Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021
Here are the most important Monthly Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021
Here you can download 120+ Most Important Current Affairs in PDF format. Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021 in the English language is, completely free of cost.
Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021 will be beneficial for UPSC IAS, WBCS Prelims+ Mains 2020-21, Railway Recruitment Board Exams, IBPS PO Assistant, RRB NTPC, and other state PSC exams.
Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021 download link is available at the end of the post.
Top Current Affairs of the Month: February 2021
Indian-American Bhavya Lal appointed Acting Chief of Staff of NASA
- Indian-American Bhavya Lal was appointed by NASA as the Acting Chief of Staff of the US space agency.
- She served as a member of the Biden Presidential Transition Agency Review Team for the agency and oversaw the agency’s transition under the administration of President Joe Biden
RS Sharma appointed as new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ayushman Bharat
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has appointed RS Sharma as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the country’s flagship public health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat, also called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- The Ayushman Bharat public health insurance scheme was initiated by Govt. of India in 2018.
Jeff Bezos stepped down as the CEO of Amazon Inc.
- com Inc founder and CEO, Jeff Bezos has announced that he would step down as CEO of the company and become Executive Chairman in Q3 of 2021, i.e. with effect from July 01, 2021.
- Andy Jassy, who is currently serving as the chief executive of Amazon Web Services (AWS), will replace Bezos as CEO of Amazon.
- Bezos started the company 27 years ago, on 5 July 1994, as an internet bookseller.
- com Inc Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
Praveen Sinha appointed as the interim director of the CBI.
- Department of Personnel and Training, under Personnel Ministry, has appointed Praveen Sinha, as the interim director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Central Bureau of Investigation Headquarters: New Delhi. Founded: 1 April 1963.
Bikram Singh Bedi appointed as MD of Google India
- Google Cloud has appointed Bikram Singh Bedi as the new Managing Director for its India Business.
World Trade Organization gets a new Director-General from Nigeria
- Nigerian economist Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been chosen as the next Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
Dr Ajay Mathur appointed as new Director-General of International Solar Alliance
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has announced Dr. Ajay Mathur as its new DirectorGeneral following his election at the first special assembly of ISA members.
- Dr. Mathur replaces Mr. Upendra Tripathy, who has served as DirectorGeneral since the ISA was founded in 2015.
Ajai Malhotra, first Indian to be elected as the Chairperson of the UN Human Rights Council.
- Ajai Malhotra became the first Indian to be elected as the Chairperson of the United Nations Advisory Committee of the Human Rights Council.
- He has been on the Indian team negotiating issues such as biological diversity, climate change, desertification, education, energy, forestry, health, human rights, human settlements, intellectual property, international law, labor, ozone depletion, sustainable development, and trade.
‘Atmanirbharta’ named Oxford Hindi word of 2020
- Oxford Languages, the world’s leading dictionary publisher, has named ‘Aatmanirbharta’ as the Hindi word of the year 2020.
- ‘Aatmanirbharta’ means self-reliance. The word was chosen as it “validated the day-to-day achievements of the countless Indians who dealt with and survived the perils of a pandemic”.
13th edition of Aero India 2021 event inaugurated in Bengaluru
- The Aero India 2021 event, the country’s premier aerospace and defense exhibition, kick-started at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru.
- The 13th edition of the international event touted as the world’s first-ever hybrid aero and defense show will see several aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF), Army, Navy, Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL), and the Coast Guard participating in the show.
National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” inaugurated in New Delhi
- The Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” at Dilli Haat, INA, New Delhi.
- The festival aims to familiarise the people with the rich and diverse craft, the culture of the tribal communities across the country, in one place.
A unified web portal for monitoring the progress of GOBARDHAN activities launched.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and Minister of State for Jal Shakti Rattan Lal Kataria jointly launched a unified web portal for monitoring the progress of GOBARDHAN activities across the nation.
- Gobardhan aims to positively impact village cleanliness and generate wealth and energy from cattle and organic waste.
February 4, 2021 marks 100 years of the ‘Chauri Chaura’ incident
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the centenary celebrations of the Chauri Chaura incident on February 4 via videoconferencing. February 4, 2021 marks 100 years of the ‘Chauri Chaura’ incident, a landmark event in the country’s fight for independence.
- PM Modi also released a postal stamp dedicated to the Chauri Chaura incident, to mark the beginning of the event.
‘Asom Mala’ program launched in Dhekiajuli of Sonitpur district, Assam.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Asom Mala’ program in Dhekiajuli of Sonitpur district, Assam.
- As per the PMO, this initiative will boost the state’s road infrastructure and contribute to Assam’s economic progress and improve connectivity.
Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully (‘SAANS’) campaign launched in Madhya Pradesh
- The health department in Madhya Pradesh has launched the Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully (‘SAANS’) campaign.
- The main purpose of the campaign is to reduce the death rate due to pneumonia among infants a strategy is being chalked out under the Social awareness campaign in which medical staff is being trained.
India gets its 51st Tiger Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu
- The Central government has given its approval for the creation of a fifth tiger reserve in Tamil Nadu that will encompass the Meghamalai and Srivilliputhur Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuaries.
- It will be the 51st Tiger Sanctuary of India.
Vijayanagara carved out of Ballari to become the 31st district of Karnataka
- The Karnataka government issued an official gazette notification to declare Vijayanagara as the 31st district of the state.
- The new district has been carved out of Ballari and named after the Vijayanagara Empire that ruled from this region.
Covid Warrior Memorial to be constructed at Biju Patnaik Park in Bhubaneswar
- In order to recognize the sacrifice and services rendered by the Covid warriors who lost their lives fighting the pandemic, the government has decided to construct a Covid Warrior Memorial in Odisha.
- The Biju Patnaik Park in Bhubaneswar has been selected for this purpose.
ONGC to build India’s first-ever geothermal power project in Ladakh
- India’s first-ever geothermal power project will be implemented by state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at Puga village of eastern Ladakh.
- The project, known as Geothermal Field Development Project, will be implemented in three phases and is planned to commission by the end of 2022.
Shahtoot Dam on Kabul River to be built by Afghanistan in a partnership with India
- India and Afghanistan have signed a Memorandum of Understanding MoU over video teleconferencing (VTC), for the construction of the Shahtoot Dam (Lalander Dam) on a tributary of the Kabul River in Afghanistan.
- The project, which costs nearly $300 million, is a part of the New Development Partnership between India and Afghanistan.
Joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas 20” conducted between India and the United States
- The India-US joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas 20” commenced in Mahajan Field Firing Range of Bikaner district in Rajasthan.
- This is the 16th edition of an annual bilateral joint exercise of both armies.
India Meteorological Department to develop India’s first ‘Thunderstorm Research Testbed’.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has announced to set up the first ‘Thunderstorm Research Testbed’ of the country at Odisha’s Balasore district.
- The main objective of the “Thunderstorm Research Testbed” is to minimalize human fatalities and loss of property due to lightning strikes.
Indian Army laid the foundation stone of the tallest ‘Iconic National Flag’ at Gulmarg
- The Indian Army has laid the foundation stone of the tallest ‘Iconic National Flag’ at the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The flag will be on a 100 feet-high pole, the highest Tricolour in the Valley. Flag’ at Gulmarg.
The three-day famous “Mandu Festival” began at the historic town of Mandu, Madhya Pradesh
- The three-day famous “Mandu Festival” began at the historic town of Mandu in the Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh on February 13, 2021.
- The festival is organized by the state government of Madhya Pradesh to showcase each and every aspect of the ancient Mandu city, ranging from food, music, history & heritage, art & craft etc.
West Bengal government launches “Maa” canteens
- West Bengal government launched “Maa” canteens for providing subsidized cooked meals for the poor and the destitute at a nominal cost of ₹5.
- The govt will give a subsidy of ₹15 and people have to pay ₹5. The kitchen will run by Self-Help Groups (SHG). The government allocated ₹ 100 crores for this project.
India joined Iran and Russia in the naval exercise “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021”
- India joined Iran and Russia in the naval exercise dubbed as “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021”, which kicked-off in the northern part of the Indian Ocean.
- The Chinese navy will also join the exercise. The purpose of the drill is to enhance the security of international maritime trade, confront maritime piracy and terrorism, and exchange information
Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav at Cooch Behar Palace
- The Governor of West Bengal, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav at Cooch Behar Palace at West Bengal.
- The Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is a flagship program of the Ministry of Culture, organized under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Programme, since 2015, to celebrate the idea of unity in diversity.
Kanchoth festival celebrated across the Chenab valley region of Jammu and Kashmir
- The ancient Kanchoth festival, a symbol of ancient Nag culture, was observed with religious fervor and gaiety across the Chenab valley region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The festival is celebrated by locals, mainly Nag followers who believe that on this day of Gouri Tritiya, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got married and the latter insisted on a throne made of snow as her wedding gift
Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the Atal Paryavaran Bhavan at Lakshadweep
- The Union Minister for Environment, Forest, and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar, inaugurated the Atal Paryavaran Bhavan at Lakshadweep.
- During the visit, the minister attended high-level meetings with the Secretaries of various departments in the Lakshadweep administration, participated in various official programs at Suheli, Kadmat, and Bangaram islands.
Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the 26th edition of ‘Hunar Haat’ in New Delhi
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the 26th edition of ‘Hunar Haat’ in New Delhi.
- The “Hunar Haat” will be held from February 21 to March 01, 2021, with the theme of “Vocal for Local”. More than 600 artisans and craftsmen from more than 31 states and UTs are participating.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 2nd Khelo India National Winter Games
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has delivered the inaugural address at the 2nd Khelo India National Winter Games through a video conference.
- The second edition of the Khelo India-Winter Games has been organized at the world-famous ski-resort Gulmarg in the Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir.
47th edition of Khajuraho Dance Festival began in Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
- The 47th Khajuraho Dance Festival began in Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh which is based on the Indian classical dance tradition.
- Khajuraho Temples come alive with splendor, beams, and the hustle-bustle of art lovers at the Festival.
- The first-day event is dedicated to Bharatanatyam performance by Geeta Chandran and her troupe and Kathak performance by Deepak Maharaj.
Madhya Pradesh’s Hoshangabad city renamed Narmadapuram
- Hoshangabad city in the state of Madhya Pradesh will be renamed Narmadapuram.
- This was announced by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan during the Narmada Jayanti program held in Hoshangabad.
- Hoshangabad was earlier named after an attacker Hoshang Shah, the first ruler of Malwa.
PASSEX naval exercise begins in the Arabian Sea between Indian and Indonesian Navy
- The Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy conducted the Passage Exercise (PASSEX) on February 18, 2021, in the Arabian Sea.
South Korea plans to build the world’s largest wind power plant
- President Moon Jae-in-led, South Korea Government has approved a plan to build the world’s largest wind power plant in the country by 2030.
- Currently, the world’s largest offshore wind farm is Hornsea 1 in Britain, which has a 1.12 GW capacity.
- The project will help to foster an environmentally-friendly recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and fasten the step to achieve the target of becoming carbon neutral by 2050.
- South Korea Capital: Seoul; Currency: South Korean won.
United Arab Emirates become the fifth country to launch the spacecraft into the orbit of MARS
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has put a probe called Hope in the orbit around the MARS. UAE has become the fifth country to launch the spacecraft into the orbit of MARS after United States, Soviet Union, Europe, and India.
- With the successful launch of spacecraft in orbit, UAE scientists can now study the planet’s atmosphere.
- President of UAE: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan; Capital of UAE: Abu Dhabi; Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
Pakistan conducted a successful test firing of the missile ‘Babar’.
- The Pakistan Army conducted a successful test-firing of a short-range surface-to-surface ballistic missile ‘Babar’ on February 11, 2021.
- President of Pakistan: Arif Alvi
Mario Draghi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy
- The former European Central Bank Chief Mario Draghi has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on 12 February 2021.
‘Pahela Phagun’ festival begins in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- The first day of the spring called ‘Pahela Phagun’ was celebrated in Dhaka, Bangladesh despite the continued shadow of the Corona pandemic in the country.
- Cultural organizations held programs at different venues in the city to herald the beginning of the spring.
- Programs were held at the Suhrawardy Udyan, Nandan Manch of Shilpakala Academy, and several other locations.
China has overtaken the United States as the biggest trading partner of the European Union
- The People’s Republic of China has overtaken the United States (US) as the biggest trading partner of the European Union (EU) in 2020, according to the data by the European Union statistics agency, Eurostat. Britain, which left the European Union in 2020, was the third-largest trading partner for the bloc, behind China and the United States.
The United States has officially rejoined the Paris Agreement
- The United States has officially rejoined the Paris Agreement, under the Presidency of US President Joe Biden. Earlier, in November 2020, the US had officially exited the agreement on the order of then-President Donald Trump.
China has regained its position as the top trading partner of India in 2020
- China has regained its position as the top trading partner of India in 2020, which was held by the United States, since 2018-19.
- The two-way trade between India and China stood at $77.7 billion in 2020 despite the conflict along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and the rising anti-China sentiment.
- The India-US bilateral trade stood at $75.9 billion, according to provisional data from the commerce ministry.
- Meanwhile, the UAE continues to remain India’s third-biggest trading partner.
Books and Authors
‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’ by M Hamid Ansari.
- A book titled ‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’ has been authored by M Hamid Ansari. Mohammad Hamid Ansari was the vice president of India and chairman of the Rajya Sabha for two consecutive terms from 2007 to 2017.
“Unfinished: A Memoir”, an autobiography of Priyanka Chopra Jonas
- Actor-producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas officially turned author with the release of her first book, “Unfinished: A Memoir”, which she described as “honest, raw and vulnerable.”
‘Platform Scale: For a Post-Pandemic World’ by Sangeet Paul Choudhary
- A Book titled ‘Platform Scale: For a Post-Pandemic World’ has been authored by Sangeet Paul Choudhary.
- It is published by Penguin Random House India.
‘Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’ by RP Gupta
- Chairperson of the Standing Committee on Defence and MP Jual Oram has launched ‘Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’, a book on creating economic awareness among masses. The book is authored by RP Gupta.
‘Starstruck: Confessions of a TV executive’ by Peter Mukerjea
- Former media baron Peter Mukerjea has come out with his memoir ‘Starstruck: Confessions of a TV executive’.
- The book is presented as a recollection of his experiences in the satellite television industry in India and the changes it has gone through over the years.
“The Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Good News” by Meghna Pant
- Award-winning writer, journalist, and speaker, Meghna Pant has penned a new book “The Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Good News”.
- The book will be released in April 2021, and soon be seen as a major motion picture under the title Badnam Ladoo.
‘ASOCA: A Sutra’ by Irwin Allan Sealy
- Prizewinning writer Irwin Allan Sealy’s new novel ‘ASOCA: A Sutra’, an imagined memoir of Ashoka, The Great.
- The novel will be presented as an imagined memoir of Ashoka, The Great, and the emperor who ruled most of the Indian Subcontinent and played a pivotal role in the spread of Buddhism from India to other parts of Asia in the 3rd century BC.
“Maveric Messiah” by Ramesh Kandula
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has released “Maveric Messiah”, a political biography on former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N.T. Rama Rao authored by senior journalist Ramesh Kandula.
“Stories I Must Tell: An Actor’s Emotional Journey,” autobiography of actor Kabir Bedi
- Veteran actor Kabir Bedi will tell his life story in his memoir, which will be released in April. Entitled “Stories I Must Tell: An Actor’s Emotional Journey,” the actor will provide an honest glimpse into his life.
AR Rahman, Saidapet Hari Krishnan among the 14 recipients of the Alert Being Awards 2020
- Music composer AR Rahman and social activist from Saidapet Hari Krishnan were among the 14 people who were presented the fourth edition of the Alert Being Awards 2020 by the NGO ALERT, for their Good Samaritan work.
Robert Irwin won the Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award for an image titled ‘bushfire.’
- Robert Irwin, an Australian wildlife photographer, has won the first prize in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award Contest.
- Robert won the award for the image titled ‘bushfire’, which is the picture of the devastating Australian Bushfire in 2020; he captured using a drone, near the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve in Cape York, Queensland.
Kempegowda International Airport won the ‘Voice of the Customer’ award
- The Bangalore International Airport Limited’s (BIAL) or Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru has bagged global recognition from the Airports Council International World’sVoice of the Customer’
Tamil film “Koozhangal” won the “Tiger” award, at the Rotterdam International Film Festival
- The Tamil film “Koozhangal” has won the “Tiger” award, at the 50th edition of the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2021. The Tiger award is the top honor of the festival, given for the best film
Manasa Varanasi crowned VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020
- Telangana-based Manasa Varanasi has been crowned as the winner of VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020.
- Manasa Varanasi was crowned by the winner of Miss India 2019, Suman Ratan Singh Rao from Rajasthan.
- The 23-year-old will now represent India at the 70th Miss World pageant in December 2021.
Bhim Army’s Chandra Shekhar Azad named in TIME’s list
- Bhim Army Chief Chandra Shekhar Aazad and five Indian-origin personalities have been featured in the 2021 TIME100 Next.
- TIME100 Next 2021 is the second edition of the annual list of Time magazine’s 100 ‘emerging leaders who are shaping the future.’
- About Bhim Army:
- Bhim Army is a Dalit rights organization based in Uttar Pradesh to help Dalits escape poverty through education. It was founded by Satish Kumar, Vijay Ratan Singh, and Chandrashekhar Azad in 2015.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddynferred the Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has been conferred the Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award.
- The Award has been presented to the CM by Chairman, Skoch Group, Sameer Kochhar personally at Tadepalli in Andhra Pradesh.
Rajnath Singh presented the best marching contingents of the Republic Day Parade 2021 trophie
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh presented the trophies of the best marching contingents of the Republic Day Parade 2021 in New Delhi on February 15, 2021.
- Jat Regimental Centre bagged the trophy of best marching contingent among the Tri-Services while Delhi Police was adjudged as the best marching contingent among the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and other auxiliary services.
Hyderabad has been recognized as a 2020 Tree City of World
- Telangana’s capital, Hyderabad has been recognized as a 2020 Tree City of World, by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Arbor Day Foundation, for its commitment to growing and maintaining urban forests.
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2021 announced
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput was posthumously awarded ‘Critics Best Actor’ for his performance in Dil Bechara.
- The winner of the Award for 2021 are as follows:
- Best Actor (Female): Deepika Padukone, Chhapaak
- Best Actor (Male): Akshay Kumar, Laxmii
- Critic’s Best Actress: Kiara Advani, Guilty
- Critic’s Best Actor: Late Sushant Singh Rajput, Dil Bechara
- Best Film: Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
- Best International Feature Film: Parasite Most Versatile Actor – Kay Kay Menon
- Best Director: Anurag Basu, Ludo
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Vikrant Massey, Chhapaak
- Best Actress in Supporting Role: Radhika Madan, Angrezi Medium
- Best Actor in Comic Role: Kunal Kemmu, Lootcase
- Best Actor (Web Series): Bobby Deol, Aashram
- Best Actress (Web Series): Sushmita Sen, Aarya
- Best Web Series: Scam (1992)
- Outstanding Contribution to Film Industry: Dharmendra
- Outstanding Contribution to Literature in Indian Cinema: Chetan Bhagat
BCCI has decided not to conduct the Ranji Trophy in 2020-21
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided not to conduct the Ranji Trophy in 2020-21. This will be the first time in 87 years since its inception in 1934-35, that India’s premier first-class cricket national championship will not be held in 2020-21 domestic season.
Jay Shah appointed as the new President of the Asian Cricket Council
- Jay Shah, the incumbent Secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has been appointed as the new President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC).
- Asian Cricket Council Headquarters: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Tamil Nadu beat Baroda in the final to win the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy 2020-21.
- The tournament was the twelfth edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and was played at Sardar Patel Stadium (Motera Stadium), Ahmedabad.
Merv Hughes has been inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame
- Former right-arm fast bowler Merv Hughes has been inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame.
Ashok Dinda has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket
- Fast bowler Ashok Dinda, has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- The 36-year-old right-handed pacer made his first-class debut for Bengal in 2005 and played for 15 years in Bengal cricket.
Steve Smith claims Allan Border Medal for the third time in his career
- Former Australian captain Steve Smith won the third Allan Border Medal of his career at the Australian Cricket Awards for the period 2020-21.
- Apart from this, Beth Mooney bagged Belinda Clarke Award, the top honor for a female player at the Australian Cricket Awards.
- Men’s Test Player of the Year: Pat Cummins.
Joe Root: The first player in history to score a double century in 100th Test match
- Joe Root, the England captain, became the first player in history to score a double century in his 100th Test match.
- In the process, Root also surpassed former Pakistan captain Inzamam-Ul-Haq as the player with the highest individual score playing the 100th Test match of his career. Inzamam had hit 184 against India in a Test match in Bengaluru in 2005,
Winners of the inaugural ICC Player of the Month award announced
- The Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant has won the inaugural ICC Player of the Month award 2021.
- Apart from this, Shabnim Ismail of South Africa has been named the ICC Women’s Player of the Month.
Ishant Sharma became the 6thIndian and 3rd pacer of India to take 300 wickets in Test cricket
- Indian fast bowler Ishant Sharma became the sixth Indian and third pacer from the country to take 300 wickets in Test cricket.
- The 32-year-old Ishant reached the milestone in 98 matches, more than the other Indian bowlers in the club.
- Besides Anil Kumble (619) and Kapil Dev (434), Ravichandran Ashwin (377 before this game), Harbhajan Singh (417), and Zaheer Khan (311) are the other bowlers from the country who have reached the landmark.
Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Naman Ojha announced his retirement
- Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Naman Ojha has announced his retirement, from all formats of cricket.
- He made his first-class debut for Madhya Pradesh in 2000-01.
Hima Das has been appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of the Assam Police Force.
- Star sprinter Hima Das has been appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of Police by the Assam government.
- The 21-year-old from Assam, known as ‘Dhing Express.’
South African all-rounder Chris Morris becomes the most expensive player of IPL history.
- Former Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) superstar and South African all-rounder Chris Morris shattered all records at the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 auction in Chennai.
- Rajasthan Royals went all-out for the South African all-rounder Morris, buying him for a whopping INR 16.25 crore.
Faf du Plessis has announced his retirement from Test cricket
- Former captain of South Africa, Faf du Plessis has announced his retirement from Test cricket.
- The 36- year-old made his Test debut in November 2012 and played a total of 69 games in the longest format.
Novak Djokovic and Naomi Osaka wins Australian Open 2021
- Winners of Australian Open 2021:
- Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic (Serbia) defeated Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
- Women’s Singles: Naomi Osaka (Japan) defeated Jennifer Brady (US)
Revamped Motera cricket stadium renamed as the Narendra Modi Stadium
- President Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the newly revamped Motera cricket stadium in Ahmedabad, which has been renamed the Narendra Modi Stadium.
- The biggest cricket stadium in the world will hold its first international match, with the newly renovated Sardar Patel Stadium to host the third Test between India and England.
The second edition of the Khelo India University Games inaugurated in Karnataka
- The second edition of the Khelo India University Games (KIUG) 2021, is scheduled to be held in Karnataka.
Yusuf Pathan has announced his retirement from all formats of cricket
- Former India all-rounder, Yusuf Pathan has announced his retirement from all formats of cricket.
- He played 57 ODIs and 22 T20Is for India since making his international debut in 2007. He was part of the Indian team that won the ICC T20 World Cup 2007 and ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
R Vinay Kumar has announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- Former India international and Karnataka captain, R Vinay Kumar has announced retirement from all forms of cricket. The “Davangere Express” after running for 25 years and passing so many stations of cricketing life, has finally arrived at the station called retirement.
India ranks 53rd among 167 countries in the Democracy Index 2020 by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- India’s position has slipped by two places to be placed at 53rd spot in the 2020 Democracy Index, from among 167 countries.
- India has been classified as a ‘flawed democracy’.
- Democracy Index is the global ranking released by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) that provides a snapshot of the current state of democracy worldwide.
- Norway has topped the Index. Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand and Canada are the top five countries on the list.
The second edition of the India Justice Report released by Tata Trusts.
- The second edition of the India Justice Report, India’s only ranking of states on delivery of Justice to people, announced.
- Maharashtra once again at the top of the 18 Large and Mid-sized states (with a population of over one crore each) in the 2nd Edition of the India Justice Report, an initiative of Tata Trusts, followed by Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Punjab, and Kerala.
World Leprosy Day: 31 January
- World Leprosy Day is observed around the world on the last Sunday of January every year. This year World Leprosy Day held on 31 January.
- This year’s theme of World Leprosy Day 2021 is “Beat Leprosy, End Stigma and advocate for Mental Wellbeing.”
Indian Coast Guard Raising Day: 01 February
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is celebrating its 45th Raising Day on 01 February 2021. The ICG was formally established on February 1, 1977, by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India.
- It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
World Wetlands Day: 02 February
- World Wetlands Day is observed every year on February 2 globally.
- The day aims to raise awareness about the crucial role played by wetlands for people and our planet.
- The international theme for World Wetlands Day 2021 is ‘Wetlands and Water’.
- 2021 marks 50 years of the Convention on Wetlands.
World Cancer Day: 04 February
- World Cancer Day is observed every year on 4 February by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
- The day is celebrated to raise awareness and education about cancer, and pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action against the disease.
- World Cancer Day 2019-21 theme: ‘I am and I will’.
International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female: 06 February
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female is observed globally on 6 February. It was first introduced in 2003.
- This year’s theme of International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female: “No Time for Global Inaction: Unite, Fund, and Act to End Female Genital Mutilation”.
International Epilepsy Day: Second Monday of February
- The International Epilepsy Day is observed on the second Monday of February every year across the world.
- In 2021, the International Epilepsy Day was observed on February 08.
RBI Financial Literacy Week (FLW): February 08-12
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Financial Literacy Week (FLW) from February 8-12, 2021, to propagate financial education.
- RBI conducts Financial Literacy Week (FLW) every year since 2016 to propagate financial education messages on a particular theme every year across the country, through a focused campaign.
- The theme for 2021 FLW is “Credit Discipline and Credit from Formal Institutions”.
World Pulses Day: 10 February
- The United Nations designated World Pulses Day is observed every year on 10 February.
- The day has been established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize the importance of pulses (dry beans, lentils, dry peas, chickpeas, lupins) as a global food.
International Day of Women and Girls in Science: 11 February
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science is observed globally on 11 February.
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science to recognize the critical role of women and girls play in science and technology.
World Unani Day: 11 February
- World Unani Day has observed every year on 11th February.
- The main objective of World Unani Day is to spread awareness about health care delivery through the Unani system of medicine through its preventive and curative philosophy. It was introduced in India by the Arabs and Persians sometime around the eleventh century.
- This day is celebrated every year to mark the birth anniversary of great Unani scholar and social reformer Hakim Ajmal Khan. The first Unani Day was celebrated in 2017.
- The Unani system of medicine originated in Greece. Its foundation was laid by Hippocrates.
Samarpan Diwas: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Death Anniversary
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi pays floral tribute to former Bharatiya Jana Sangh leader Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya on his 53rd death anniversary as part of ‘Samarpan Diwas’, in New Delhi on Feb. 11, 2021.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya was an Indian politician and thinker of right-wing Hindutva ideology espoused by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, and leader of the political party Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of Bharatiya Janata Party.
National Productivity Day: February 12
- National Productivity Day is observed every year in India on February 12.
- The objective of the National Productivity Council is to stimulate and promoting productivity and quality consciousness across all sectors in the country.
National Women’s Day: 13 February
- In India, the National Women’s Day is observed every year on 13 February to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sarojini Naidu.
- This year Nation celebrates its 142nd Birth Anniversary. She was born on February 13, 1879.
- She was famous for her nickname ‘Nightingale of India’ or ‘Bharat Kokila’ because of her poems.
World Radio Day: 13 February
- World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February each year to recognize radio as a powerful medium, which brings people together from every corner of the globe
- The theme of World Radio Day 2021 is “New World, New Radio”.
World Day of Social Justice: 20 February
- World Day of Social Justice is celebrated annually all over the world on 20 February. The International Labour Organization unanimously adopted the ILO Declaration on Social Justice for a Fair Globalization on 10 June 2008.
- This year’s theme of World Day of Social Justice is “A Call for Social Justice in the Digital Economy”.
Soil Health Card Day: 19 February
- Every year India observes the Soil Health Card Day on 19 February to commemorate the launch of the Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme, and create awareness about the benefits of the scheme.
- 2021 marks the sixth year of the launch of the SHC Scheme.
International Mother Language Day (IMLD): 21 February
- The International Mother Language Day (IMLD) is observed annually on 21 February to raise awareness regarding linguistic and cultural diversity and to promote multilingualism.
- The theme of the Day this year, “Fostering multilingualism for inclusion in education and society.”
Central Excise Day: 24 February
- Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on February 24 across India.
- The day is being celebrated to honor the service of the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honor the officers associated with CBEC and their services.
World NGO Day: 27 February
- World NGO Day is celebrated every year on 27th February globally. World NGO Day aims to inspire people to become more actively involved within NGOs (Charities, NPOs, CSOs) and encourage a greater symbiosis between NGOs and both the public and private sector.
Academy Award winner Christopher Plummer passed away
- Oscar-winning actor Christopher Plummer, who rose to prominence for his critically-acclaimed film ‘Sound of Music’, has passed away.
- He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor at the age of 82 for Beginners (2010), becoming the oldest person to win an acting award.
Tennis legend Akhtar Ali passed away
- Tennis legend Akhtar Ali, a father figure in Indian tennis, passed away. He represented India in eight Davis Cup ties against Pakistan, Malaysia, Iran, Mexico, Japan, and Monaco between 1958 and 1964
Papua New Guinea’s “father of the nation” Michael Somare passed away
- The first prime minister of Papua New Guinea, Michael Somare has passed away.
- He was known as the “father of the nation” because he led the Pacific archipelago to independence from Australia in 1975.
- He had served as the prime minister of the country four times, between 1975 to 2011, and has been the longest-serving prime minister (17 years).
- Who among the following has been awarded Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021?
[A] Nick Nichols
[B] Martin Bailey
[C] Mark Fitzpatrick
[D] Robert Irwin
- Name the actor, who wins the Critic’s Best Actor award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival 2021.
[A] Irrfan Khan
[B] Sushant Singh Rajput
[C] Om Puri
[D] Rishi Kapoor
- Which of the following film has won the Best Film award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival 2021?
[A] Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl
[B] Dil Bechara
[D] Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
- Who among the following has been conferred with best actor female award at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards 2021?
[A] Kiara Advani
[B] Alia Bhatt
[C] Deepika Padukone
[D] Sara Ali Khan
- Which of the following has received the Asia Environmental Enforcement Award-2020 awarded by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)?
[A] International Fund for Animal Welfare
[B] Wildlife Crime Control Bureau
[C] Wildlife Alliance
[D] World Society for the Protection of Animals
- Who among the following has been honoured with the award for ‘Most Versatile Actor’ at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival 2021?
[A] Neeraj Pandey
[B] Karan Tacker
[C] Manoj Bajpayee
[D] Kay Kay Menon
- Name the Indian Activist who among the following has been featured in the “2021 TIME100 Next”, the TIME magazine’s annual list of 100 “emerging leaders’?
[A] Kanheya Kumar
[B] Chandra Shekhar Azad
[C] Tejashwi Prasad Yadav
[D] Dushyant Chautala
- Which film has won “Tiger” award, at the 50th edition of the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2021.
- Which of the following word has been named as the Hindi word of the year 2020 by Oxford Languages?
- Who among the following has been conferred the ‘Covid Crusader Award-2020’?
[A] Rajiv Kapoor
[B] Aditya Puri
[C] Iqbal Singh Chahal
[D] Atul Kumar Goel
- Who among the following has been conferred with the Business Leader of the Year at The Economic Times Award for Corporate Excellence 2020?
[A] Aditya Puri
[B] Pawan Munjal
[C] Mukesh Ambani
[D] Gautam Adani
- Which film has won the Best International Feature Film Award at the 14th International Children’s Film Festival of Bangladesh?
[A] The Silent Forest
[B] Jackie and Oopjen
[C] I Never Cry
[D] Into the Darkness
- Manasa Varanasi was crowned VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020 in February 2021. From which of the following states does she belong?
- Who among the following has been elected as the President of Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI)?
[A] Abhay Chautala
[B] Dushyant Chautala
[C] Randeep Hooda
[D] Bhavya Bishnoi
- Name the first Indian to be elected as the Chairperson of the United Nations Advisory Committee of the Human Rights Council.
[A] Preeti Sinha
[B] Nazhat Shameem
[C] Mallikarjun Kharge
[D] Ajai Malhotra
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Tata Motors Ltd?
[A] Hanne Sorensen
[B] Marc Llistosella
[C] OP Bhatt
[D] Mitsuhiko Yamashit
- Who among the following has been elected as the next director-general of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
[A] Varun Aditya
[B] GD Agarwal
[C] Ajay Mathur
[D] Ramesh Agarwal
- Who is the first Indian woman to occupy the prestigious position of president of the Oxford Student’s Union?
[A] Rashmi Samant
[B] Anukriti Mishra
[C] Sakshi Garg
[D] Ayushi Singhal
- Who among the following has been sworn in as the new President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC)?
[A] Jay Shah
[B] Sachin Tendulkar
[C] Sanath Jayasurya
[D] Neil Johnson
- Who among the following has been appointed as the first-ever Chief Compliance Officer of social media platform Facebook Inc?
[A] Henry Moniz
[B] Mike Schroepfer
[C] David Wehner
[D] Chris Cox
- Recently, who among the following has been appointed as the acting chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to succeed Rishi Kumar Shukla who retired after a two-year fixed stint?
[A] Bindu Shekhar Jha
[B] Praveen Sinha
[C] Rakesh Asthana
[D] AP Maheshwari
- Name the first-ever female who among the following has been appointed as the Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
[A] Chukwuka Okonjo
[B] Ikemba Iweala
[C] Amina J. Mohammed
[D] Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
- What is India’s rank in the ‘Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index’ released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)?
- Which of following India’s global ranking in the 2020 Democracy Index Report titled “Democracy in sickness and in health?” released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)?
- Who is the first player in history of cricket, who scored a double century in his 100th Test match?
[A] Kane Williamson
[B] Steve Smith
[C] Rohit Sharma
[D] Joe Root
- Who among the following has won the Australian Open Men’s Singles title 2021?
[A] Rafael Nadal
[B] Novak Djokovic
[C] Daniil Medvedev
[D] Alexander Zverev
- Rajeev Ram held from which country has won Australian open mixed double event Barbora Krejcikova of Czech Republic?
- The second Khelo India National Winter Games has been organized in which of the following place?
- Which of the following stadium has been renamed the Narendra Modi Stadium?
[A] Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
[B] Saurashtra Cricket Stadium
[C] Nehru Stadium, Guwahati
[D] Eden Garden, Kolkata
- Which of the following player has bagged the women’s singles title of the Australian Open 2021?
[A] Karolína Muchová
[B] Jennifer Brady
[C] Naomi Osaka
[D] Ashleigh Barty
- Which state will host the 2nd Edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) in 2021?
- Name the Indian women tennis player who among the following has won maiden women’s double title in Phillip Island Trophy with Russian partner Kamilla Rakhimova?
[A] Nirupama Sanjeev
[B] Karman Kaur Thandi
[C] Ankita Raina
[D] Shikha Uberoi
- Who among the following cricket player shattered all records at the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 auction?
[A] Kyle Jamieson
[B] Glenn Maxwell
[C] Chris Morris
[D] Jhye Richardson
- Chris Morris became the costliest ever player at an IPL auction for which of the following team?
[A] Kings XI Punjab
[B] Sunrisers Hyderabad
[C] Rajasthan Royal
[D] Delhi Capitals
- Naman Ojha is associated with which of the following sports who announced his retirement recently?
- Faf du Plessis announced his retirement from Test cricket in February 2021. From which of the following countries does he belong?
[B] West Indies
[C] South Africa
- Priyanka Goswami is associated with which of the following sports who set a new National record and qualified for Tokyo Olympics and for the World Athletics Championship?
- BCCI has decided to cancel the Ranji Trophy 2020-21 season, for the first time in the game’s history. The championship was first held in which season?
- Who among the following Indian shooter won the gold medal in the first ever ‘Asian Online Shooting Championship 2021’ in the men’s 10m air pistol event?
[A] Raja Chari
[B] Bhavya Lal
[C] Ria Prasad
[D] Sourav Chatterjee
- Merv Hughes, a former pace bowler has recently been inducted into the Cricket Hall of Fame by which of the following country?
[B] South Africa
[C] New Zealand
- Ashok Dinda, is an Indian player who among the following has recently announced his retirement from which sports?
- Where did the 13th CEC Ice Hockey Cup 2021 conclude in February 2021?
- Who among the following became the sixth Indian bowler to take 300 wickets in Test cricket in his 98th test against England at Chennai?
[A] Ishant Sharma
[B] Ravichandran Ashwin
[C] Jaspreet Bumrah
[D] Ravindra Jadeja
- Who among the following has won the inaugural ICC Player of the Month award?
[A] Pat Cummins
[B] Steve Smith
[C] Rishabh Pant
[D] Cheteshwar Pujara
- Which Indian Edu-tech company has become the global partner of International Cricket Council from 2021 to 2023?
- NASA recently launched a space supply ship, named after a former black NASA mathematician, who played a key role in the success of the Americas first crewed mission to orbit Earth. Name the pioneering scientist.
[A] Katherine Johnson
[B] Mary Jackson
[C] Dorothy Vaughan
[D] Joylette Goble
- The Supreme Court of which of the following country launched the Artificial Intelligence (AI) based translation software ‘Amar Vasha’ through a virtual event?
[D] Sri Lanka
- Name the country who among the following recently celebrated the first day of the spring called ‘Pahela Phagun’?
- With which country India has signed an agreement to build the Shahtoot Dam?
- Which of the following country conducted military exercise ‘Jidar-ul-Hadeed’?
- Which of the following country has announced to set up world’s largest offshore wind farm by 2030?
[D] South Korea
- Who among the following has been appointed as the first female Director General (DG) of World Trade Organisation (WTO)?
[A] Yoo Myung-hee
[B] Kaja Kallas
[C] Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
[D] Nazhat Shameem Khan
- Who among the following will take over as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Amazon after Jeff Bezos who decided to quit the post by October 2021?
[A] Brian T. Olsavsky
[B] Andrew R. Jassy
[C] Shelley L. Reynolds
[D] Keith B Alexander
- In which of the following countries military has taken power for a year after declaring a state of emergency in response to its claims of election fraud?
[A] Sri Lanka
- Which of the following country received the second batch of 4 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccines, manufactured by India’s Serum Institute, in February 2021?
- Which of the following country has put a probe called Hope in the orbit around the MARS?
[C] United States
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Dhubri Phulbari Bridge that would be India’s longest bridge is being built on which river?
[C] the Brahmaputra
- Which of the following country becomes the top trade partner of India in 2020 surpassing the USA?
[B] Saudi Arabia
- PM Modi has dedicated to the nation, the INDMAX Unit at Bongaigaon Refinery of Indian Oil. The refinery is located in which of the following state?
[A] West Bengal
[D] Tamil Nadu
- Which phase of the Intensified Mission Indradhanush has been launched by the government in 2021?
- Which of the following scheme has completed two year of its implementation in February, 2021?
[A] Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna
[B] Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
[C] Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
[D] Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
- PM Modi will inaugurate the extension of which Metro’s North-South Line from Noapara to Dakshineswar in February 2021?
- Which of the following Indian company is developing a futuristic high altitude pseudo satellite namely Combined Air Teaming System (CATS)?
[A] Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
[B] Indian Space Research Organization
[C] Defence Research Development Organisation
[D] Bharat Electronics Limited
- Which of the following instant messaging platform launched by the National Informatics Centre on the lines of WhatsApp.
- Name the Indian Navy’s largest mega exercise which has been conducted in the Indian Ocean Region.
- In February 2021, the upper ceiling for family pension has been raised from Rs 45,000 to how many rupees per month?
- What is the estimated GDP growth rate of India in FY21 as per ICRA?
- The Union Cabinet has recently approved to impose the President Rule in which of these Union Territories?
[C] Andaman and Nicobar Islands
[D] Jammu and Kashmir
- What is the projected growth rate of the Indian economy by Moody’s in the 2020-21 fiscal?
- As per the Budget 2021, senior citizens above how many years of age with only pension income are exempted from filing tax returns?
- Who introduced the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 in the Rajya Sabha in February 2021?
[A] K. Laxman
[B] Revanth Reddy
[C] T. Raja Singh
[D] G Kishan Reddy
- Who among the following has become the youngest female pilot of India?
[A] Gunjan Saxena
[B] Ayesha Aziz
[D] Avani Chaturvedi
- India’s first geothermal power project will be established in which of the following state/union territories?
[A] Jammu and Kashmir
[C] Himachal Pradesh
[D] Arunachal Pradesh
- RBI projected India’s GDP growth rate at _________ percent for the fiscal year 2021-22.
- By February 2021, a total of how many accounts (in crores) have been opened so far under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)?
- The Ministry of Environment will implement National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) across how many cities in the country to reduce air pollution?
- Which of the following released the report titled “The India Energy Outlook 2021”?
[A] World Bank
[B] International Monetary Fund
[C] International Energy Agency
[D] World Economic Forum
- The India-US joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas 20” commenced in which of the following state of Mahajan Field Firing Range?
[A] Arunachal Pradesh
- Which of the following regulatory body has released the Annual Report of the Ombudsman Schemes for the year 2019-20?
- India’s first ‘Thunderstorm Research Testbed’ is planned to be set up in which of the following state?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
[D] Tamil Nadu
- ‘Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX 21)’, is the Biennial Largest War Game of which of the following entity of Indian defence system?
[A] Indian Navy
[B] Indian Army
[C] Indian Air Force
[D] Indian Coast Guard
- Which of the following state government has launched the “Free Gift Milk to girl students” initiative?
- Which of the following Indian state assembly played the National Anthem after almost 60 years?
- Which of the following state is setting up a Flower Processing Centre to convert unsold flowers into various useful products?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
- The 17th India International Mega Trade Fair & Home Decor Exhibition 2021 was organized in which of the following state?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
[D] Andhra Pradesh
- The 47th Khajuraho Dance Festival was celebrated in which of the following state?
[A] Uttar Pradesh
[C] Madhya Pradesh
- Railways will be fully electrified in three years in which of the following state?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
[C] West Bengal
- Kumbh Mela 2021 will be held from 1st to 30th April in which of the following cities?
- Age-old Kanchoth festival is celebrated in which of the following states/UT?
[C] Daman & Diu
[D] Jammu & Kashmir
- Which of the following state government has recently appointed Hima Das as a Deputy Superintendent of Police in the state?
[A] Arunachal Pradesh
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik laid the foundation stone of India’s biggest international hockey stadium at Rourkela in which of the following district in February 2021?
- The Mandu Festival is celebrated in which state of India?
[D] Madhya Pradesh
- The CM of which of the following state has launched a scheme, ‘Maa’, to provide a meal to the poor for ₹5?
[B] West Bengal
- The third phase of Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar mela was organised in which state in which a financial assistance of 3 thousand rupees to each of 7.5 lakh people who belongs to tea garden areas was distributed?
[A] West Bengal
- Recently, which state has been ranked 1st in the India Justice Report 2020?
[B] Tamil Nadu
- Which of the following state recently set-up a botanical garden named ‘Shivalik Arboretum’?
[B] Himachal Pradesh
- The first-ever amputee Clinic’ of India has been set up in which of the following city?
[B] New Delhi
- Which of the following has become the first Union territory in the country to become Covid-19 free?
[A] Daman & Diu
[B] New Delhi
[D] Andaman and Nicobar Island
- In February 2021, an avalanche/Glacier burst occurred near Rishiganga Power Project at Raini village in which of the following state?
[A] Uttar Pradesh
[D] Himachal Pradesh
- Which state recently launched the Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully (‘SAANS’) campaign?
[C] Uttar Pradesh
[D] Madhya Pradesh
- Who among the following has authored the book titled, ‘#METOO’?
[A] Sahar Mansoor
[B] Avinuo Kire
[C] Karan Puri
[D] Indira Banerjee
- Who among the following has authored the novel titled ‘Bride of the Forest: The Untold Story of Yayati’s Daughter’??
[A] Snigdha Poonam
[B] Madhavi S Mahadevan
[C] Sahar Mansoor
[D] Indira Banerjee
- Who has among the following authored the book titled “Mapping Love”?
[A] Zoya Akhtar
[B] Gauri Shinde
[C] Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
[D] Deepa Mehta
- Who among the following is the author of the book titled ‘Maverick Messiah’?
[A] Shashi Tharoor
[B] Rohinton Mistry
[C] Ramesh Kandula
[D] Vikram Chandra
- ‘ASOCA: A Sutra’, is a book written by who among the following?
[A] Jhumpa Lahiri
[B] Irwin Allan Sealy
[C] Anita Desai
[D] Ramila Thapar
- Who unveiled his seventh book, Fractured Mosaic, in February 2021?
[A] Arshdeep Singh
[B] Kundan Lal Gujral
[C] Amitav Ghosh
[D] Sabarna Roy
- Name the author of the book “The Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Good News”. –
[A] Sarita Mittal
[B] Rashmi Desai
[C] Meghna Pant
[D] Riya Gupta
- Who among the following is the author of the book titled ‘Tipane Kashmirchi’ that features the researched facts about Jammu and Kashmir?
[A] Manoj Sinha
[B] Karan Singh
[C] Arun Karmarkar
[D] Faruk Abdullah
- Who among the following has recently released a book “Unfinished: A Memoir”?
[A] Katrina Kaif
[B] Deepika Padukone
[C] Kangana Ranaut
[D] Priyanka Chopra Jonas
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “Beautiful Things”?
[A] Joe Biden
[B] Hunter Biden
[C] Ivanka Trump
[D] Meena Harris
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “The Little Book of Encouragement”?
[A] Barack Obama
[B] Pope Francis
[C] Dalai Lama
[D] Vladimir Putin
- A Book titled ‘Platform Scale: For a Post-Pandemic World’ which of the following has been authored by ___________.
[A] Kiran Desai
[B] Jhumpa Lahiri
[C] Vikram Seth
[D] Sangeet Paul Choudhary
- ‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’ is a book authored by _____________.
[A] K. K. Venugopal
[B] Mukul Rohatgi
[C] Milon K. Banerji
[D] M Hamid Ansari
- Who among the following has authored the book titled “Turn Around India: 2020 – Surmounting Past Legacy”?
[A] Jual Oram
[B] KC Tyagi
[C] RP Gupta
[D] Arjun Munda
- Which of the following day of the year is observed as World Cancer Day?
[A] First Thursday of February
[B] 02 February
[C] First Monday of February
[D] 04 February
- PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the centenary celebrations of the Chauri Chaura incident on __________.
[A] February 5
[B] February 4
[C] February 3
[D] February 2
- World Leprosy Day is observed across the globe on ________.
[A] 31 January
[B] Last Sunday of January
[C] 30 January
[D] Last Saturday of January
- Which day marks the birth anniversary of former President Dr. Zakir Hussain?
[A] 8 February
[B] 9 February
[C] 10 February
[D] 11 February
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Death Anniversary is observed as ______________
[A] Parakram Diwas
[B] Samarpan Diwas
[C] Sadbhawna Diwas
[D] Shaheed Diwas
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Financial Literacy Week (FLW) from ________, to propagate financial education.
[A] February 4-8, 2021
[B] February 5-9, 2021
[C] February 6-10, 2021
[D] February 8-12, 2021
- In which of the following day, World Radio Day is celebrated on _________ every year.
[A] 15 February
[B] 14 February
[C] 11 February
[D] 13 February
- Which of the following day marks the birth anniversary of Ramakrishna Paramhansa?
[A] 16 February
[B] 17 February
[C] 18 February
[D] 19 February
- The World Day of Social Justice is observed every year on which of the following day?
[A] 17 February
[B] 19 February
[C] 18 February
[D] 20 February
- Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on which date across India?
[A] 20th February
[B] 21st February
[C] 22nd February
[D] 24th February
- World Pulses Day (WPD) is observed every year on ______.
[A] 12th February
[B] 14th February
[C] 13th February
[D] 10th February
- International Epilepsy Day is marked on which of the following day globally?
[A] 9th February
[B] 2nd Monday of February
[C] 2nd Tuesday of February
[D] 10th February
- In which of the following field Nobel laureate Paul J. Crutzen received the award, who has passed away.
[A] Economic Sciences
- Renowned sportsperson and coach Akhtar Ali passed away recently, he was associated with which of the following sport?
- Christopher Plummer is the oldest Oscar-winning actor, who has passed away recently. He was from which of the following country?
[A] New Zealand
- Recently UN World Tourism Organization confirmed 2020 as the ‘worst year on record. Where is the headquarters of UNWTO?
[D] New York
- Where is the headquarter of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) located?
[A] Rome, Italy
[B] Geneva, Switzerland
[C] Paris, France
[D] London, United Kingdom
Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021 Link Below
- Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: January 2021
- Current Affairs India Yearbook 2021 Free PDF Download
- Current Affairs PDF Download: December 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: November 2020
Download Current Affairs Yearbook (January- December 2020): Click Here
January 2021 Complete Current Affairs PDF Download Link: Click Here