Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021
Here are the most important Monthly Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021
Here you can download 120+ Most Important Current Affairs in PDF format. Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021 in the English language is, completely free of cost.
Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021 will be beneficial for UPSC IAS, WBCS Prelims+ Mains 2020-21, Railway Recruitment Board Exams, IBPS PO Assistant, RRB NTPC, and other state PSC exams.
Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021 download link is available at the end of the post.
Centre releases full list of Smart Cities Awards 2020 winners
- The Central government has declared Smart City awards 2020 in which Indore (Madhya Pradesh) and Surat (Gujarat) won the award jointly for their overall development.
- Whereas Uttar Pradesh emerged on the top among all states, followed by Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- According to the ministry, Ahmedabad bagged the ‘Smart Cities Leadership Award’, followed by Varanasi and Ranchi in the second and third spots respectively.
First French novelist David Diop wins International Booker 2021
- David Diop has become the first French novelist to win the International Booker prize for translated fiction with At Night All Blood Is Black, his first novel translated into English.
- The International Booker Prize, formerly known as the Man Booker International Prize, has been awarded since 2005 when it was won by Albanian writer Ismail Kadare. It is a sister prize to the Booker Prize, awarded to a novel written in English.
RS Sodhi conferred with Asia Pacific Productivity Champion award
- The Managing Director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (Amul), R.S. Sodhi, was conferred with the regional award as Asia Pacific Productivity Champion from Asian Productivity Organization (APO), Tokyo, Japan in recognition of enhanced productivity and efficient milk supply chain.
- He is the first Indian to have received the prestigious award, in the last 20 years.
UK Asian Film Festival 2021: India’s Tillotama Shome wins Best Actor award
- Indian actress Tillotama Shome has made the country proud by winning the Best Actor award at the 2021 UK Asian Film Festival (UKAFF).
- Tillotama won the award for her role in the film Raahgir: The Wayfarers.
Zimbabwean novelist Tsitsi Dangarembga wins PEN Pinter prize 2021
- Tsitsi Dangarembga, the Booker-shortlisted Zimbabwean writer who was arrested last year in Harare while protesting against corruption, has been awarded the PEN Pinter prize, praised for her “ability to capture and communicate vital truths even amidst times of upheaval”.
BAFTA TV Awards 2021
- The winners of the BAFTA TV Awards 2021 were announced.
- Best Drama Series: Save Me Too
- Leading Actress: Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You
- Best Comedy Series: Inside No. 9
Rhea Chakraborty has bagged the number 1 spot in ‘Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2020’
- She was in the news for most of last year due to the sudden demise of Sushant Singh Rajput and the controversy around his death.
- Miss Universe 2020, 3rd runner-up Adline Castelino bagged the second spot in the list.
Thomas Vijayan Wins Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021
- Kerala-based Thomas Vijayan, who is now settled in Canada, has won the 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards for his photo of an Orangutan clinging to a tree. The photograph is titled ‘The World is Going Upside Down’.
Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind win International Business Book of the Year Award 2021
- The authors made history this week by winning the prestigious International Business Book of the Year Award for 2021 for their recently launched book “Transformation in Times of Crisis.”
Sumita Mitra honoured with prestigious European Inventor Award
- The award, one of Europe’s most prestigious innovation prizes, is presented annually by the European Patent Office (EPO)to recognise outstanding inventors from Europe and beyond.
Odia poet Rajendra Kishore Panda bags Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar
- The Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar, the national award instituted in memory of late poet laureate Kuvempu, has been awarded to renowned Odia poet Rajendra Kishore Panda for the year 2020.
- Panda writes in the Odia language.
Journalist P Sainath wins Japan’s Fukuoka Grand Prize
- Sainath was born in Chennai and has served as the editor of The Hindu and as the vice-editor of political magazine Blitz.
- The award, established by Japan’s Fukuoka city and the Fukuoka City International Foundation,is given to individuals and organisations for their work in preserving Asian culture.
RK Sabharwal gets the highest civilian award of Mongolia
- Engineers India Limited (EIL) Chairman & Managing Director (CMD), RK Sabharwal has been honoured with the highest civilian award of Mongolia ‘The Order of Polar Star by his excellency.
- This award is given in the field of fields of arts, culture, science and humanity.
Anup C. Pandey appointed as the new election commissioner of India
- The Union government has appointed Anup Chandra Pandey, a retired IAS officer of the 1984 batch, Uttar Pradesh cadre, as Election Commissioner.
- In the Election Commission, Pandey will have a little under three years in office and will retire in February 2024.
- Pandey has been appointed to the position left vacant by former Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora’s retirement.
- Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra and Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar are the other two members of the panel.
Justice A.K. Mishra will be the new chairperson of the NHRC
- Former Supreme Court judge Arun Kumar Mishra will be the new chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari to be new IAF Vice Chief
- Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhariwill be the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force succeeding Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora.
- Air Chief Marshal: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
- Indian Airforce founded: 8 October 1932; Headquarters: New Delhi.
Amitabh Kant gets 1-yr extension as Niti Aayog CEO
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC)has extended the tenure of NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Amitabh Kant, by one year till June 30, 2022.
- NITI Aayog Formed: 1 January 2015; Headquarters: New Delhi; Chairperson: Narendra Modi.
Antonio Guterres second five-year term as chief of the world organisation
- The UN Security Council has recommended Secretary-General Antonio Guterres for a second five-year term as chief of the world organisation beginning January 1, 2022.
Chandra Sekhar Ghosh MD & CEO of Bandhan Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has granted approval for the re-appointment of Chandra Shekhar Ghosh as MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank, for a period of three years.
The government of India appointed Aashish Chandorkar as director at India’s WTO mission
- The government of India has appointed a private person Aashish Chandorkar as Counsellor in India’s Permanent Mission in the World Trade Organisation for three years. For the first time, a private person has been appointed at the Mission.
Satya Nadella as the new chairman of Microsoft
- Microsoft Corp, named Chief Executive Officer, Satya Nadella as its new chairman. He took over as the software giant’s CEO in 2014, succeeding Steve Ballmer.
- Microsoft was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates
Mukesh Sharma appointed honorary member of WHO’s Technical Advisory Group
- Mukesh Sharma, a faculty at IIT Kanpur, has been appointed as an honorary member of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Global Air Pollution and Health – Technical Advisory Group (GAPH-TAG).
India’s Nagraj Adiga elected to International Association of Ultrarunners Council
- India’s Nagraj Adiga has been elected as the Asia-Oceania Representative at the 2021 International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU) Congress at which the IAU council elections were held.
Rebeca Grynspan appointed as Secretary-General of UNCTAD
- The U.N. General Assembly has approved the appointment of Costa Rican economist Rebecca Grynspan, as the Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). She is the first woman and Central American to head UNCTAD.
- She was nominated as Secretary-General by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- UNCTAD Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
Ferrari appointed Benedetto Vigna as new company CEO
- Ferrari has named Benedetto Vigna as its new company CEO, taking over from interim chief John Elkann.
Facebook named Spoorthi Priya as grievance officer for India
- Facebook has named Spoorthi Priya as its grievance officer for India
- This move comes close on the heels of the new Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021, coming into force.
- According to the new government guidelines, social media companies with over 50 lakh users have to appoint a grievance officer, nodal officer and a chief compliance officer.
K. Jain gets two-year extension as RBI Deputy Governor
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of Mahesh Kumar Jain as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for two more years with effect from June 22, 2021.
- Currently, Michael Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao and Rabi Sankar are the other three serving RBI Deputy Governors.
Abdullah Shahid was elected President of the 76th United Nations General Assembly
- Maldivian foreign minister, Abdullah Shahid was elected President of the 76th United Nations General Assembly (PGA).
IBF appointed Justice (retired) Vikramjit Sen as the chairman
- The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) announced the appointment of former Supreme Court judge Justice Vikramjit Sen as the Chairman of its newly formed self-regulatory body Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC).
Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar assumes Charge as Director General Naval Operations
- Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar, AVSM, VSM has assumed charge as Director General Naval Operations. He has commanded the missile corvette INS Kora, the missile frigate INS Shivalik and the aircraft carrier INS Viraat.
R Disale Appointed World Bank Education Advisor
- Ranjitsinh Disale has been appointed as the World Bank Education advisor, starting from June 2021 to June 2024.
- He is the first Indian to have been awarded the Global Teacher Award in 2020, will now be working on the Coach Project, launched by the World Bank in March 2021.
Amul’s RS Sodhi elected to board of International Dairy Federation
- The International Dairy Federation (IDF) has unanimously elected R S Sodhi, managing director, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd or GCMMF that sells Amul branded products in India, to its board during the general assembly.
Vice-Admiral Ravneet Singh assumed charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice-Admiral Ravneet Singh, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), and Nausena Medal (NM) holder assumed charge as the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff.
Tata Steel’s T.V. Narendran takes over as CII president
- Tata Steel Ltd chief executive officer and managing director, T.V. Narendran has taken over as president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2021-22.
Montek Ahluwalia named member of World Bank-IMF High Advisory Group
- Former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia was named a member of a high-level Advisory Group formed by the World Bank and IMF.
India’s oldest running newspaper, Mumbai Samachar, turns 200
- On July 1, India’s oldest running newspaper, Mumbai Samachar,has entered its 200th
- The Gujarati newspaper, with its office located in an iconic red building at Horniman Circle in Mumbai’s Fort area, was first published in
- Mumbai Samachar founded by a Parsi scholar Fardoonji Murazban.
Narendra Modi virtually addressed the 5th edition of VivaTech
- VivaTech is one of the largest digital and startup events of Europe, held in Paris every year since 2016.
- PM Modi was invited as a Guest of Honour to deliver the keynote address at VivaTech 2021
IIT Bombay Hosts Conference of BRICS Network Universities 2021
- The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) is hosting a three day virtual “Conference of BRICS Network Universities”.
- This conference is being held as a part of India’s Chairmanship of the 13th BRICS Summit in 2021.
Weyan village in Bandipora, India’s first to inoculate all adults
- Weyan, a village in district Bandipora (J&K) has become the first village in the country, where the entire population above 18 years has been vaccinated.
IIT Roorkee prof bags NSG award for ‘blast-resistant helmet
- Shailesh Govind Ganpule, an assistant professor at the mechanical and industrial engineering department (MIED), was conferred the award with the ‘NSG Counter-IED and Counter-Terrorism Innovator Award 2021′ for developing a “blast-resistant” helmet.
India ties with Russia as 4th largest forex reserves holder
- As per the Reserve Bank of India’s data, the foreign exchange reserve of India has crossed $600 billion marks for the first time.
- This is the lifetime high of India’s foreign asset. With this, India has tied with Russia as the fourth largest reserve holder in the world.
AISHE 2019-20 report released by Union Education Minister
- All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2019-20 report has been released by Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- As per AISHE in the last five years (2015-16 to 2019-20), student enrolment has grown by 11.4%.
- As per AISHE, female enrolment in Higher Education has increased by 18.2% from 2015-16 to 2019-20.
- AISHE 2019-20 is the 10th in the series of All India Survey on Higher Education. Department of Higher Education releases it annually.
- Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER): It is denied as the percentage of students belonging to the eligible age group enrolled in Higher Education. It is 1% in 2019-20.
- Gender Parity Index (GPI) in Higher Education: It stands at 01 in 2019-20. It shows improvement in the relative access to higher education for females of eligible age group compared to males.
Ministry of Ayush Launches ‘Namaste Yoga’ App
- The Namaste Yoga” app has been designed as an information platform for the public, with the aim to raise awareness about yoga and make it accessible for the larger community.
- Ayush Ministry additional charge: Kiren Rijiju
Indo-Thai CORPAT Begins in the Andaman Sea
- The 31st edition of the India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) kicked off in the Andaman Sea.
- The three-day coordinated patrol between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted. From the Indian side, an indigenously built Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel, Indian Naval Ship INS Saryu, is participating.
India elected as a member of UN ECOSOC for 2022-24
- India has been elected as a member of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), one of the six main organs of the United Nations, for three-year terms of 2022-24.
- ECOSOC serves as the central platform for discussing international economic, social and environmental issues and formulating policy recommendations addressed to member states and the United Nations system.
Wipro touched Rs 3 trillion in market capitalisation for the first time
- Wipro has touched Rs 3 trillion in market capitalisation for the first time, becoming the third Indian IT firm to achieve the milestone after Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys.
- Reliance Industries is India’s most valued company with a market capitalisation of ₹14.05 trillion, followed by Tata Consultancy Services Ltd and HDFC Bank with an m-cap of ₹11.58 trillion and ₹8.33 trillion, respectively.
The third edition of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21 released
- The third edition of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21 was released by NITI Aayog.
- Since its inaugural launch in 2018, the index has been comprehensively documenting and ranking the progress made by States and Union Territories towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Now in its third year, the index has become the primary tool for monitoring progress on the SDGs in the country and has simultaneously fostered competition among the States and Union Territories.
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson Dr Rajiv Kumar launched the report titled, SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21: Partnerships in the Decade of Action, in the presence of Dr Vinod Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, and Ms. Sanyukta Samaddar, Adviser (SDGs), NITI Aayog.
WHO named C-19 variants first found in India as ‘Kappa’ and ‘Delta’
- The UN health agency, World Health Organisation (WHO), has given easy-to-say labels to two variants of the C-19, first found in India.
- The two variants are 1.617.1 and B.1.617.2. The B.1.617.1 variant of the C-19 has been named as ‘Kappa’ while the B1.617.2 variant is named as ‘Delta.’
The government launched YUVA PM Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors
- YUVA stands for Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors. It is an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors, below 30 years of age to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
PM Modi announced Rs 10 Lakh PM CARES Fund for kids orphaned due to C-19
- The government has announced the “PM-CARES for Children” scheme under which fixed deposits will be opened in the names of such children from the PM-CARES fund.
- The total corpus of the fund will be Rs 10 lakh for each child. This corpus will be used to give a monthly financial support/ stipend when the child reaches 18 years of age, for the next five years to take care of his or her personal requirements.
- Upon reaching the age of 23 years, the child will get the corpus amount as one lump sum for personal and professional use.
India was the fifth largest recipient of FDI in 2020: UN Report
- As per the World Investment Report 2021by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), India was the fifth-largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows in the world in 2020.
- TheUnited States remained the largest recipient of FDI, although, the FDI inflow to the country in 2020. China was the second-largest recipient.
PM Narendra Modi launches mYoga App
- On the occasion of the seventh International Yoga Day on June 21, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled the mYoga mobile app.
- The app has been developed in collaboration between theWorld Health Organisation (WHO) and Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (Ministry of AYUSH), Government of India.
- Through this initiative, PM Modi government aims to achieve the ‘One World, One Health’ motto.”
India-Bhutan: Tax Inspectors Without Borders Initiative
- Tax Inspectors without Borders (TIWB) initiative was launched in 2015.
- It is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Raimona reserve forest sixth national park of Assam
- Raimona in Kokrajhar district has become Assam’s sixth national park.
- The five national parks that existed prior to the 422 sq. km Raimona are Kaziranga, Manas, Nameri, Orang and Dibru-Saikhowa
- Raimona is an integral part of the 2,837 sq. km Manas Biosphere Reserve and the Chirang-Ripu Elephant Reserve.
Bihar to provide 33% reservation for Girls: Nitish Kumar
- CM Nitish Kumar ordered the officials to implement the 33% reservation of seats for girls in the engineering and medical colleges.
- The reservation will be for the girls who are domicile of Bihar. The state government is already providing 35% reservation for females in all state government jobs.
Raja Parba- Odisha’s Famous Festival celebrated
- Raja Parba festival celebrated in Odisha. It is a 3-days unique festival in which the onset of monsoon and the earth’s womanhood is celebrated by the state.
Jammu Kashmir to set up mythological theme park
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration is planning to set up a theme park to showcase Indian mythology, particularly the Ramayana and Mahabharata, near the famous Vaishno Devi shrine in Reasi district and has sought investors for the project.
First International Maritime Cluster of India to come up at GIFT City
- Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) will set up the country’s first international maritime services cluster at GIFT City.
- The maritime cluster will be developed as a dedicated ecosystem comprising ports, shipping, logistics services providers and government regulators, all present in the same geographic vicinity — GIFT City.
- GIFT City is India’s first operational smart city and international financial services.
Gujarat’s Vishwamitri river project gets NGT nod
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) recently directed the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC), Gujarat and other authorities to implement the Vishwamitri River Action Plan.
Punjab launches ‘Udaan’ scheme to distribute sanitary pads to women every month
- Punjab Social Minister Aruna Chaudhary on Friday launched the women-empowerment oriented “Udaan Scheme” throughout the state on the occasion of International Menstrual Hygiene Day.
- Under the scheme, sanitary pads will be distributed free of cost to women and girls in need every month within Punjab.
2021 NATO Summit Held in Brussels, Belgium
- The leaders of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) held a face-to-face summit on NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
- The 2021 Brussels summit of NATO was the 31st formal meeting of the heads of state and heads of government of the alliance.
Naftali Bennett is Israel’s new Prime Minister
- Naftali Bennett, the former Defence Minister of Israel, and leader of the Yamina party took oath as the Prime Minister of the country.
- The 49-year-old former tech entrepreneur replaces Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been forced out of office after 12 years (2009 to 2021). (Netanyahu is the longest-serving PM of Israel).
Isaac Herzog: The New President of Israel
- 60-year-old Herzog will be the 11th President of Israel.
- He will succeed Reuven Rivlin, who is set to complete his tenure after seven years in office.
Israel will become the World’s First Mask-Free Country from June 15
- Israel will become the world’s first mask-free country in the Corona period. However, most restrictions related to foreign travel have not yet been lifted
Google to build the longest undersea cable (The Firmina cable)
- Google said it is building an open subsea cable that will connect the East Coast of the US and Las Toninas, Argentina with additional landings in Brazil and Uruguay.
- With the new cable, the tech giant aims to bolster internet connectivity to users in South America and enhance its existing cable investments in the region.
ESA will launch the world’s first wooden satellite from New Zealand
- The European Space Agency (ESA) has planned to launch the world’s first wooden satellite. It is going to be launched from New Zealand. It will be launched from a Rocket Lab Electron rocket by the end of 2021. The satellite is the brainchild of Jari Makinen.
NATO leaders declared China a global security challenge
- NATO leaders declared that China poses a constant security challenge and is working to undermine global order.
- This is a message in sync with US President Joe Biden’s efforts to get allies to speak out with a more unified voice against China’s trade, military and human rights practices.
El Salvador becomes first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender
- El Salvador has become the first country in the world to grant legal tender status to bitcoin.
Interpol launched “I-Familia” to identify missing persons
- Interpol has launched a new global database named “I-Familia” to identify missing persons through family DNA and help the police solve cold cases in member countries.
UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration officially launched
- The United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration has been officially launched, which will run from 2021 to 2030.
- United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration will be co-led by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO)
World’s Third-Largest Diamond Unearthed in Botswana
- A 1,098-carat diamond has been discovered in Botswana, by Debswana Diamond Company, a joint venture between the government of Botswana and the South African diamond company De Beers.
- The newly discovered diamond is believed to be the third-largest gem-quality stone ever to be mined in the world.
India’s official Olympic theme song ‘Lakshya Tera Samne Hai’ released
- Ahead of the Tokyo Games, the official Olympic theme song for the Indian contingent was launched.
- Mohit Chauhan has composed and sung the song titled “Lakshya Tera Samne Hai”.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 to be held in UAE and Oman
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, originally slated to be held in India, will now be shifted to the UAE and Oman.
Indian-origin American Abhimanyu Mishra becomes youngest-ever chess Grandmaster
- At 12 years, four months and 25 days, he obliterated the long-standing record held by Sergey Karjakin, who was 12 years and seven months old when he attained the title.
Indian shooter Rahi Sarnobat wins Gold at ISSF World Cup shooting
- India’s Rahi Sarnobatclinched the gold medal in the women’s 25m pistol event at the ISSF shooting World Cup.
- She is the first Indian to win one silver and two bronze medals in the ongoing tournament.
Sunil Chhetri surpasses Argentina’s Lionel Messi and becomes the second-highest active international goal-scorer
- Sunil Chhetri surpasses Argentina’s Lionel Messi and he has become the second-highest active international goal-scorer with 74 strikes.
- He made this record in a joint preliminary qualifying round match for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup.
- He is currently behind Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo (103) in the active international goal-scorer list.
- Iran legend Ali Daei holds the record for the most international goals. He has netted 109 goals for his country in 149 appearances.
Oman will host Hockey World Cup in 2024
- Oman has been named as the host of the inaugural International Hockey Federation (FIH) Hockey’s World Cup.
- The men’s and women’s events will take place in Oman’s capital city Muscat in January 2024.
Novak Djokovic wins French Open Tennis Title 2021
- Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas to lift the French Open title for the second time in his career.
- Djokovic, with his 19th Grand Slam title, has closed in on Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal on the all-time Grand Slam titles list. Both the players have won 20 Grand Slams each.
Deepika Kumari wins Gold Medal at Archery World Cup Stage 3
- The ace Indian archer Deepika Kumari, created a new world record as she claimed three back-to-back gold medals in a single day, during the Archery World Cup Stage 3, held in Paris.
Shafali Verma becomes youngest Indian to make debut in all formats
- OpenerShafali Verma has become the youngest Indian cricketer to make a debut in all formats when India took on England in the first ODI in Bristol.
- She took 17 years and 150 days to make her debut in all formats.
- The list is topped by Afghanistan’s Mujeeb Ur Rahman at 17 years and 78 days is the youngest player to play all formats
Para shooter Rubina Francis wins gold at Peru event; creates world record
- Madhya Pradesh shooter Rubina Francis has set a world record and won herself the gold in the 10-metre air pistol Para-women event at the World shooting Para Sport Cup in Peru.
- Rubina, 21, scored 238.1 points and beat the world record of Aysegul Pehlivanlar of Turkey, also securing the Paralympic quota for India at the Tokyo games this year.
Wrestler Vinesh Phogat clinched a gold medal in Poland open
- Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat won the gold medal in the 53 kg category at the Poland Open. It is her third title of the season.
- Earlier, She had won gold at the Matteo Pellicone event (March) and Asian Championship (April).
Portugal legend Ronaldo breaks Euros goal record and becomes the first player to feature at five finals tournaments
- Cristiano Ronaldo now stands alone as the all-time record goalscorer at European Championships, after also becoming the first player to feature at five finals
- The Juventus forward has represented his country at every Euros since Portugal hosted the tournament in 2004, and he remains the talisman of the reigning champions 17 years later.
Vinoo Mankad and 9 others inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame
- The ICC has inducted 10 icons of the game, including India’s Vinoo Mankad, into its illustrious Hall of Fame with two players each from five eras.
- Gukesh wins Gelfand Challenge chess title
- Gukesh sensationally won the $15,000 Gelfand Challenge chess title and with it, a ‘wild card’ for the elite Meltwaters Champions Chess Tour.
Patiala to host Indian Grand Prix 4
- The Athletics Federation of India (AFI), announced that the Indian Grand Prix 4 will be held on June 21 at the National Institute of Sports in Patiala.
Indian Cricketer Sehwag launched cricket coaching website ‘Cricuru’
- CRICURU is India’s first AI-enabled coaching website, to offer a personalised learning experience for the younger players.
Sergio Perez of Red Bull wins Formula 1’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- Red Bull’s Sergio Perez won a chaotic Azerbaijan Grand Prix with both Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton failing to finish. This was the first win for Perez since joining Red Bull
Djokovic Wins Belgrade open
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic captured the 83rd title of his career with victory on home soil at the Belgrade Open.
ICC Expands Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup to 10 teams to 14 teams
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced that the Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2027 and 2031, will once again be a 14-team, 54-match tournament.
- Earlier in the 2019 World Cup, only 10 teams contested, compared to 14 teams in the 2015 World Cup.
Chelsea wins 2020-21 UEFA Champions League
- Chelsea defeated Manchester City 1–0 in the final, to lift the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League title, on May 29, 2021, played at the Estádio do Dragão in Porto, Portugal.
- This is the second Champions League title for Chelsea, after winning the first won in 2012.
Asian Boxing Championships 2021: Mary Kom Settles with Silver Medal
- Indian pugilist Mary Kom, lost to two-time world champion Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan, to settle for a silver medal at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai.
- The five-time Asian Championships gold medallist Mary Kom was competing in a high-octane 51kg final. This is the second silver for Mary Kom at the Asian Championships who has previously won silver in 2008.
- Apart from this, she won world championship titles on five occasions including 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, and 2017.
- Meanwhile, Pooja Rani won the gold medal in the 75kg Women’s Middle category final at the Asian Boxing Championships.
Max Verstappen wins 2021 French Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen(Netherlands-Red Bull) has won the 2021 French Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton(Britain-Mercedes) stood second and Sergio Perez (Mexico- Red Bull) stood third.
Ireland’s Kevin O’Brien Announces Retirement from ODIs
- He is best known for a blistering World Cuphundred that saw Ireland beat England by three wickets in Bangalore during the 2011 edition.
- His 50-ball hundred remains the quickest in World Cup history.
QS World University Rankings 2022 released
- The London-based Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) has released the QS World University Rankings 2022 which compares and ranks Universities from across the globe on various parameters.
- Eight Indian universities have found a place among the best 400 global universities.
- IIT-Bombay is ranked as the best University in India with a rank of 177. It is followed by IIT-Delhi (185) and IISc (I86).
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, has also been adjudged as “world’s top research university.
SIPRI has released the SIPRI Yearbook 2021
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has released the SIPRI Yearbook 2021. The report assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security.
- According to the yearbook, India possessed an estimated 156 nuclear warheads at the start of 2021 compared to 150 at the start of last year, while Pakistan had 165 warheads, up from 160.
- The nine nuclear-armed states – the U.S., Russia, the U.K., France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea
Turkey first & India ranked Second in share of central bank surplus transfers
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was second in terms of reserves transferred to the government as a percentage of gross domestic products (GDP) for the fiscal year 2020-21.
- Turkey has been ranked first.
15th edition of Global Peace Index 2021 released: India ranked 135th
- The 15th edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI) announced by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) Sydney, the GPI is the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness.
- Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world, a position it has held since 2008.
- India has moved up two notches from its previous year’s ranking to become the 135th most peaceful country in the world and the 5th in the region.
India ranked 14th in World Giving Index 2021
- India has been ranked at 14th spot among 114 countries in the World Giving Index 2021, by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).
- The World Giving Index ranking has been topped by Indonesia, followed by Kenya, Nigeria, Myanmar and Australia in the top five respectively.
India ranks 67th in Coursera’s Global Skills Report 2021
- As per the ‘Global Skills Report 2021’ released by Coursera, India has been ranked 67th overall
DBS tops World’s Best Banks 2021
- DBS Bank has been named by Forbes in their list of World’s Best Banks 2021.
- DBS was ranked #1 out of 30 domestic and international banks in India for the second consecutive year.
- DBS was named ‘Safest Bank in Asia’ for the 12th consecutive year by New York-based trade publication Global Finance in 2020.
Anemia Mukt Bharat Index: Himachal in third spot
- Himachal Pradesh has climbed to the third spot from 18th spot last year in the Anemia Mukt Bharat Index 2020-21 national ranking with a score of 57.1.
- Madhya Pradesh is in the first position with a score of 64.1 followed by Odisha with a score of 59.3.
Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021 released
- Three Indian universities secured positions in the top 100 list. IISc Bangalore, IIT Ropar and IIT Indore have secured ranks among the top 100 universities in Asia.
- IISc Bangalore ranked at 37th position. IIT Ropar is placed at 55th rank and IIT Indore at 78th rank among the top 100 universities.
- Tsinghua University, China has gained the first position in the Asia university rankings 2021.
Sustainable Development Goals report
- India’s rank has slipped by two places from last year to 117 on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The State of India’s Environment Report 2021 revealed that India’s rank was 115 last year (2020)
Centre for World University Rankings 2021-22 announced
- Harvard University has topped the ranking globally followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of Cambridge, and Oxford University respectively.
- 68 Indian institutes have made it to the list of the top 2000 higher education institutes across the world.
- The Indian pack is led by the IIM-Ahmedabad which has bagged 415th rank followed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) at 459th rank.
India ranked 51st in terms of Money Deposited in Swiss Banks
- According to ‘Annual Bank Statistics of 2020’released by Swiss National Bank (SNB), the Central Bank of Switzerland. India with Swiss Francs (CHF) 2.55 billion (INR 20,706 Crore) has been placed at 51st place in the list of foreign clients’ money in Swiss Banks during 2020.
- The United Kingdom (UK)topped the list with CHF 377 billion, followed by the US (152 billion).
India’s Rank 120th in Sustainable Development Report 2021
- According to the 6th Edition of ‘Sustainable Development Report 2021 (SDR 2021)’ released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), India with a score of 60.1 has been placed at 120th rank out of 165 countries.
- Finland topped the Index followed by Sweden & Denmark.
- SDR is an annual report which ranks the 193 UN member countries based on their performance against the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network Headquarters: Paris, France & New York, USA
Ease of Living Index: Bengaluru ‘most liveable’ city
- Bengaluru has been named as the most liveable city of India, in the Ease of Living Index 2020, released by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE).
- Bengaluru is followed by Chennai, Shimla, Bhubaneshwar, and Mumbai, as the top five best cities respectively.
India ranked 20th in Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021
- India stands at the 20th spot among the top 100 countries that have been ranked in the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021 by Startup Blink.
- Like last year, the US, the UK, Israel, Canada and Germany are in the top five spots this year too and continue their lead.
India ranked at 10th position in ITU’s Global Cybersecurity Index 2020
- India has been ranked as the 10th best country in the world in the Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2020, released by International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- TheUnited States has topped the GCI 2020.
NTPC wins recognition of India’s best employers among Nation-Builders 2021
- For the first time, NTPCwon recognition as India’s Best Employers among Nation-Builders 2021.
- It has been recognized as the ‘Great Place to Work’ for the 15th straight year by the Great Places to Work Institute. It has been ranked at 38th
‘Home in the World’ Book: by Amartya Sen’s memoir
- One of the world’s leading public intellectuals of our time, Nobel laureate Amartya Sen has penned his memoir ‘Home in the World’.
- In this book, Sen shares how it was Rabindranath Tagore who gave him his name
Book ‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ by Vinod Kapri
- A new book titled ‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ by filmmaker Vinod Kapri chronicles the journey of seven migrant workers from Bihar, who journeyed back home on their bicycles and reached their destination after seven days.
Salman Rushdie’s New book “Languages of Truth: Essays 2003-2020”
- A book titled “Languages of Truth: Essays 2003-2020” authored by Salman Rushdie. In his new book, Rushdie attempts to perform a defensive castling move.
Indian cricket coach Ravi Shastri’s Debut Book ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’
- Cricket all-rounder, commentator and coach, Ravi Shastri is now making his publishing debut, as he has penned a book titled ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’.
Amitav Ghosh’s new book ‘The Nutmeg’s Curse’
- Jnanpith Awardee and renowned author Amitav Ghosh’sauthored a book titled, ‘The Nutmeg’s Curse: Parables for a Planet in Crisis’.
World No-Tobacco Day 2021: 31 May
- Every year, on 31st May, the World Health Organization (WHO) and global partners celebrate World No Tobacco Day (WNTD).
- This year theme of the 2021 WNTD is “Commit to quit.”
World Environment Day 2021: 5th June
- World Environment Day is observed globally on 5th June every year. This day is observed to raise awareness about protecting the environment and to remind people not to take nature for granted.
- The theme of this year’s World Environment Day is ‘Reimagine. Recreate. Restore.’ as this year marks the beginning of the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
- Pakistan is the global host for the day to highlight the importance of ecosystem restoration this year.
World Day against Child Labour 2021: 12 June
- World Day against Child Labour is observed globally on 12th June every year.
- The theme of this year’s World Day against Child Labour is Act now: End child labour!
International Day of Yoga 2021: 21 June
- The word ‘yoga’ derives from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness.
- Recognizing this important role of Yoga, this year’s commemoration of the International Day of Yoga focuses on “Yoga for well-being.”
- India proposed the draft resolution to establish the International Day of Yoga and the proposal was endorsed by a record 175 member states. Recognizing its universal appeal, on 11 December 2014, the United Nations proclaimed 21 June as the International Day of Yoga by resolution.
Legendary the Flying Sikh/Milkha Singh passed away
- Legendary Indian sprinter, Milkha Singh has passed away due to C-19 virus disease (C-19), at the age of 91.
- He was the first Indian to win a Commonwealth gold by emerging triumphant in the 1958 Games.
- “The Race of My Life” is the autobiography of Milkha Singh
Former Indian volleyball captain Nirmal Milkha Singh passes away
- The former Indian women volleyball team captain Nirmal Milkha Kaur, who is the wife of sprint legend Late Milkha Singh (Flying Sikh), has passed away due to COVID-19 complications.
- Nirmal Milkha Singh was also a former Director of Sports for Women in the Punjab Government.
Padma Shri Awardee Eminent Environmentalist Radhamohan Passes Away
- Padma Shri winning noted Economist and Environmentalist, Prof Radhamohan Ji has passed away.
- . He along with his daughter Sabarmatee was conferred with the prestigious Padma Shri Award in 2020 for their contribution to the agriculture sector.
National award-winning Bengali Filmmaker Buddhadeb Dasgupta passed away
- The National award-winning eminent Bengali film Director Buddhadeb Dasgupta has passed away.
- He had won several National Awards for his contribution to Bengali cinema. Some of his national award-winning films include: Bagh Bahadur (1989), Charachar (1994), Lal Darja (1997), Mondo Meyer Upakhyan (2002) and Kaalpurush (2005) – National Awards for Best Film.
Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Who has emerged as the biggest philanthropist in the world over the last 100 years, as per a report prepared by Hurun Research and EdelGive Foundation?
[A] Azim Premji
[B] Jamsetji Tata
[C] Bill and Melinda Gates
[D] Warren Buffett
- Name the Indo-American chemist who has been honoured with the prestigious European Inventor Award 2021.
[A] Tahera Qutbuddin
[B] Suresh Mukund
[C] Nuklu Phom
[D] Sumita Mitra
- Who has been awarded the Central European University’s (CEU) highest award – ‘Open Society Prize 2021’?
[A] K K Shailaja
[B] Smriti Irani
[C] Maneka Gandhi
[D] Sumta Mitra
- In June 2021, the United Nations Global Compact has recognized whom as one of ten 2021 SDG Pioneers?
[A] Nikesh Arora
[B] Sumant Sinha
[C] Miraj Barot
[D] Robin Raina
- Which film has bagged the best film National Award on environment conservation at 67th National Films Awards 2021?
[A] Water Burial
[B] Wild Karanataka
[C] Shut Up Sona
- Who has been awarded the PEN Pinter prize 2021?
[A] George Orwell
[B] Ernest Hemingway
[C] Tsitsi Dangarembga
[D] J. R. R. Tolkien
- Who was conferred with the regional award as Asia Pacific Productivity Champion from Asian Productivity Organization?
[A] Pinky Tiwari
[B] Saurabh Joshi
[C] Rashmi Desai
[D] R.S. Sodhi
- Who has bagged the number 1 spot on Times Most Desirable Women 2020 list?
[A] Adline Castelino
[B] Disha Patani
[C] Kiara Advani
[D] Rhea Chakraborty
- Who has won the 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards for his photo of an Orangutan clinging to a tree?
[A] Daboo Ratnani
[B] Raghu Rai
[C] Rathika Ramasamy
[D] Thomas Vijayan
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
- Name the flying officer, who has become the first woman from Jammu and Kashmir to be inducted as a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF).
[A] Mawya Sudan
[B] Avani Chaturvedi
[C] Bhawana Kanth
[D] Mohana Jitarwal
- Who has been appointed as the Election Commissioner?
[A] Anup Chandra Pandey
[B] Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha
[C] HL Dattu
[D] Hitendra Dave
- Who has been elected as the President of Vienna based International Narcotics Control Board (INCB)?
[A] Jagjit Pavadia
[B] Vinay K Nandicoori
[C] Neera Tondon
[D] Manisha Kapoor
- Whose term has been extended by one year by the central government as the CEO of the NITI Aayog, the policy think tank of the government of India?
[A] VK Saraswat
[B] Rajiv Kumar
[C] Amitabh Kant
[D] Rajiv Mahrishi
- Who has recently appointed the head of the National Human Rights Commission?
[A] B Kemal Pasha
[B] C S Karnan
[C] Arun Mishra
[D] B N Srikrishna
- Who has announced the appointment of Jeremy Kessel as the new Grievance Officer for India?
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)?
[A] Meenesh Shah
[B] Varsha Joshi
[C] Suresh N Patel
[D] Partima Murthy
- Which of the following state recently named Raghuram Rajan as part of a five-member Economic Advisory Council for the state?
[C] Tamil Nadu
- Who was named a member of a high-level Advisory Group formed by the World Bank and IMF?
[A] Montek Singh Ahluwalia
[B] Gita Gopinath
[C] TN Chaturvedi
[D] Ashok Khemka
- Who has been appointed as Union Home Secretary?
[A] Rajiv Mehrishi
[B] Durga Shanker Mishra
[C] T. Venkatapathi Reddiar
[D] Rajiv Gauba
- Antonio Manuel de Oliveira Guterres (72) aka Antonio Guterres, was re-elected as the Secretary General of United Nations (UN) for a 2nd 5-year term, he held from which country?
- Who has been appointed as the counsellor in India’s Permanent Mission in the World Trade Organisation for three years?
[A] Aashish Chandorkar
[B] Ravi Dixit
[C] Ram Sharma
[D] Divya Kumari
- In June 2021, Microsoft Corp named whom as its new Chairman, in place of John Thompson?
[A] Piyush Danve
[B] Paul Allen
[C] Satya Nadella
[D] Pradeep Jain
- International lawyer Karim Khan belongs to which country who has sworn in as the new chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Court?
- Who has been elected to the International Association of Ultrarunners Council as an Asian representative?
[A] Nagraj Adiga
[B] Aswin Saha
[C] Rahmel Dass
[D] Kumar Rao
- Who has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Israel?
[A] Benjamin Netanyahu
[B] Ehud Olmert
[C] Naftali Bennett
[D] Ariel Sharon
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Grievance Redressal Board of the recently formed Digital Publisher Content Grievances Council (DPCGC)?
[A] Justice DY Chandrachud
[B] Justice Arun Kumar Mishra
[C] Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri
[D] Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar
- Who has assumed charge as the Director-General Naval Operations?
[A] Ravneet Singh
[B] Rajesh Pendharkar
[C] Pradeep Chandran Nair
[D] Thomas Vijayan
- Who has been appointed as the MD & CEO of Bandhan Bank?
[A] GC Chaturvedi
[B] Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
[C] Anup Chandra Pandey
[D] Visswavir Ahuja
- Vishwavir Ahuja has been reappointed as the MD and CEO of which bank for further period of one year?
[A] Axis Bank
[B] Induslnd Bank
[C] RBL Bank
[D] Federal Bank
- Who has been appointed as the World Bank Education Advisor for the period June 2021 to June 2024?
[A] Shuvajit Payne
[B] Vineeta Garg
[C] Rajiv Mishra
[D] Rajnitsingh Disale
- Name the Indian Economist at IMF who decided to join the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation after retiring in July 2021?
[A] Kalpana Kochhar
[B] Raghuram Rajan
[C] Gita Gopinath
[D] Raj Chetty
- Who has recently been appointed as the chairman of the newly formed self-regulatory body Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC)?
[A] Justice Vikramjit Sen
[B] Justice [B] Kemal Pasha
[C] Justice [C] S. Karnan
[D] Justice Arun Mishra
- Dr Patrick Amoth has been appointed as the Chairman of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Executive Board belongs to which country?
[D] South Africa
- Name the Indian personality who has been elected to the Board of International Dairy Federation (IDF)?
[A] Valamjibhai R Humbal
[B] R S Sodhi
[C] Dilip Rath
[D] Abhimanyu Sharma
- Who has been elected as the president industry body of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2021-22?
[A] T V Narendran
[B] Uday Kotak
[C] Sunil Bharti Mitta
[D] Salil Parekh
- Who has been reappointed as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of two years with effect from 22.06.2021?
[A] MR Kumar
[B] MK Jain
[C] Anup Chandra Pandey
[D] Visswavir Ahuja
- Rosatom is a company of which country has started the construction work for unit 5 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP)?
- In June 2021, who inaugurated Asia’s longest high-speed test track located in Pithampur, Indore?
[A] Nirmala Sitharaman
[B] Prakash Javedekar
[C] Piyush Goyal
[D] Smriti Irani
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy participated in a 2-days ‘Passage Exercise’ with the navy of which country in Indian Ocean in June 2021?
- Bharti Airtel and ________ have announced a strategic partnership for implementing 5G network solutions for India.
[B] Tata Group
- Name the app, which was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of the seventh International Yoga Day.
- The first Indian Navy and European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR) exercise was conducted in which sea?
[A] Gulf of Oman
[B] Gulf of Aden
[C] Red Sea
[D] Andman Sea
- According to a UN forecast India’s population will be _______ by 2030.
[A] 1.4 billion
[B] 1.5 billion
[C] 1.6 billion
[D] 1.7 billion
- India’s first Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) substitute machine ‘Jivan Vayu’, has been developed by which institute?
[A] IIT Ropar
[B] IIT Kanpur
[C] IIT Delhi
[D] IIT Madras
- Govt launches ‘___________’ to increase supply of medical oxygen.
[A] Project O2 for India
[B] Mission Oxygen Self-Reliance
[C] Oxygen on Wheels
[D] Oxygen Express
- The mobile app “Namaste Yoga”, devoted to Yoga, has been launched by which Ministry?
[A] Ministry of AYUSH
[B] Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
[C] Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
[D] Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- India’s forex reserves crossed $600 mark for the first time. India is now ____________ largest Forex Reserves holder.
Explanation: China has the largest reservesfollowed by Japan, Switzerland, Russia and India on the International Monetary Fund table.
- The ____ edition of the India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) kicked off, in the Andaman Sea.
- According to a release by commerce ministry the Exports of India’s organic farm products surged by what per cent in 2020-21?
- With which country India has conducted the three days long 31st edition of the coordinated patrol (CORPAT) in the Andaman Sea?
- The Central government increased the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of Kharif crops for the 2021-21 crop season (July-June) recently, maximum hike reserved for which crop this year?
[B] Pulses and Oilseeds
- The RBI has allowed an increase in the interchange fee structure for ATM transactions after almost 9 years. It has hiked the interchange fee per transaction from Rs. 15 to how many rupees for financial transactions?
- United States to hand over _______ MH-60 ‘Romeo’ multi-role choppers to India in July.
- The central government has brought forward the target year for achieving 20 percent ethanol-blending with petrol by 2 years to _____.
f Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG). Currently, the govt directs the oil companies in all states and UTs (union territories) to sell ethanol-blended petrol with a percentage of ethanol up to 20 per cent as per the Bureau of Indian Standards specifications.In April 2021, Ethanol-blending in Petrol in India reached more than 7.2 percent for the First Time. In 2020, the govt had set a target of reaching 10 percent ethanol-blending by 2022 (i.e. mixing 10 percent of ethanol with 90 percent of gasoline) and 20 percent by 2030 under the Ethanol Blended Petrol Programme (EBP). India is the 3rd biggest oil importer in the world and relies on foreign suppliers to meet more than 80 percent of demand.[/su_spoiler]
- SAGE project has been launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for _____.
[A] Elderly People
[B] Physically Disabled
[C] LGBTQ People
[D] Scheduled Castes
- Name the Indian Navy’s hydrographic survey ship, which decommissioned after serving the nation for 40 years.
- Which country has launched the Mission Innovation CleanTech Exchange, a global initiative that will create a network of incubators across member countries to accelerate clean energy innovation?
- Scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research have devised an approach of fabricating an ASN. What does ‘N’ stand for in ASN?
- India’s largest statue of the reclining Buddha will be installed at the Buddha International Welfare Mission temple in Bodh Gaya. What is the height of the statue?
- PM Modi announces _______ PM CARES Fund for kids orphaned due to COVID-19.
[A] Rs 5 Lakh
[B] Rs 10 Lakh
[C] Rs 15 Lakh
[D] Rs 20 Lakh
- Which IIT has developed ‘AmbiTag’, a device that records ambient temperature during the transportation of vaccines, body organs and blood?
[A] IIT Bombay
[B] IIT Madras
[C] IIT Delhi
[D] IIT Ropar
- A tripartite concession agreement between the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA), and which of the following was signed in June 2021?
[A] Mathura Waste Water Management Private Limited
[B] Jamnagar Waste Water Management Private Limited
[C] Maheshtala Waste Water Management Private Limited
[D] Nagpur Waste Water Management Private Limited
- Recently, Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Cultural Centre. It is located in which of the following cities?
- Which of the following state has announced a new scheme ‘Ashirbad’ for the education, health and maintenance of Covid orphans?
- World Bank has signed a $32 million loan agreement with the Government of India (GoI) and which state government for healthcare projects in the state?
- Who has become the first woman from Jammu and Kashmir to become a fighter pilot?
[A] Ruveda Salam
[B] Sami Ara Surury
[C] Nyla Ali Khan
[D] Mawya Sudan
- Which two states on June 23 became the fourth and fifth states to be declared Open Defecation Free?
[A] Kerala, Sikkim
[B] Uttarakhand, Haryana
[C] Gujarat, Jharkhand
[D] Telangana, Uttar Pradesh
- World’s first genetically modified (GM) rubber sapling was planted in which state?
- In a major boost to exports of GI certified agricultural produce, a consignment of fibre and mineral-rich Jalgaon banana of Maharashtra has been exported to which country?
[A] Saudi Arabia
- The Andhra Pradesh government will establish a State Museum in which city in the ongoing year (2021)?
- Which Union Territories has reserved all jobs for the residents of the region?
[B] Jammu & Kashmir
- India’s First International Maritime Services Cluster at _____________.
[A] GIFT City, Gujarat
[B] Special Economic Zone, Kochi
[C] Smart city, Kochi
[D] Special Economic Zone, Kolkata
- PM Modi has launched three E 100 ethanol dispensing stations under a pilot project in which city?
[D] New Delhi
- Many Sikh organisations have planned programmes to celebrate the 37th anniversary of which of the following Operations on 6 June 2021?
[A] Operation Woodrose
[B] Operation Bluestar
[C] Operation Pawan
[D] Operation Viraat
- Raimona becomes the sixth National Park of which state?
- In June 2021, which of the following airports has achieved net energy neutral status in FY 2020-21 as part of its sustainability goals?
[A] Thiruvananthapuram International Airport
[B] Kempegowda International Airport
[C] Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport
[D] Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel International Airport
- In June 2021, which state has decided to give 33 per cent reservation to girl students in engineering and medical colleges of the state?
- Which state has launched the ‘Ankur Scheme’ to encourage citizens for planting trees during monsoon?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
- Microsoft Corporation has become just the second U.S. public company to reach a $2 trillion market value. Which of the following was the first company?
[C] Saudi Aramco
- Who will be the first transgender athlete to compete at Olympics?
[A] Erika Schinegger
[B] Chloe Anderson
[C] Heidi Krieger
[D] Laurel Hubbard
- Recently a 1,098-carat diamond has been discovered by researchers, which is deemed to be the world’s third-largest diamond ever found. The diamond has been recovered in which country?
[D] South Africa
- Which of the following organisation has planned to launch the world’s first wooden satellite?
[D] European Space Agency
- _________ has launched a new initiative ‘Report it, Don’t share it!’ that encourages people to report child abuse content on its platforms and not to share it.
- NATO leaders declared that _________ poses a constant security challenge and is working to undermine global order.
- Which of the following will become the world’s first mask-free country in the Corona period?
- The 47th G7 Leaders’ Summit 2021 took place in a Hybrid format at Cornwall, _________.
[C] United Kingdom
- Abdulla Shahid was elected as the new President of the UN General Assembly (UNGA), he is the Foreign Minister of which country?
- Which international organization has launched a new global database named “I-Familia” to identify missing persons through family DNA and help the police solve cold cases in member countries?
[A] International Criminal Court (ICC)
[B] International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol)
[C] Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA)
[D] The Economic and Social Council
- First human case of infection with __________ bird flu has been recently reported from China’s eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Tsang Yin-Hung is from which country who became the fastest female climber to reach the peak of Mount Everest?
- The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) opens its first European innovation centre in which country?
- Which of the following paintings by Pablo Picasso that was stolen nine years ago during a heist at a Greek gallery has been recovered in June 2021?
[A] The Weeping Woman
[B] Woman’s Head
[D] Bull’s Head
- Who was adjudged the “Man of the match” at the inaugural ICC Test Championship final?
[A] Kane Williamson
[B] Virat Kohli
[C] Kyle Jamieson
[D] Devon Conway
- Who overtook Ali Mabkhout and Lionel Messi in June 2021 to become the second-highest international goalscorer among active men’s players?
[A] Anirudh Thapa
[B] Sunil Chhetri
[C] Udanta Singh
[D] Raju Gaikwad
- Who becomes the youngest Indian cricketer to make a debut across all formats after being picked for the first ODI against England Women?
[A] Harmanpreet Kaur
[B] Smriti Mandhana
[C] Shafali Verma
[D] Deepti Sharma
- Name the Indian archer who won a gold medal in the men’s individual compound event in Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Paris?
[A] Atanu Das
[B] Limba Ram
[C] Abhishek Verma
[D] Tarundeep Rai
- Who was named as the captain of the 16-member Olympic-bound Indian Women’s Hockey Team?
[A] Rani Rampal
[B] Vandana Katariya
[C] Rajani Etimarpu
[D] Sunita Lakra
- Name the Indian women wrestler, who won the gold medal in the 53 kg category at the Poland Open.
[A] Vinesh Phogat
[B] Sakshi Malik
[C] Babita Kumari
[D] Divya Kakran
- Athletics Federation announces Indian Grand Prix 4 on June 21 in ________.
- India’s Mirabai Chanu is associated with which sports who qualified for Tokyo Olympics?
- Vinoo Mankad has been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame ahead of WTC final. He was a/an _____.
- By June 2021, who is the all-time leading goal scorer in the European Championship?
[A] Karim Benzema
[B] Cristiano Ronaldo
[C] Lionel Messi
[D] Sergio Ramos
- Which of the following company has become ICC’s official partner till 2023?
[C] Google Pay
- How many Indian women cricketers have joined The Hundred women’s competition?
- Who won the javelin gold medal in the Meeting Cidade de Lisboa in Lisbon in June 2021?
[A] Devendra Jhajharia
[B] Neeraj Chopra
[C] Vipin Kasana
[D] Shivpal Singh
- Who has won the Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2021 in Baku?
[A] Lewis Hamilton
[B] Aston Martin
[C] Sergio Perez
[D] Sebastian Vettel
- What is the rank of the Indian women’s hockey team in the latest International Hockey Federation world rankings?
- In June 2021, the ICC announced the decision to expand the men’s ODI Cricket World Cup to how many teams from 2027 editions?
RANKS AND REPORTS
- What is India’s rank in the annual World Competitiveness Index 2021?
- What is India’s rank in the Global Cyber-security Index 2020 (GCI) released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)?
- How many Indian medical colleges have found a place in the list of 100 best medical colleges of the world in 2021?
- Which Indian PSU has been recognized as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the 15th year in a row by the Great Place to Work (GPTW) Institute?
- What is the rank of India in terms of Money Deposited in Swiss Banks?
- According to the World Giving Index 2021 report what is India’s position as the most charitable country?
Explanation: According to World Giving Index 2021, released by the Charities Aid Foundation’s (CAF), India is 14th most charitable country.
- What is the rank of India in “Global House Price Index” released by Knight Frank?
- What is the rank of State Bank of India in Forbes list of World’s Best Banks 2021 in India category?
- Which of the following city has topped the Global Liveability Index 2021, published by the Economist Intelligence Unit?
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
- Who is the author of the book titled “Kashmiri Century: Portrait of a Society in Flux”?
[A] Avtar Singh Bhasin
[B] Khemlata Wakhlu
[C] Sundeep Mishra
[D] Ayaz Memon
- Former Indian batsman, ________ has released his autobiography ‘Believe – What Life and Cricket Taught Me’.
[A] Ashish Nehra
[B] Virendra Sehwag
[C] MS Dhoni
[D] Suresh Raina
- Name the author of the book titled “Policymaker’s Journal: From New Delhi to Washington, DC”.
[A] Girish Chandra
[B] Shashank Negi
[C] Rohit Verma
[D] Kaushik Basu
- Who has authored the book titled “Anomalies in Law and Justice”?
[A] N V Ramana
[B] R V Raveendran
[C] M N Venketachaliah
[D] B N Srikrishna
- ‘Will’ is the autobiography of __________________.
[A] Akshay Kumar
[B] Dwayne Johnson
[C] Shah Rukh Khan
[D] Will Smith
- ‘The Nutmeg’s Curse: Parables for a Planet in Crisis’ is the latest book by which of the following renowned authors?
[A] Shankha Ghosh
[B] Krishna Sobti
[C] Amitav Ghosh
[D] Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri
- The book titled ‘Monk in a Merc’ is memoire of which Indian Neurologist to be released Posthumously?
[A] Arvind Panagariya
[B] Aditya Gupta
[C] Bipin S Walia
[D] Ashok Pangariya
- Who has authored the book titled ‘The 7 Sins of Being A Mother’?
[A] Neena Gupta
[B] Vidhya Balan
[C] Tahira Kashyap Khurana
[D] Zoya Akhtar
- Which institution ranked as Best Indian University in Times University Rankings 2021?
[A] Indian Institute of Science
[B] Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
[C] Indian Institute of Technology Indore (78th)
[D] King George’s Medical University
- Who is the author of the book ‘Savarkar: A contested Legacy (1924-1966)’?
[A] Ashok Desai
[B] Hindol Sengupta
[C] Bibek Debroy
[D] Vikram Sampath
- Name the author of the book titled “Languages of Truth: Essays 2003-2020”.
[A] Jhumpa Lahiri
[B] Vikram Seth
[C] Ruskin Bond
[D] Salman Rushdie
- International Olympics Day is observed every year on which date to celebrate sports and health?
[A] 22 June
[B] 23 June
[C] 24 June
[D] 25 June
- The International Yoga Day has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015. What is the theme for International Yoga Day 2021?
[A] ‘Yoga at home and Yoga with family’
[B] ‘Yoga for well-being’
[C] ‘Yoga for Peace’
[D] ‘Yoga health’
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) celebrates National Reading Day annually on _________.
[A] 19 June
[B] 20 June
[C] 18 June
[D] 21 June
- United Nations designated World Refugee Day is observed on 20 June every year. The day was held for the first time on June 20 in which year?
- World blood donor day is observed globally on _______ every year.
[A] June 15th
[B] June 16th
[C] June 14th
[D] June 18th
- World Day Against Child Labour is observed on_______every year.
[A] 23rd June
[B] 30th May
[C] 12th June
[D] 9th March
- June 6 is dedicated to celebrate which official language recognised by the United Nations?
- What is India’s rank on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted as 2030 agenda, according to the State of India’s Environment Report 2021?
- The World Food Safety Day is observed every year on which date?
[A] 3 June
[B] 4 June
[C] 5 June
[D] 7 June
- World environment day is celebrated on
[A] 5 June
[B] 21 July
[C] 21 June
[D] 10 December
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations celebrates World Milk Day every year on _______.
[A] 1st June
[B] 2nd June
[C] 3rd June
[D] 4th June
- Renowned Jammu-based Islamic scholar Mufti Faiz-ul-Waheed passed away recently.He was first to translated Quran into_______________.
[A] Pahari language
[B] Kashmiri language
[C] Urdu language
[D] Gojri language
- Legendary Milkha Singh has passed away due to coronavirus disease. He was a/an__________.
- Swatilekha Sengupta passed away in June 2021. She was honoured with Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in which year?
- Renowned personality Buddhadeb Dasgupta passes away recently he was a veteran _______.
Explanation: National award-winning Bengali director Buddhadeb Dasgupta (77) passed away. He was also a celebrated poet, had won several National Awards for his contribution to Bengali cinema. Buddhadeb Dasgupta was known for directing critically-acclaimed films like Uttara, Bagh Bahadur, Tahader Katha and Charachar. Of all the films he wrote and directed, five movies – Bagh Bahadur, Charachar, Lal Darja, Mondo Meyer Upakhyan and Kaalpurush.
- Asian Games gold medallist Dingko Singh passed away recently, he was associated with which sports?
Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021 Link Below
- Current Affairs PDF Download: July 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: May 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: January 2021
- Current Affairs India Yearbook 2021 Free PDF Download
- Current Affairs PDF Download: December 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: November 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: October 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: September 2020
Download Current Affairs Yearbook (January- December 2020): Click Here
May 2021 Complete Current Affairs PDF Download Link: Click Here