street and his time in Bollywood.
Mumbai City FC beat ATK Mohun Bagan to win their maiden ISL title
- Mumbai City FC has defeated ATK Mohun Bagan 2-1 in the ISL 2020-21 final to lift yet another trophy this year. Mumbai had earlier secured the ISL Shield along with a spot in the AFC Champions League group stage by finishing first in the standings in the regular season.
- Related Awards
- Golden Ball Award(Best Player of ISL 2020-21): ATK Mohun Bagan forward Roy Krishna.
- Emerging Indian Player of the Year: NorthEast United midfielder
- Golden Boot Award(Top goal-scorer): FC Goa striker Igor Angulo for 14 goals.
- Golden Glove Award(Best Goalkeeper): ATK Mohun Bagan custodian Arindam Bhattacharya for ten clean sheets.
India qualify for ICC World Test Championship Final
- Indian Cricket Team have qualified for the inaugural ICC World Test Championship final after beating England in an innings and 25 runs in the fourth and final Test in Ahmedabad on 6th March.
- New Zealand had already qualified for the WTC final with 420 points from 11 Tests with 7 wins and 4 losses. The World Test Championship final will be played at the Lord’s Cricket Ground in London from June 18.
Mithali Raj becomes 1st Indian woman cricketer to score 10K Int’l runs
- The veteran Indian women’s cricketer Mithali Raj has become the first Indian woman cricketer that has completed 10,000 international runs in all the cricket formats.
- She also becomes the second woman cricketer at the international level to complete 10000 runs. She achieved the milestone of 10,000 after she hit a boundary off the Anne Bosch in 28th over of Indian innings in the ongoing third ODI match against South Africa.
Bhavani Devi becomes first ever Indian fencer to qualify for Olympics
- Bhavani Devi became the first-ever Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics. The sabre fencer secured an Olympic spot due to events in the ongoing Fencing World Cup. Hosts Hungary lost in the quarterfinals of the team event, allowing Korea to progress to the semis.
Vinesh Phogat wins gold in Ukraine wrestling event
- Star Indian wrestler, Vinesh Phogathas defeated 2017 world champion Vanesa Kaladzinskay of Belarus to win a gold medal at the XXIV Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial tournament, held in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Haryana’s Bhiwani-based Vinesh won in the 53kg bout with a 10-8 lead. She is the only Indian woman wrestler to have qualified for the Tokyo Olympics Games in the 53 kg category.
Kieron Pollard becomes 3rd Man to Hit 6 Sixes in an over
- Kieron Pollard hit six sixes in an over to guide West Indies to a comprehensive four-wicket win against Sri Lanka in the first game of their three-match T20 series.
- Pollard joins former India batsman Yuvraj Singh as the only other player to hit six sixes in an over in T20 cricket, and just the third man to hit six sixes in an international match, emulating Herschelle Gibbs (South Africa) and Yuvraj Singh (India).
J&K tops medals tally at Khelo India Winter National Games
- Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir topped the medals tally in the second edition of the Khelo India Winter National Games. J&K won 11 gold, 18 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- The five-day mega sports event which began on the 26th of February concluded in the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir: Manoj Sinha.
Bajrang Punia bags gold in Matteo Pellicon World ranking series
- In wrestling, the World Championship bronze medallist Bajrang Puniawon a gold medal at the Matteo Pallicone ranking series held in Rome, Italy. He defeated Mongolia’s Tulga Tumur Ochir 2-2 by criteria in the 65kg freestyle event final.
Ashwin, Beaumont Win ICC Player of Month Awards for February
- India spinner Ravichandran Ashwin was awarded the ICC Player of the Month award for February, the International Cricket Council (ICC). Ashwin beat England captain Joe Root and West Indies’ Kyle Mayers to the award.
Koneru Humpy is BBC’s Indian sportswoman of the year
- World rapid chess champion Koneru Humpyhas won the BBC Indian Sportswoman-of-the-Year award. BBC director-general Tim Davie, hosting the virtual awards ceremony.
- The Lifetime Achievement award went to veteran athlete Anju Bobby George.
India-New Zealand World Test Championship final in Southampton
- India will play their inaugural World Test Championship final against New Zealand at Southampton’s Ageas Bowl Stadium, England from June 18-22.
PV Sindhu wins silver in BWF Swiss Open Super 300
- India’s ace shuttler PV Sindhu has won a silver medal in the BWF Swiss Open Super 300 in the final of the women’s singles event held at Basel, Switzerland.
- The World No. 7 Sindhu lost to World No. 3 and reigning Olympic champion Carolina Marin.
Virat Kohli becomes the first player to score 3000 runs in men’s T20I
- Indian captain Virat Kohli has breached the 3000-run mark in Twenty20 Internationals with his last shot in the second T20I against Kohli’s knock of 73 runs, which came off 49 balls, also helped India to level the five-match T20I series.
- He also became the third captain in international cricket to score 12000 runs as a captain. He joined legendary captains Ricky Ponting and Graeme Smith in the elite list.
Hashmatullah Shahidi becomes 1st afghan player to score Test double century
- Afghanistan’s Hashmatullah Shahidibecame the first batsman from the country to register a double hundred in Test cricket. He got his first double century on Day Two of the second Test against Zimbabwe in Abu Dhabi. He made 200 not out off 443 balls with 21 fours and one six as Afghanistan put up a mammoth 545 for 4 in their first innings.
India Legends wins 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T-20
- In Cricket, India Legendsdefeated Sri Lanka Legends by 14 runs to clinch the Road Safety World Series final title, held at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Rahi Sarnobat, Chinky Yadav and Manu Bhaker clinch Gold at ISSF Shooting World Cup
- In Shooting, India won gold in the women’s 25m Pistol Team event at the ISSF World Cup in
- India beat Poland in the final to win the country’s 10th gold. The Indian women’s team of Rahi Sarnobat, Chinki Yadav and Manu Bhaker beat Poland’s Joanna Iwona Wawrzonowska, Julita Borek and Agnieszka Korejwo 17-7 in the gold medal match.
India ranks 139th in World Happiness Report 2021
- India has been placed at 139th position out of 149 countries in the UN World Happiness Report 2021 released. In 2019, India was ranked 140th.
- The World Happiness Report 2021 has been topped by Finland, for the fourth consecutive year.
- The World Happiness Report is issued by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, to rank countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
Elon Musk Tops Hurun Global Rich List 2021
- The 10th Edition of Hurun Global Rich List 2021 was released, which ranked 3228 billionaires from 2,402 companies and 68 countries. The report showed that despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the world added 8 billionaires every week in 2020 and 421 in a year, taking their total number to a record 3,288.
- Tesla chief Elon Muskbagged the top spot on the Hurun Global Rich List for the first time after adding a massive $151 billion during the year 2020 to take his net worth to $197 billion.
- Asia’s richest person and Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani is ranked eighth on the Hurun Global Rich List 2021. The total wealth of Ambani surged by 24% to $83 billion (approximately Rs 6.09 lakh crore).
Ease of Living Index 2020 released
- Bengaluru emerged as the top city on the government’s Ease of Living Index 2020 that was released by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri. Pune was second and Ahmedabad was ranked third among 111 cities.
- In Less than Million category group, Shimla was ranked the highest in ease of living.
11th QS World University Rankings 2021 released
- The 11th edition of the QS World University Rankings was released on March 04, 2021. The QS World University Rankings 2021 ranks the top 1,000 universities from around the world, covering 80 different locations. There are 47 new entrants on the list.
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the United States has retained its top position as the best university for the ninth year in a row.
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has emerged as the best institution. It is placed at 172 positions. No institute in India is in the top 100.
India downgraded from ‘free’ to ‘partly free’ in democracy report
- India’sstatus as a democracy and free society has been downgraded to “partly free” in the latest annual report on global political rights and liberties by Freedom House, a US government-funded NGO that studies political freedom around the world.
- The report titled “Freedom in the World 2021 – Democracy under Siege”.India’s fall “from the upper ranks of free nations could have a particularly damaging impact on global democratic standards”.
- India had been rated as “free”in Freedom House’s reports for 2018, 2019 and 2020, though its scores on a scale of 100 had declined during this period from 77 to 71. In the latest report, India had a score of 67 out of 100.
Crisil: Indian economy to grow at 11% in FY’22
- India’s GDP growth is expected to rebound to 11%in FY’22 as people learn to live with the new normal, flattening of the Covid-19 affliction curve, the rollout of vaccinations, and investment-focused government spending converge, according to rating firm
- But recovery won’t be easy, with scars of the pandemic deep for small businesses and the urban poor.
India’s Forex Reserves Surpass Russia’s to become World’s 4th Biggest
- India’s foreign exchange reserves surpassed Russia’s to become the world’s fourth-largest reserve.
- The foreign currency holdings of India stood at $580.3 billion as of March 5, as per the data by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The reserve of Russia was $580.1 billion.Overall, China has the largest reserves, followed by Japan and Switzerland, as on the International Monetary Fund table.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
New Delhi Ranked as World’s most polluted capital city
- New Delhi has been adjudged as the world’s most polluted capital city for the third straight year in the 2020 World Air Quality Report by Swiss organisation, Globally, New Delhi is ranked as the 10th most polluted city in the world.
- The topmost polluted city in the world is Xinjiang in China. This is followed by nine Indian cities as the most polluted cities in the world, which are Ghaziabad, Bulandshahar, Bisrakh Jalalpur, Noida, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow and Bhiwari.
Indian Armed Forces 4th Strongest in the World
- China has the strongest military force in the world while India stands at number four, according to a study released by defence website Military Direct. China has the strongest military in the world, scoring 82 out of 100 points in the index.
- The USA,despite their enormous military budgets, comes in 2nd place with 74 points, followed by Russia with 69, India at 61 and then France with 58.
Zero Discrimination Day: 01 March
- Zero Discrimination Day is an annual day celebrated on 1 March each year by the United Nations and other international organisations. Zero Discrimination Day is celebrated to promote and celebrate everyone’s right, regardless of age, gender, sexuality, nationality, ethnicity, skin colour, etc.
- The theme of Zero Discrimination Day 2021: “End Inequalities”.
- United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
World Wildlife Day observed globally on 3rd March
- World Wildlife Dayi s observed globally on the 3rd of March every year to celebrate the beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora present on earth.
- World Wildlife Day will be celebrated in 2021 under the theme “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”
- World Wildlife Fund Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland.
National Safety Day: 04 March
- The National Safety Day (NSD)is celebrated every year on 4 March by the National Safety Council (NSC) of India. In 2021, we are observing the 50th National Safety Day.
- The National Safety Day Theme 2021 is “Sadak Suraksha (Road Safety)”.
- The day is also celebrated to mark the foundation of the National Safety Council, which was set up on 4th March 1966 by the Ministry of Labour, Government of India. The first National Safety Day was observed in 1972.
National Security Day: 04 March
- In India, March 4is celebrated as National Security Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas) every year, in the honor of the Indian Security Forces.
- The day aims to show gratitude to all the security forces, including policemen, para-military forces, commandos, guards, army officers, and other persons involved in security, who sacrifice their life in maintaining the peace and security of the people of the country.
- 4 March also marks the day when the National Security Council (NSC) of India was established, in 1966 by the Ministry of Labour under the Government of India. The first National Security Day (NSD) was held in
PM Modi addresses ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ celebrations
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ celebrations through video conference. He dedicated to the nation the 7500th Janaushadhi Kendra at NEIGRIHMS, Shillong during the event.
- He interacts with beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana and also gives awards to stakeholders by recognizing their excellent work. Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers will also be present on the occasion.
- 1st March to 7th March is celebrated as ‘Janaushadhi Week’ across the nation with the theme of “Jan Aushadhi – Seva Bhi, Rozgar Bhi” for creating awareness about the use of generic medicines.
International Women’s Day: 8 March
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on the 8th of March every year. This day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
- This year’s theme for International Women Day, “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world”,celebrates the tremendous efforts by women and girls around the world in shaping a more equal future and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Secretary-General of United Nations: Antonio Guterres; Headquarters: New York
World Kidney Day observed globally on 11th March 2021
- World Kidney Day is observed globally on the second Thursday of March every year. This year World Kidney Day is observed on 11th March 2021. The theme of the 2021 World Kidney day is “Living Well with Kidney Disease”.
World Consumer Rights Day: March 15
- World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on March 15 every year to raise global awareness about consumer rights and needs,and protect consumers across the globe against market abuses.
- The theme for World Consumer Rights Day 2021 is “Tackling Plastic Pollution.”
National Vaccination Day: March 16
- The National Vaccination Day,(also called the National Immunization Day), is celebrated every year on March 16 in India, to convey the importance of vaccination to the entire nation.
- The day was first observed in the year 1995. It was in 1995 that India started the Pulse Polio Programme and the first dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was given.
Global Recycling Day 2021: 18 March
- Global Recycling Day is observed every year on March 18 to create awareness among the masses about the rapid pace at which our natural resources are being used. The day also promotes the concept and practice of recycling. Every year, events are organised by environmentalist and activists to promote the cause.
International Day of Happiness: 20 March
- International Day of Happiness is celebrated on March 20 to promote happiness as a fundamental human right for all human beings across the world. The 2021 International Day of Happiness campaign theme is ‘Keep Calm.
World Sparrow Day: 20 March
- World Sparrow Day is celebrated every year on March 20 to raise awareness about the House Sparrow and other common birds to urban environments, and of threats to their populations. The theme of 2021 World Sparrow Day “I LOVE Sparrows”.
International Day of Forests: 21 March
- The International Day of Forests(also known as World Forestry Day) is celebrated every year on March 21.
- The theme for International Day of Forests 2021 is “Forest restoration: a path to recovery and well-being”.
World Water Day observed globally on 22 March
- World Water Dayis observed globally on 22nd March every year. World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the 2 billion people living without access to safe water. It is about taking action to tackle the global water crisis.
Shaheed Diwas Observed On 23 March
- Every year, March 23 is observed as Martyrs Day (Shaheed Diwas or Sarvodaya Day) to pay tribute on the death anniversary of the freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru, who laid their lives for the freedom of India.
- It was on March 23 in 1931, in Lahore (Pakistan), that these three were hanged to death for assassinating John Saunders, a British police officer in 1928.
- They had mistaken him for British police superintendent James Scott, who had ordered lathi-charge, which eventually led to the death of Lala Lajpat Rai.
- Also, 30 January is observed as Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Diwas in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
World Meteorological Day observed globally on 23 March
- The World Meteorological Dayis celebrated every year on 23 March to commemorate the date of the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization in 23 March 1950. The day also highlights the contribution that the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services make to the safety and well-being of society.
World Tuberculosis Day: 24 March
- World Tuberculosis Dayis observed every year on 24 March to create awareness among the public about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
- The date marks the day in 1882when Dr Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
Earth Hour 2021: 27 March
- Every year, the Earth Hour is celebrated worldwide on the last Saturday of March month to show support for the fight against climate change and commitment towards a better planet. Earth Hour 2021 is being marked on March 27, 2021. The Earth Hour 2021 theme will focus on “Climate Change to Save Earth.”
- The Day is a worldwide movement organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), encouraging individuals, communities, corporates, and households to turn off their lights for one hour, from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Audio cassette tape inventor Lou Ottens passes away
- The Dutch inventor of audio cassette tapes, Lou Ottenspassed away. Dutch engineer credited with inventing the cassette tape and playing a major role in the development of the first CD.
- In 1963, Ottens presented the first cassette tape at the Berlin Radio Show electronics fair. After the fair deal signed between Sony and Philips to patent his creation that gained worldwide popularity. Ottens also worked on the CD development project.
Former Bangladesh PM Moudud Ahmed passes away
- Barrister Moudud Ahmed, who held various political offices for short stints in the Government of Bangladesh, has passed away.
- He had served as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh (1988–1989).
Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh Passes Away
- Justice Shri Anshuman Singh, the former Governor of Rajasthan & Gujarat, has passed away. Anshuman Singh was a retired Justice who served as the Governor of Rajasthan from January 1999 till 2003. Prior to that, he was appointed as the Governor of Gujarat state in 1998.
Renowned Padma Bhushan winning painter Laxman Pai passes away
- Renowned Indian artist and painter Laxman Pai has passed away. The Goa-based painter was a recipient of the Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian honour.
- The former principal of the Goa College of Art had several laurels under his name including Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri, Nehru Award, and Lalit Kala Akademi Award.
Former Sebi chairman GV Ramakrishna passes away
- Former Sebi chairman GV Ramakrishna passed away. He was appointed as the chairman of markets regulator Sebi in 1990when it lacked legal status.
Thaawarchand Gehlot launches “Sugamya Bharat App”
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched the “Sugamya Bharat App”, through a video conference in New Delhi. The minister also launched a handbook entitled “Access – The Photo Digest”.
- It is a Crowdsourcing Mobile Application to enable people with disabilities and even the elderly to register accessibility-related problems.
Virat Kohli becomes the first cricketer to have 100 million followers on Instagram
- India captain Virat Kohli became the first cricketer in the world to have 100 million followers on the social media platform The 32-year-old Kohli is also the fourth most followed sportsperson on Instagram.
- Portugal football star Cristiano Ronaldo tops the chart with 265 million followers, ahead of Argentina football captain and FC Barcelona legend Lionel Messi and Brazil’s Neymar, who are second and third in the list with 186 million and 147 million followers respectively.
India to commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on 4 March
- The Ministry of External Affairs India will commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on March 4 on the sidelines of the Maritime India Summit 2021 being held in New Delhi.
- The Summit is being held from March 2-4, 2021. The ministerial-level opening session would be followed by two webinar sessions namely the ‘Boosting Business through Trade Promotion and Regional Connectivity’and ‘Development of Port Infrastructure: Unleashing Opportunities’.
- Minister of External Affairs: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
Kotak Mahindra Bank tie-up with Indian army to handle salary accounts
- Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank will handle the salary account of the Indian army The bank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army here for a salary account.
- The MoU enables Kotak to offer its salary account proposition, combined with exclusive benefits for the Indian Army, to all army personnel – both active and retired.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank CEO: Uday Kotak; Establishment: 2003; Headquarters: Mumbai.
Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat resigns
- Trivendra Singh Rawat has resigned as the chief minister of Uttarakhand, a year before the hill state is scheduled to go to polls. Rawat, who became the CM after the BJP swept the assembly elections here in early 2017, tendered his resignation after meeting Governor Baby Rani Maurya.
- Tirath Singh Rawat has been sworn in as the new Uttarakhand chief minister. The 56-year-old MP from Pauri replaced Trivendra Singh Rawatwho stepped down from the post.
2021 Dandi March to mark 75 years of Independence
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off the 91st anniversary of Dandi March on March 12 in Ahmedabad to celebrate the 75th anniversary of India’s Independence.
- The Salt March, which took place from March to April 1930,was an act of civil disobedience led by Mahatma Gandhi to protest the British rule in the country.
- The event is kicked off from Mahatma Gandhi’s Sabarmati Ashram and this event is also the part of the State government’s programme to mark “Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav.”
- The Dandi March or Salt March as part of Mahatma Gandhi’s non-violent protest against the British monopoly on the production of salt. Led by Gandhi, 78 people started the 24-day march on March 12 and reached Dandi on April 5, 1930. After making salt at Dandi, Gandhi headed to Dharasana Salt Works, 40 km south, but was arrested on May 5.
J&K celebrates festival of Shivratri ‘Herath’
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the festival of Shivratri ‘Herath’ is being celebrated across Jammu and Kashmir. Festival Mahashivratri locally known as Herath in Kashmir is being celebrated across J&K by Kashmiri Pandit Community with religious fervour by offering “Watak Nath Pooja”.
- The World Development Report 2021: Data for Better Lives focuses on how data can be used to improve the life of the poor. The report is released by which organization?
[B] World Bank
[C] World Economic Forum
[D] International Monetary Fund
- Who will be conferred with the prestigious Vyas Samman – 2020?
[A] Sharad Pagare
[B] Mamta Kalla
[D] Sunita Jain
- Which film has won the best feature film award at the 67th National Film Awards for 2019?
[A] Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea
[B] Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi
- Who among the following has been conferred with the Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2020?
[A] Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said
[B] Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
[C] Donald Trump
[D] Yohei Sasakawa
- Who was recently honored with the International Woman of Courage 2021 Award by U.S. Consulate?
[A] Sunita Krishnan
[B] Shaheen Mistri
[C] Gowsalya Shankar
[D] Shazia Ilmi
- Who will be conferred with the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) Award 2021?
[A] Anupam Kher
[B] Paresh Rawal
[C] Amitabh Bachchan
[D] Amir Khan
- Mahamadou Issoufou has won the “2020 Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership”. He is the President of which of the following country?
- Which of the following has won the “Champion Publisher of the Year 2020” at South Asian Digital Media Awards?
[A] Penguin Random House India
[B] News18 Lokmat
[C] Times Now
[D] The Hindu Group
- Who has been declared as the winner of the 30th Bihari Puraskar for 2020 for his Hindi book of Criticism, titled Taslima: Sangharsh aur Sahitya?
[A] Hemant Shah
[B] MohanKrishana Bohara
[C] Giridhar Rathi
[D] Om Thanvi
- Which of the following film has won the “best film award” at the Golden Globe Awards 2021?
[A] Black Bottom
[B] Drama: Nomadland
[C] The Trial of the Chicago 7
- Who among the following has been selected for an honorary fellow of Sahitya Akademi?
[A] [A] K. Ramanujan
[B] David Dean Shulman
[C] Velcheru Narayana Rao
[D] Allasani Peddana
- Who has been recommended as the next chief justice of India by the incumbent Chief Justice of India S A Bobde?
[A] Justice N V Ramana
[B] Rohinton Fali Nariman
[C] Ajay Manikrao Khanwikar
[D] Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
- Who has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE)?
[A] Zubair Iqbal
[B] Manoj Ahuja
[C] V. Vidyavathi
[D] Soma Mondal
- Who among the following is going to take over as the managing director and CEO of Mahindra and Mahindra?
[A] Anish Shah
[B] Pramod Chandra Mody
[C] Matam Venkata Rao
[D] Kuldiep Singh
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new CMD of Food Corporation of India?
[A] Shikhar Agarwal
[B] Atish Chandra
[C] Prabal Bansal
[D] Pushkal Tripathi
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairman of the Airports Authority of India?
[A] Sanjeev Kumar
[B] Vinay Sharma
[C] Rohit Thakur
[D] Kamal Pratap
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Director General (DG) of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)?
[A] Kuldiep Singh
[B] M.[A] Ganapathy
[C] Kumar Rajesh Chandra
[D] Surjeet Singh Deswal
- Who among the following has been appointed as the director of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)?
[A] Anindya Dutta
[B] Deepak Mishra
[C] Prem Prakash
[D] Nidhi Vadhera
- Who among the following has been appointed as the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) until 2025?
[A] Jacques Rogge
[B] John Coates
[C] Juan Antonio Samaranch
[D] Thomas Bach
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Chief Statistician of India for a period of two years?
[A] Kshatrapati Shivaji
[B] GP Samanta
[C] Pravin Srivastava
[D] Sudhakar Deshmukh
- Indian-origin __________ has been appointed as the first Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the New York-based Federal Reserve Bank
[A] Naureen Hassan
[B] Danny Gaekwad
[C] Bhagi Nanda Sandilya
[D] Shashank Rai
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Chairperson of the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) Champions and Veterans Committee?
[A] Mary Kom
[B] Lovlina Borgohain
[C] Laishram Sarita Devi
[D] Jamuna Boro
- Who among the following has been appointed as Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau?
[A] Rohit Thakur
[B] Jaideep Bhatnagar
[C] Vikram Kumar Rana
[D] Pratibha Singh
- What is the rank of India in the list of strongest military forces in the world?
- What is India’s rank Globally in the latest Economic Freedom Index 2021 published by US conservative think-tank, The Heritage Foundation?
- According to the ‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ released by the Government of India (GoI) which of the following city has been adjudged as the most liveable city in India in the category of cities with a population of less than a million?
- According to the ‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ released by the Government of India (GoI) which city has been adjudged as the most liveable city in India among the million-plus population category?
- What is the Official Song of ICC Women’s World Cup 2022 called?
[A] Squad Goals
[B] Raise Me Up
[C] Girl Gang
[D] New Rush
- Who won the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix also known as Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2021?
[A] Max Verstappen
[B] Lewis Hamilton
[C] Valtteri Bottas
[D] Charles Leclerc
- Bhavani Devi, the 1st Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics, was felicitated by Indian Fencing Association. From which of the following states does she belong?
[B] Tamil Nadu
- Which of the following won the I-League title as it defeated TRAU 4-1 in the final match of the season in Kolkata?
[A] Real Kashmir
[B] Gokulam Kerala
[C] Chennai City
[D] RoundGlass Punjab
- International Yogasana Sports Federation was formed under the presidentship of ___________.
[A] Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
[B] Swami Sivananda
[C] Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
[D] Baba Ramdev
- English county Lancashire has announced the overseas signing of India batsman _______ for the 2021 Royal London Cup.
[A] Shreyas Iyer
[B] Virat Kohli
[C] Rohit Sharma
[D] Hardik Pandya
- Who among the following has won the gold medal in the women’s 25m Pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi in March 2021?
[A] Rahi Sarnobat
[B] Apurvi Chandela
[C] Yashaswini Singh Deswal
[D] Chinki Yadav
- Which of the following country won the final of the Road Safety World Series in March 2021?
[B] Sri Lanka
- Kamalpreet Kaur associated with which sports broke the 9-year-old National record and qualified for Tokyo Olympics?
[B] Discus throw
- Name the Sprinter, who beat national record holder Dutee Chand to win women’s 100m sprint final in the Federation Cup Senior National Athletics Championships.
[A] Archana Suseendran
[B] S Dhanalakshmi
[C] Hima Das
[D] Mandeep Kaur
- Which of the following football team has won the ISL 2020-21 title by beating ATK Mohun Bagan?
[A] Jamshedpur FC
[B] FC Goa
[C] Bengaluru FC
[D] Mumbai City FC
- The veteran Indian women’s cricketer _________ has become the first Indian woman cricketer that has completed 10,000 international runs in all the cricket formats.
[A] Taniya Bhatia
[B] Richa Ghosh
[C] Anjum Chopra
[D] Mithali Raj
- Bhavani Devi is associated with which sport who becomes the first-ever Indian to qualify for the Tokyo Olympic Games?
[B] Cycling Track
- Who of the following becomes the first cricketer to score 3,000 runs in T-20 International cricket?
[A] Rohit Sharma
[B] Virat Kohli
[C] Shikhar Dhawan
[D] KL Rahul
- The International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Shotgun World Cup 2021 was held in ______.
[A] Doha, Qatar
[B] Cairo, Egypt
[C] Dubai, UAE
[D] Berlin, Germany
- Which of the following smartphone company has back as the title sponsor of the Indian Premium League cricket tournament?
- Who among the following has been adjudged as the BBC IndiaSportswoman of the Year award for 2020?
[A] Dutee Chand
[B] Manu Bhaker
[C] Rani Rampal
[D] Koneru Humpy
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India, BCCI has announced the schedule for which edition of Indian Premier League 2021 to be held in India?
- Varun Kapur is associated with which of the following sports?
- Who among the following becomes 3rd batsman to hit 6 sixes in an over in international cricket?
[A] Kieron Pollard
[B] Babar Azam
[C] Chris Gayle
[D] Aron Finch
- Which of the following Nation recently passed miscarriages bereavement leave law?
[A] New Zealand
- Name the giant container ship that blocked traffic in the Suez Canal.
[B] Ever Given
- In March 2021, who was sworn in as Tanzania’s first female President after the sudden death of John Magufuli?
[A] Ummy Mwalimu
[B] Samia Suluhu Hassan
[C] Joyce Ndalichako
[D] Jenista Mhagama
- In March 2021, US Defence Secretary arrived in India. Who is the Defence Secretary of the US?
[A] Kamala Harris
[B] Lloyd J Austin
[C] Colin Powell
[D] Jeh Johnson
- According to a study released by the defense website ‘Military Direct’ which country has the strongest military force in the world?
[C] THE USA
- In which of the following country, the world’s largest floating solar farm has been built?
[C] South Korea
- At present, how many countries have signed and ratified the ISA Framework Agreement?
- Name the first Central American country to achieve malaria-free status.
[B] Costa Rica
[D] El Salvador
- Which of the following country are not included in the QUAD nations list?
[B] the United States
- Which of the following country has banned full facial coverings including the niqab and burqa in almost all public places?
[A] New Zealand
- Who will start presenting news for Boishakhi TV from International Women’s Day on March 8?
[A] Serajuddin Hossain
[B] Tashnuva Anan Shishir
[C] Leelah Alcorn
[D] Mahfuz Anam
- Which of the following country is building the world’s first platypus sanctuary?
[C] the United States
- In March 2021, who announced the complete disinvestment of Air India?
[A] Santosh Gangwar
[B] Piyush Goyal
[C] Hardeep Singh Puri
[D] Durga Shanker Mishra
- The Government has informed that the Life Insurance Corporation is not going to be privatized and only the initial public offering, IPO will be issued. In which year was LIC established?
- Which of the following country is the current president of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
- The Ratle Hydro-electric Power Corporation is a joint venture company formed by J&K administration with which company to implement the 850 MW Ratle Hydro-Electric Project (HEP)?
[C] Power Grid
[D] Tata Power
- According to Moody’s Analytics, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is projected to grow by how much percent in 2021?
- Which of the following city has been ranked as the most polluted capital city globally according to the ‘World Air Quality Report, 2020’?
- The India-Bangladesh Water Resources Secretary-level meeting under the framework of the Joint Rivers Commission- JRC took place in which of the following city, in March 2021?
[B] New Delhi
- What is the name of the sounding rocket which was launched by ISRO in March 2021 to study attitudinal variations in the neutral winds and plasma dynamics?
- Who among the following introduced the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill 2021?
[A] Bandi Sanjay Kumar
[B] Nityanand Rai
[C] K. T. Rama Rao
[D] G. Kishan Reddy
- Name the mobile app, which helps to facilitate the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system in the country.
[A] One Nation
[B] One Ration Card
[C] Mera Ration
[D] Ration Card
- Maitri Setu has been built over which river connects Sabroom in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh?
[B] the Brahmaputra
- Name the joint military exercise between India – Uzbekistan recently held in Chaubatia, Ranikhet in Uttarakhand.
[C] Mitra Shakti
[D] Vajra Prahar
- Which of the following small finance bank has launched “Garima Saving Accounts”, a women Saving Account to provide the financial needs of women?
[A] Ujjvan Small Finance Bank
[B] Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank
[C] Equitas Small Finance Bank
[D] AU Small Finance Bank
- Trivendra Singh Rawat has recently resigned as the Chief Minister of which of the following state?
- Which of the following has conducted a successful flight test of solid fuel-ducted ramjet (SFDR) missile propulsion system?
[A] Indian Navy
[B] Indian Air Force
- Which of the following country successfully test-fired anti-tank guided missile “Helena” and “Dhruvastra” recently?
- The entire rail network in the country will be fully electrified by which year?
- The ‘Maharaja Chhatrasal Convention Centre’ has recently been inaugurated in which of these UNESCO World Heritage locations?
- Which of the following state recently organized a ‘Banana Festival’ in the state?
[A] Himachal Pradesh
[C] Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Shaheed Ashfaq Ulla Khan Zoological Park in which city in March 2021?
- The Ken-Betwa Link project is a river interlinking project, which will be jointly undertaken by the government of which of the following state?
[A] Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
[B] Maharashtra and Gujarat
[C] Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
[D] Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh
- Which of the following state has been emerged as the Champion State for Van Dhan Vikas Yojana?
- 4th Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in which of the following city of India?
- The second edition of the joint military exercise ‘Dustlik’ was convened between India and Uzbekistan in which the state of India?
[C] Himachal Pradesh
- ‘Herath’ Festival is observed on the day of Mahashivratri in which of the following states/UTs?
[D] Jammu and Kashmir
- President Ram Nath Kovind has recently laid the foundation stone for the conservation works of Singorgarh Fort in which of the following state?.
[B] Madhya Pradesh
[C] Uttar Pradesh
- Which of the following state recently opened a First Forest Healing center in the country?
[A] Himachal Pradesh
[C] Arunachal Pradesh
- Udaipur Science Centre has been inaugurated in which of the following states/UT?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
- The seven-day International Yoga Festival was held in which of the following city of India?
- Where is Asia’s largest Advanced Institute for Integrated Research on Livestock and Animal Sciences (Cattle Park) was inaugurated recently?
[A] Mangalore, Karnataka
[B] Amravati, Andhra Pradesh
[C] Karnal, Haryana
[D] Salem, Tamilnadu
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “Name Place Animal Things”?
[A] JM Lyngdoh
[B] Helen Giri Syiem
[C] Janice Pariat
[D] Daribha Lyndem
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “My Experiments with Silence”?
[A] Bindu Dara Singh
[B] Manoj Tiwari
[C] Samir Soni
[D] Sushant Singh
- Who among the following has authored the “Bringing Governments and People Closer”?
[A] Vinod Rai
[B] Amalendu Guha
[C] Arundhati Roy
[D] Dr. M Ramachandran
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “Prince with a Paintbrush: The Story of Raja Ravi Varma”?
[A] Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan
[B] Shobhaa De
[C] Arundhati Rai
[D] Kiran Desai
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “Baanjh: Incomplete Lives of Complete Women”?
[A] Kanika Dhillon
[B] Juhi Chaturvedi
[C] Susmita Mukherjee
[D] Zoya Akhtar
- Earth Hour is an annual event which is marked on _____________.
[A] 27 March
[B] Last Saturday of March
[C] Last Friday of March
[D] 28 March
- Bangladesh celebrated its 50 years of Independence on ____________.
[A] 21 March
[B] 22 March
[C] 24 March
[D] 26 March
- Which day marks the birth anniversary of freedom fighter and socialist leader Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia?
[A] 26 February
[B] 23 March
[C] 17 April
[D] 18 May
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated every year on which of the following date?
[A] 21st March
[B] 22nd March
[C] 23rd March
[D] 24th March
- On which of the following day did the nation pay tributes to freedom fighters – Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev – on their martyrdom day?
[A] 23 March
[B] 22 March
[C] 21 March
[D] 20 March
- The National Vaccination Day/National Immunization Day is marked on which day of the year in India?
[A] March 14
[B] March 12
[C] March 16
[D] March 13
- When is CISF Raising Day observed every year?
[A] 8 March
[B] 9 March
[C] 10 March
[D] 11 March
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on the __________ every year
[A] 5th March
[B] 6th March
[C] 7th March
[D] 8th March
- National Security Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas) is celebrated every year on which date?
[A] 1st March
[B] 2nd March
[C] 3rd March
[D] 4th March
- World Wildlife Day observed every year on _____.
[A] 28 Feb
[B] 10 Feb
[C] 1 March
[D] 3 March
- When is National Science Day celebrated every year?
[A] 25 February
[B] 26 February
[C] 27 February
[D] 28 February
- Former Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor, KC Chakrabarty passed away recently. He is known for his contribution to which of the following one?
[A] Financial inclusion and literacy
[C] NABARD formation
[D] Liquidity Adjustment
- Hamed Bakayoko, who has passed away recently was the serving Prime Minister of which of the following country?
[C] Sierra Leone
[D] Ivory Coast
- Dadi Hriday Mohini passed away on 11 March 2021. She was the Chief Administrator of which of the following spiritual organizations?
[A] The Art of Living Foundation, Bangalore
[B] Isha Foundation, Coimbatore
[C] Brahma Kumaris, Mount Abu
- Mathai George Muthoot passed away recently. He was a/an ______________.
[A] Social Activist
- Sassou Nguesso won the presidential election in the Republic of Congo recently. What is the capital of the Republic of Congo?
- Name the Principal Advisor of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has resigned recently.
[A] P Praveen Siddharth
[B] Sanjiv Singh
[C] Vivek Kumar
[D] P K Sinha
- On 12 March 2021 inauguration of the ‘green crematoria’ at the Nigam Bodh Ghat, Delhi was taken place by the Union Health Minister. Who is the current Health Minister of India?
[A] Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari
[B] Harsh Vardhan
[C] Shri Raj Nath Singh
[D] Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Which of the following company became the first online gaming company to file IPO?
[B] Dhruva Interactive
[C] Dumadu Games
[D] Nazara Technologies Ltd
- On 12th March 2021 PM Modi had paid tribute to the great thinker on the eve of his Birth Anniversary, what was the name of that thinker?
[A] G.S Ghurye
[B] Radhakamal Mukherjee
[C] Ayya Vaikunda Swamikal
[D] [A]R Desai
- Anurag Thakur is the first BJP MP to be promoted as Captain in the Territorial Army. He is an MP from which of the following state?
[D] Himachal Pradesh
- Which of the following organizations celebrated its 36th Inception Day on 11 March 2021?
[A] Central Bureau of Investigation
[B] Central Industrial Security Force
[C] National Crime Records Bureau
[D] National Human Rights Commission
- Apple Inc. will manufacture Made-In-India iPhone 12 soon. iPhone 12 will be manufactured at the Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn) facility in which state?
[C] Tamil Nadu
Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021 Link Below
- Current Affairs PDF Download: July 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: May 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: January 2021
- Current Affairs India Yearbook 2021 Free PDF Download
- Current Affairs PDF Download: December 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: November 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: October 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: September 2020
Download Current Affairs Yearbook (January- December 2020): Click Here
February 2021 Complete Current Affairs PDF Download Link: Click Here