Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021
Here are the most important Monthly Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021
Here you can download 120+ Most Important Current Affairs in PDF format. Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021 in the English language is, completely free of cost.
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021 will be beneficial for UPSC IAS, WBCS Prelims+ Mains 2020-21, Railway Recruitment Board Exams, IBPS PO Assistant, RRB NTPC, and other state PSC exams.
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021 download link is available at the end of the post.
Justice N V Ramana to assume charge as next CJI
- The senior-most Supreme Court judge Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India (CJI).
- Justice Ramana would succeed incumbent CJI Sharad Arvind Bobdeto take over as the 48th He would assume charge of the office from April 24, 2021, till August 26, 2022.
- Supreme Court of India Established: 26 January 1950
Subhash Kumar is the newly appointed Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of ONGC.
- Subhash Kumar has assumed the additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) on April 01, 2021.
Former RBI Governor Dr. Urjit Patel appointed as Additional Director of Britannia Industries.
- Former Reserve Bank of India Governor Dr Urjit Patel has been appointed as Additional Director of Britannia Industries with effect from 31st March 2021 for the tenure of 5 years.
CAG GC Murmu selected as external auditor for Hague
- India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), GC Murmu has been chosen as the external auditor by the Hague-based Conference of State Parties of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), for a three-year term starting 2021.
Rekha Menon takes over as first woman chairperson of Nasscom
- Accenture India’s chairperson, Rekha M Menon has been appointed as chairperson of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), becoming the first woman to take the top role in the software lobby group’s 30-year history.
Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra named as next Chief Election Commissioner
- The incumbent Election Commissioner (EC) Sushil Chandra has been named to become the next Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India. He will assume charge with effect from April 13, 2021. He will replace incumbent CEC, Sunil Arora, who will retire on April 12, 2021.
- The Election Commission of India consists of three members, namely Chief Election Commissioner and two Election Commissioners. The two ECs are Rajiv Kumar and Sushil Chandra.
- Election Commission Formed: 25 January 1950; Headquarters: New Delhi;
- First executive of Election Commission: Sukumar Sen.
Cabinet Appoints Tarun Bajaj as new Revenue Secretary
- The Central Government has approved the appointment of Tarun Bajaj as the new Revenue Secretary under the Ministry of Finance.
Shabir Khandwawala appointed new BCCI ACU chief
- Shabir Hussein Shekhadam Khandwawala, who has served as the Gujarat Director General of Police (DGP) before, is the new BCCI Anti-Corruption Unit chief.
- The 70-year-old, a 1973 batch IPS officer, takes over from Ajit Singh whose tenure ended on March 31.
- After retiring as Gujarat DGP in late 2010, Khandwawala worked with the Essar Group as an advisor and was also part of the central government’s Lokpal Search Committee.
- Secretary of BCCI: Jay Shah; President: Sourav Ganguly; Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra; Founded: December 1928.
Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbale receives Saraswati Samman 2020
- Noted Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbale will receive Saraswati Samman, 2020 for his book Sanatan.
- The award carries fifteen lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque. Saraswati Samman, instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991, is recognised as the most prestigious and highest literary award in the country.
Maggie O’Farrell’s Hamnet won the National Book Critics Circle prize for fiction
- Maggie O’Farrell’s Hamnet, an imagined take on the death of Shakespeare’s son from the bubonic plague, has won the National Book Critics Circle prize for fiction.
Rajinikanth to be honoured with the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Awards
- The legendary actor Rajinikanth has been selected to be honoured with the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Awards, the highest film honour in India. The iconic actor Rajinikanth will receive the Dadasaheb Phalke award for 2019 for his stupendous contribution to Indian cinema.
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javedkar announced that the famous actor Rajnikanth has been honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke award 2019.
- The winners of Dada Saheb Phalke Awards for 2017 and 2018 are Vinod Khanna and Amitabh Bacchan
- The first recipient of this award was Devika Rani (1969).
Priyanka Mohite becomes first Indian woman to scale Mt Annapurna
- Priyanka Mohite from Satara in western Maharashtra has scaled Mt Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain peak in the world, becoming the first Indian woman climber to achieve the feat.
- Mount Annapurna is a massif in the Himalayas located in Nepal that includes one peak over 8,000 metres and is considered to be one of the toughest mountains to climb.
Lifetime Achievement Award received by Roberto Benigni
- Director Roberto Benigni will be receiving the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the 78th Venice International Film Festival, which runs from September 1 to 11. The organisers confirmed the news about the two-time Oscar-winning actor-director.
Marathi film Puglya wins Best Foreign Feature at Moscow Film Fest
- The Marathi film “Puglya” has won the Best Foreign Language Feature award at Moscow International Film Festival, 2021.
- The film Puglya has been directed and produced by Vinod Sam Peter under the banner Abraham Films.
74th Edition of BAFTA Awards 2021 announced
- The British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) for the year 2021, has been announced by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. BAFTA 2021 is the 74th edition of the annual award to honour the best national and foreign films of 2020 and early 2021.
- Most Awards: Nomadland (4)
- Best Film: Nomadland
- Best Director: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland)
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Anthony Hopkins (The Father as Anthony)
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Frances McDormand (Nomadland as Fern)
- Best Cinematography: Nomadland (Joshua James Richards)
Guneet Monga conferred with Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters honour
- Acclaimed filmmaker, Guneet Monga to be conferred with honour of the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters (Chevalier dans I’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres).
- It is the second-highest civilian French honour and has earlier been awarded to big Hollywood names like Meryl Streep, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Bruce Willis.
Devishankar Awasthi Award 2020 awarded to Ashutosh Bhardwaj
- The famous Devishankar Awasthi Award has been awarded to the prolific Hindi prose, journalist, and critic Ashutosh Bhardwaj. This honour has been given to him for his work ‘Pitra-Vadh’.
- He was elected by the selection committee of Ashok Vajpayee, Nandkishore Acharya, and Rajendra Kumar.
Alfred Aho Wins the 2020 ACM Turing Award
- Lawrence Gussman Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Alfred V. Ahohas won the 2020 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) A.M. Turing Award, known informally as the “Nobel Prize of computing.” Aho shares the award with his long-time collaborator Jeffrey David Ullman.
- The Turing Award carries a$1 million prize, with financial support provided by Google, Inc. It is named for Alan M. Turing, the British mathematician who articulated the mathematical foundation and limits of computing.
Suman Chakraborty to get 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research
- Professor Suman Chakraborty has been selected for the 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research for his outstanding contribution to engineering science and its applications in developing technologies for affordable healthcare.
- He is a faculty member at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur’s department of mechanical engineering.
- Instituted in 1991, the award recognises eminent Indian scientists below the age of 50 for their original and outstanding contributions to any branch of science or technology. It carries a cash prize of ₹5 lakh.
Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan Receives Kalinga Ratna Samman
- Odisha-born Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswabhusan Harichandanreceived the Kalinga Ratna Samman for 2021.
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu conferred Biswabhusan with the prestigious award in Cuttack on the occasion of the 40th annual dayof the Sarala Sahitya Sansad at the Sarala Bhawan.
Ambedkar Jayanti (April 14) declared as a public holiday
- The central government has declared April 14, Dr BR Ambedkar’s birthday a public holiday.
- Dr B R Ambedkar was the sculptor of the Indian Constitution and the country already celebrates his birthday as Ambedkar Jayanti every year. The government has announced that from this year 14th April will be declared as a public holiday. It will be Ambedkar’s 130th birth anniversary on April 14, 2021.
West Central Railways has become the first fully electrified railway zone of India.
- Indian Railways’ West Central Railway zone gets fully electrified after CCRS Inspection and Commissioning of electrification of Kota – Chittaurgarh railway section (Srinagar – Jalindri) in the state of Rajasthan.
- West Central Railways has become the first fully electrified railway zone in the country. The zonal railway now boasts a 3012 Route Km electrified network.
Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurates first-ever online exhibition on Ramayana
- The Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture ( I/C), Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated the first-ever Online Exhibition on Ramayana, the Epic by Maharishi Valmiki, on the occasion of World Heritage Day 2021.
‘Aahaar Kranti’ mission launched by Health Ministry
- Union Health Minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched Aahaar Kranti, a mission dedicated to spreading awareness about nutrition.
- It is designed to address the peculiar problem of hunger and diseases in abundance, being faced by India and the world.
Narendra Singh Tomar launches Madhukranti portal
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar launched a portal ‘Madhukranti’ and Honey Corners on April 07, 2021, with the aim to bring an increase in income of farmers, employment generation and increase in exports. Madhukranti portal is an initiative of the National Bee Board (NBB).
India completes arch of world’s highest railway bridge in J&K
- The construction of the arch of the world’s highest railway bridge that soars 359 metres above the bed of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir was completed.
- The 1.3-kilometer-long bridge aims to boost connectivity to the Kashmir Valley and it is being constructed at a cost of ₹ 1,486 crores as part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Railway Link (USBRL) project.
- Features of the Arch of the iconic Chenab Bridge:
- The construction of the Chenab bridge was declared as a national project in
- Indian Railways is constructing the iconic Arch Bridge on River Chenab as a part of the USBRL project to connect the Kashmir valley to the rest of the nation.
- This bridge is 1315m long.
- This is the highest Railway Bridge in the world being 359mabove the river bed level.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan approves National Policy for Rare Diseases, 2021
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has approved National Policy for Rare Diseases, 2021.
- The policy aims to lower the high cost of treatment for rare diseases, with an increased focus on indigenous research & local production of medicines.
- The Policy also focuses on early screening and prevention through primary and secondary health care infrastructure such as Health and Wellness Centres and District Early Intervention Centres.
4th batch of three Rafale fighter jets land in India
- The fourth batch of three Rafale fighter jets landed in India after flying non-stop from Istres Air Base France, in a further boost to the strike capability of the Indian Air Force (IAF). The Rafale fighter jets were provided mid-air refuelling by air force tankers of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The three Rafale fighter aircraft which took off from France for India were scheduled to land at the Jamnagar airbase. The planes equipped with the Hammer missiles have enhanced their capability to carry out air-to-ground strikes like the one in Balakot.
Rajasthan becomes the 1st state to provide free health insurance to all
- Rajasthan becomes the first state in the country where the state government is providing free health insurance facility to all the citizens of the state.
- This plan was announced by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in the state budget of 2021-22. The State began the registration for its cashless ‘mediclaim’ scheme Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme.
India’s biggest floating solar power plant to be set up in Telangana
- The biggest floating solar power plant in India is to be set up at Ramagundam in Telangana.
- It is expected to be opened in May 2021. The cost of the project has been estimated as Rs 423 crores. The power plant will have 5 lakh photovoltaic panels.
- The solar power plant is being set up at the Ramagundam Thermal Power Plant reservoir. The project is commissioned by NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation).
J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurates Tulip Festival
- In the Kashmir Valley, Tulip Festival in Srinagar was inaugurated by Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha.
- Over 15 lakh flowers of more than 64 varieties are in full bloom on the foothills of the Zabarwan Mountains.
- The five-day-long Tulip Festival in Asia’s largest tulip garden at the foothills of Zabarwan hills on the banks of world-famous Dal Lake in Srinagar.
Maharashtra: Amboli named as a biodiversity heritage site
- The Maharashtra government has declared an area at Amboli in Western ghats in Sindhudurg district, where a rare freshwater fish species was discovered, as a biodiversity heritage site.
- Schistura is a small and colorful fish that lives in water and streams in an abundance of oxygen.
Joint Military Exercise ‘SHANTIR OGROSHENA’ 2021 conducted between India and Bangladesh
- A multinational Military Exercise named ‘SHANTIR OGROSHENA’ 2021 (Front Runner of the Peace) is scheduled to be held in Bangladesh from April 04 to 12, 2021.
- The theme of the exercise is “Robust Peace Keeping Operations”.
- The exercise is being held to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh ‘Father of the Nation’ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and mark glorious 50 years of liberation of the country.
Miguel Díaz-Canel to succeed Raúl Castro as the President of Cuba
- Miguel Mario Diaz-Canel has been officially sworn in as the ‘First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba’, following the resignation of Raul Castro. The Secretary of the Communist Party is the most powerful position in one party ruling Cuba.
New Zealand Makes World’s 1st Climate Change Law for Financial Firms
- New Zealand is about to become the world’s first country to bring a law into force that demands environmental accountability from financial firms by asking them to report on how their businesses affect climate change.
- Prime minister of New Zealand: Jacinda Ardern; Capital: Wellington; Currency: New Zealand dollar.
US President Biden announces complete troop withdrawal from Afghanistan
- US President Joe Biden has announced that all American troops would be withdrawn from Afghanistan by September 11 this year, thus bringing to end the country’s longest war.
- US troops, as well as forces deployed by our NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Allies and operational partners, will be out of Afghanistan before the 20th anniversary of that heinous attack on September 11 (2001).
- Biden and his team are refining the national strategy to monitor and disrupt significant terrorist threats not only in Afghanistan, but anywhere they may arise — Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and elsewhere.
- Before making the announcement, Biden had spoken with former US presidents Barack Obama and George Bush.
- The US and the Taliban signed a landmark deal in Doha on February 29, 2020, to bring lasting peace in war-torn Afghanistan and allow US troops to return home from America’s longest war.
Singapore becomes the first country to ratify mega free trade agreement ‘RCEP’
- Singapore ratified the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement, the world’s largest free trade agreement, led by In doing so, Singapore became the first among 15 participating countries to ratify RCEP.
- The RCEP must first be ratified by at least six ASEAN and three non-ASEAN member states to come into effect. Once implemented, RCEP would be the world’s largest free trade agreement, covering around one-third of the world’s population and about 30% of the world’s economy.
- RCEP is a multi-nation trade pact, comprising 10 ASEAN economies as well as Australia, China, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea.
- The RCEP was signed by the 15 participating countries in November 2020.
- India had opted out of it in
The United Arab Emirates names its first female astronaut
- The United Arab Emirates named the next two astronauts in its space programme on 10th April, including the country’s first female astronaut.
- Noura al-Matroushi is the UAE’s first female astronaut. The announcement gave no biographical information about her or her male counterpart, Mohammed al-Mulla.
S&P Projects India’s GDP Growth Forecast at 11% in FY22
- The S&P Global Ratings has estimated the Indian economy to grow at 11 per cent in the current fiscal, i.e. 2021-22 (FY22).
- In terms of the sovereign rating, S&P currently has a ‘BBB-‘rating on India with a stable outlook. Earlier, for 2020-21, the S&P estimated the Indian economy to contract 8 per cent.
Care Ratings Projects India’s GDP growth forecast at 10.2% for FY22
- Care Ratings has revised downwards the GDP growth forecast of India to 2 per cent in 2021-22 (FY22). Earlier this was estimated between 10.7-10.9 per cent.
- This cut in the GDP is based on the fact that economic activities are getting affected across the country due to curbs imposed by states amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.
IMF revises GDP growth forecast of India to 12.5% for FY22
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)has raised its growth forecast for the Indian economy by 100 basis points to 5 per cent for the fiscal year 2021-22.
- GDP growth for FY23is pegged at 9 per cent.
- The revised forecast was published in the IMF’s World Economic Outlook. India is the only country among major world economies that is projected to grow at a double-digit rate during FY22.
RBI Monetary Policy: Policy Rate unchanged
- The six-member monetary policy committee of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) headed by Governor Shaktikanta Das, has decided to keep key lending rates unchanged for the fifth consecutive time, in its April 2021 policy review meeting held between April 5 to 7, 2021.
- The Reserve Bank of India is likely to keep policy rates unchanged amid the uncertainty created by a fresh surge in coronavirus infections.
- The key decisions taken in the Monetary Policy Committee meeting are:
- Policy Repo Rate: 4.00%
- Reverse Repo Rate: 3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate: 4.25%
- Bank Rate: 4.25%
- CRR: 3%
- SLR: 18.00%
- RBI Monetary Policy Highlights & Key Decisions:
- The Consumer Price Index of 2022 is predicted to be at 5.1%.
- RBI has also kept the accommodative monetary stance unchanged.
- Meanwhile, the GDP growth of India is projected at 10.5% in the financial year 2021-22.
- RBI is to buy Rs 1 lakh crores of G-Sec under the G-Sec Acquisition Programme.
- The Apex Bank has increased the centre’s Ways and Means Advances by 46%. The current limit is Rs 32,225 crores. It has now been increased to Rs 47,010 crores.
- Maximum End of Pay balance for payment banks has been doubled to Rs 2 lakhs.
- Additional liquidity facility of Rs 50,000 crores announced for NABARD, SIDBI and NHB in 2021-22.
GST revenue collection in March 2021
- India’s economic recovery is gathering steam. The GST collections for the month of March have topped Rs 1.23 lakh crore, setting a new record since the implementation of Goods and Services Tax in July 2017.
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of March 2021 rose to a record of ₹ 1, 23,902 crore of which CGST is ₹ 22,973 crore, SGST is ₹ 29,329 crore, IGST is ₹ 62,842 crore and Cess is ₹ 8,757 crore.
‘The Christmas Pig’: JK Rowling to release new children’s book in October
- JK Rowling has a new book coming this autumn, a festive children’s story with all new characters. The story is about a boy named Jack and his toy Dur Pig, who goes missing on Christmas Eve.
- The book is set to be released worldwide on Oct. 12. “The Christmas Pig” is Rowling’s first children’s novel since Harry Potter.
PM Modi released 4 books related to Babasaheb Ambedkar
- PM Narendra Modi has paid tribute to India’s first law minister and the architect of the Indian Constitution Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar on his birth anniversary and released four books based on his life.
- PM Modi has addressed the 95th Annual Meet and National Seminar of Vice-Chancellors of the Association of Indian Universities via video conferencing and launched four books related to Dr BR Ambedkar, written by Kishor Makwana.
- The four books to be released by the prime minister are Dr Ambedkar Jivan Darshan, Dr Ambedkar Vyakti Darshan, Dr Ambedkar Rashtra Darshan, and Dr Ambedkar Aayam Darshan.
Suresh Raina’s memoir ‘Believe’ to release in 2021
- A book titled ‘Believe – What Life and Cricket Taught Me’, the much-awaited Suresh Raina autobiography is set to hit the bookstands in May 2021. The book is Co-authored by Raina and sports author Bharat Sundaresan.
A book titled exam warriors updated version released by PM Modi
- The updated version of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s book named ‘Exam Warriors’ was launched.
- The book gives out various suggestions to both students and parents to deal with the examination pressure and stress.
PM Modi to release Hindi version of ‘Odisha Itihaas’ by Dr Harekrushna Mahtab
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the Hindi translation of the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’, written by Utkal Keshari Harekrushna Mahtab, on 9th April at the Ambedkar International Center.
A book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’ by Nitin Gokhale
- A new book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’authored by Nitin Gokhale was released.
- It is an attempt to capture Parrikar’s persona — the man, the politician and the patriot.
Tamil Nadu’s Arjun Kalyan becomes 68th Indian Grandmaster
- Tamil Nadu’s, Arjun Kalyan became India’s 68th Chess Grandmaster when he crossed the 2500 ELO mark after beating Dragan Kosic in the fifth round of GM Round Robin “Rujna Zore-3” in Serbia.
- Arjun is coached by IM Saravanan and Ukrainian GM Aleksandr Goloshchapov and began playing chess at the age of nine and got his FIDE rating a year later. Viswanathan Anand became the country’s first Grandmaster, in 1988.
Wisden Award 2021 announced
- To perpetuate the 50th anniversary of the first One-Day International, five ODI cricketers of the decade have been listed in Wisden Almanack’s 2021 edition.
- One cricketer has been selected from each decade between 1971 and 2021, with the Indian captain been granted the award for the 2010s.
- List of winners:
- India captain Virat Kohli Wisden Almanack’s ODI player of the 2010s.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the ODI Cricketer of the 1990s
- Kapil Dev was named as the ODI Cricketer for the 1980s.
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes is ‘Leading Cricketer of the Year’.
- Australia’s Beth Mooney is ‘Leading Women’s Cricketer in the World’.
- West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard was adjudged the ‘Leading T20 Cricketer in the World’.
- Meanwhile, Jason Holder, Mohammed Rizwan, Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley, and Darren Stevens have been awarded the Wisden Cricketers of the Year 2021.
Kane Williamson awarded Sir Richard Hadlee medal
- New Zealand star cricketer Kane Williamson was recently awarded the Sir Richard Hadlee medal. It was his 4th Sir Richard Hadlee award in 6 years.
- On the other hand, the Women’s team all-rounder Amelia Kerr was also honoured along with the upcoming star Devon Conway at the New Zealand Cricket Awards for the 2020-21 season. Meanwhile, Devon Conway was awarded the Men’s Player of the year award in both ODIs and T20s.
FIFA suspends Pakistan and Chad football federations
- FIFA has suspended the Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) and Chadian Football Association (FTFA) with immediate effect due to claims of outside interference.
- The suspension will be lifted once the relevant government decisions have been repealed.
Tashkent to host 2023 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- President of the International Boxing Association (AIBA)Umar Kremlev during his visit to Uzbekistan officially announced that AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships will take place in Tashkent in 2023.
- Uzbekistan Capital: Tashkent; President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev; Currency: Uzbekistani soʻ
Henley Passport Index 2021 released
- Amid the rising COVID-19 cases and subsequent restrictions on travel overseas, when many countries are banning individuals from worst-hit nations, the Henley Passport Index on April 17 released its list of the most powerful passports.
- India stands at number 84 on the list, as the Indian citizens can visit Visa-Free or Visa-on-Arrival in over 58 places. Japan, Singapore and Germany, South Korea stand in Top 3 respectively.
- The Henley Passport Index releases list which measures the world’s most travel-friendly passports. The index ranks the countries based on how strong their passport is.
India ranks 140th in WEF’s gender gap index 2021
- India has slipped 28 places to rank 140 among 156 countries in the Global Gender Gap Report 2021, by World Economic Forum. In 2020, India ranked 112th among 153 countries.
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2021 is the 15th edition of the annual publication by the World Economic Forum.
- Iceland has topped the index as the most gender-equal country in the world for the 12th time. Afghanistan is the worst-performing country in the report.
- Bangladesh is the best performer in South Asia.
India Ranks 87th in WEF Global Energy Transition Index 2021
- India is placed at the 87th position among 115 countries in the 2021 Energy Transition Index (ETI).
- The report is published by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Sweden has topped the 10th edition of the index and Zimbabwe is the last ranked country in the index.
India Ranks 142 in World Press Freedom Index 2021
- India has been placed at 142nd position among 180 countries in the latest World Press Freedom Index 2021, released on April 20, 2021. India was at 142nd position in 2020 as well.
- Norway has retained its top spot for the fifth year running, followed by Finland and Denmark at second and third place respectively. Eritrea is at the bottom of the index at 180th place.
- The index is published every year by the international journalism not-for-profit body, “Reporters Without Borders (RSF)”, to evaluate the press freedom situation in 180 countries and territories.
India ranks 49th in Inclusive Internet Index 2021
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), in partnership with Facebook, has released the Inclusive Internet Index 2021. India has been ranked at 49th spot globally. It shares its rank with
- Top 5 Countries: Sweden, United States, Spain, Australia and Hong Kong.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020 published
- The 2020 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) is released by ShanghaiRanking Consultancy. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore) has secured the top position among the best higher education institutes in India, while Calcutta University became the best varsity in the country, as per the published Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU 2020).
- The Indian institutes are not even in the top 100 list, the best higher education institute, (IISc Bangalore) is in the category of 501- 600.
Jeff Bezos tops Forbes’ Annual Billionaire list fourth year in a row
- The com Inc founder, Jeff Bezos has topped Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list for the fourth consecutive year.
- India’s richest billionaire Mukesh Ambaniranked at 10th position with a total net worth of USD 84.5 billion.
Utkal Divas or Odisha Day is celebrated on 1 April
- Utkal Divas or Utakala Dibasha is celebrated on April 1 every year to remember the formation of the Odisha state after a struggle to be recognised as an independent state.
- Under British rule, Odisha was part of the Bengal presidency, which consisted of the present-day Bihar, West Bengal, and Odisha.
- The state was originally called Orissa but the Lok Sabha passed the Orissa Bill, and Constitution Bill (113rd amendment), in March 2011 to rename it
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik; Capital: Bhubaneswar; Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
World Autism Awareness Day: 02 April
- The World Autism Awareness Day is observed internationally on 2 April every year, to raise awareness about people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) throughout the world.
International Children’s Book Day (ICBD): 02 April
- International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is organised annually on 2nd April since 1967, by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY), an international non-profit organization, to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books.
- Theme 2021: “The Music of Words.”
Nation celebrates 58th edition of National Maritime Day on 5th April 2021
- National Maritime Day in India is observed on 5 April every year. This year is the 58th edition of the National Maritime Day.
- The National Maritime Day is celebrated every year day to illustrate the awareness in supporting intercontinental commerce and the global economy as the most well-organized, safe and sound, environmentally responsive approach of transporting goods from one corner to another corner of the world.
- The National Maritime Day was first celebrated on April 5, 1964. The saga of India shipping first started on April 5, 1919, when the SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd travelled from Mumbai to the United Kingdom (London). On this day an award called “Varuna” is conferred to those who made an outstanding contribution to the Indian maritime sector.
International Day of Conscience: 5 April
- The United Nations declares April 5 as International Day of Conscience. This day serves to remind people to self-reflect, follow their conscience, and do the right things.
- This Day is observed every year on 5th April and the first International Conscience Day was observed in 2020.
World Health Day observed globally on 7 April
- The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated on 7 April every year.
- The Theme of World Health Day 2021: “Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone”.
CRPF Valour Day: 09 April
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas) is observed on 9 April every year, as a tribute to the brave men of the Force. 2021 marks the 56th CRPF Valour Day.
- It was on this day in 1965, a small contingent of CRPF created history by defeating an invading Pakistani army, many a time larger, at the Sardar Post located in the Rann of Kutch, Gujarat. The CRPF men eliminated 34 Pakistani soldiers and captured four alive. In the conflict, CRPF lost six personnel who had attained martyrdom.
World Homeopathy Day: 10 April
- World Homeopathy Day is celebrated every year on April 10 to spread awareness about homeopathy and its contribution to the world of medicine.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of the German physician Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, who is considered the founder of the system of alternative medicine called Homeopathy. The year 2021 marks the 266th birthday of Hahnemann.
World Parkinson’s Day: April 11
- Every year, April 11 is observed as World Parkinson’s Day to raise awareness of Parkinson’s disease, which is a progressive nervous system disorder.
- The day marks the birthday of Dr. James Parkinson from London, who was the first person to systematically described the six individuals with the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
National Safe Motherhood Day: 11 April
- National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on April 11 every year. National Safe Motherhood Day is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI), to enforce that women must have availability and adequate access to care during pregnancy childbirth and postnatal services.
- The day also marks the birth anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi,the wife of the father of Nation Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi.
Pohela Boishakh (Subho Noboborsho) 2021
- Pohela Boishakh, also known as Bengali New Year, is the traditional New Year day of the Bengali people.
- The festival date is set according to the lunisolar Bengali calendar as the first day of its first month Baishakh. However, the festival falls on April 14 or April 15 every year in India.
- In Bengali, Pohela stands for ‘first’ and Boishakh is the first month of the Bengali calendar. The festival is celebrated with processions, fairs and family time. Bengalis all over the world celebrate New Year by on this day by greeting each other by saying Shubho Nobobarsho.
Ambedkar Jayanti: 14 April
- Ambedkar Jayanti (also known as Bhim Jayanti) is an annual festival observed on 14 April to commemorate the birth anniversary of Babasaheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar who was born on 14 April 1891.
- The Day has been observed as an official public holiday throughout India since 2015. In 2021, we are marking the 130th birth anniversary of Babasaheb. Dr Ambedkar is known as the Father (chief architect) of the Indian Constitution.
- He was the first Law and Justice Minister of the country after the independence. Dr Bhim has been bestowed with the country’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna in 1990
102 years of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre: 13 April
- The Jallianwala Bagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, took place on 13 April 1919.This year we commemorate the 102nd anniversary of the terror that shook the entire country to a standstill.
- The Jallianwalabagh garden has been converted into a memorial. And thousands of people on this day come to pay their respects to the martyred men, women, who were killed on that fateful day for the nation.
- Acting Brigadier-General Reginald Dyer ordered troops of the British Indian Army to fire their rifles into a crowd of unarmed Indian civilians in Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab. General Dyer, the British India army officer, felt the people gathering for such a cause was anti-national.
- He ordered the 50 of his troops consisting of Sikh, Gurkha, Baluchi, and Rajput to open fire on the unarmed men and women. The resulting figures would make you go numb as 379 men and women were killed for no fault of theirs and 1100 injured.
World Hemophilia Day: 17 April
- World Hemophilia Day observed globally on 17 April every year. This day is observed to raise awareness for hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
- The date was chosen in honour of the World Federation of Hemophilia founder Frank Schnabel This year is the 30th edition of World Haemophilia Day.
World Heritage Day observed globally on 18 April
- World Heritage Day observed globally on 18 April every year. The day is observed to raise awareness about the cultural heritage that we see around us.
- This year’s theme “Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures” reflects on the need to acknowledge global calls for greater inclusion and recognition of diversity.
UN Chinese Language Day observed globally on 20 April
- UN Chinese Language Day is observed globally on April 20 every year. The day has been chosen to pay tribute to Cangjie, who is a mythical figure who is presumed to have invented Chinese characters about 5,000 years ago.
National Civil Services Day: 21 April
- In India, ‘Civil Services Day is celebrated on April 21 every year. It is a day to appreciate the tremendous work done by officers engaged in public administration, in various departments of the central and state governments.
- The Government of India chose April 21 as the National Civil Service Day as on this day the country’s first home minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the newly appointed Administrative Services Officers in
- The historic occasion took place at the Metcalf House in Delhi. In his address, he called Civil Servants, the ‘Steel Frame of India’.
International Mother Earth Day: 22 April
- Earth Day or International Mother Earth Day is observed globally on 22 April every year. The Day will be celebrated all over the world to spread awareness for Earth’s wellbeing and to encourage people to support environmental protection.
- World Earth Day 2021 will mark the 51st Anniversary of the day since it started being observed in 1970. Earth Day was renamed officially by the UN in 2009 as International Mother Earth Day.
- The theme of 2021 International Mother Earth Day is Restore Our Earth.
- It was in the year 1970 when about 20 million Americans realized that protecting Mother Earth is an absolutely crucial need. Hence, it was this year when Earth Day was observed for the very first time.
World Book and Copyright Day: 23 April
- The World Book and Copyright Day (also known as ‘International Day of the Book’ and ‘World Book Day’), is an annual event organized on April 23 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to promote reading, publishing, and copyright.
- April 23 is chosen because it marks the birth and death of several prominent authors. For instance, William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes, and Josep Pla died on April 23 and Manuel Mejia Vallejo and Maurice Druon were born on April 23.
- As a part of the Day, UNESCO selects the World Book Capital every year for a one-year period, effective 23 April each year. TheWorld Book Capital for 2021 is Tbilisi, Georgia.
UN English Language Day & UN Spanish Language Day: 23 April
- The UN English Language Day and UN Spanish Language Day is observed annually on 23 April.
- For English, 23 April has been chosen to mark both the birthday and date of death of William Shakespeare.
- For the Spanish Language, the Day was chosen because the day is also observed as Hispanic Day in Spain, meaning the Spanish speaking world.
Eminent Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh passes away
- Noted Bengali poet, Shankha Ghosh has passed away following COVID-19 complications. He was known by his pen name
- He was honoured with numerous awards for his contribution to Bengali literature, some of which includes: Padma Bhushan in 2011, the Jnanpith Award in 2016, and the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1977 for his book ‘Babarer Prarthana‘, as well as Saraswati Samman and Rabindra Puraskar among other awards.
Former RBI Governor Maidavolu Narasimham passes away
- The former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Maidavolu Narasimham, has passed away. He was famously known as the “Father of Indian Banking Reforms”.
- He was the 13th Governor of RBI and served from May 2, 1977, to November 30, 1977. He was known for being the chair of two high-powered committees on banking and financial sector reforms.
Adobe co-founder and PDF developer Charles Geschke passes away
- American computer scientist Charles Geschke, best known as the co-founder of graphics and publishing software company Adobe Inc, has passed away. Geschke co-founded Adobe company in 1982 with fellow mate John Warnock.
- Geschke, who was widely known as Chuck, also helped in developing the popular Portable Document Format (PDF).
Hockey Player Balbir Singh Junior passed away
- Balbir Singh Junior, who was a member of the silver medal-winning 1958 Asian Games Indian hockey team passed away.
Legendary shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty Passes away
- Legendary shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty passed away due to Covid-19.
- The Dronacharya awardee had trained some of the finest Indian shooters including Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang, Anjali Bhagwat and Suma Shirur, Deepali Deshpande, Anuja Jung and Ayonika Paul.
India’s first female cricket commentator Chandra Naidu passes away
- India’s first female cricket commentator Chandra Naidupassed away. She was the daughter of the country’s first Test captain CK Naidu.
- She had also penned a book titled ‘CK Nayudu: A Daughter Remembers’on her late father, who was a distinguished cricketer.
Russian Vaccine Sputnik V gets emergency use authorization in India
- The Central drug regulator, DCGA has approved emergency use authorisation of the Russian Vaccine, Sputnik V.
- It has now become the third vaccine to get emergency use authorisation from the drug regulator after Covishield and Covaxin.
“Ever Given” container ship refloated successfully in the Suez Canal
- The giant container ship “Ever Given” that blocked traffic in the Suez Canal for the last week resumed its journey, after being successfully refloated.
- The efforts to float the delinquent Panamanian container ship Ever Given are successful.
Indian Army Officer Bharat Pannu Breaks 2 Guinness World Records
- Indian Army’s Lieutenant Colonel, Bharat Pannu has earned two Guinness World Records for his fastest solo cycling feats from October 2020. The first record was created when Lt Col Pannu cycled from Leh to Manali (472 km distance) on October 10, 2020, in just 35 hours and 25 minutes.
- Lt Col Pannu created a second record when he cycled the 5,942-km-long ‘Golden Quadrilateral’ route, which connects Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata, in 14 days, 23 hours and 52 minutes.
RBI deputy governor BP Kanungo retires
- BP Kanungohas stepped down from the post of the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India after his term ended on 2 April, cutting short all expectations of an extension of his tenure.
- He was appointed deputy governor in 2017for three years. His term was extended by one more year in 2020. The other deputy governors of the RBI are Rajeshwar Rao, M.K. Jain and Michael Patra.
PhonePe becomes 1st player to cross billion-transaction mark on UPI
- Bengaluru-based digital payments and financial services company, PhonePehas become the first company to cross one billion transactions on Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
- CEO of Phonepe: Sameer Nigam; Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Noted Marathi writer _____________ will receive Saraswati Samman, 2020 for his book Sanatan.
[A] Kaustubh Kasture
[B] Sharankumar Limbale
[C] Anna Bhau Sathe
[D] Gopal Ganesh Agarkar
- Who has been honored with the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2019?
[A] Amitabh Bachchan
[C] Raj Kapoor
- Who among the following has been selected for the 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research?
[A] Rajesh Gopakumar
[B] Umesh Vasudeo Waghmare
[C] Sanjay Mittal
[D] Suman Chakraborty
- Who among the following has topped Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list 2021?
[A] Jeff Bezos
[B] Elon Musk
[C] Bill Gates
- Who has been awarded the famous Devishankar Awasthi Award 2021?
[A] Ashutosh Bhardwaj
[B] Arnab Goswami
[C] Barkha Dutt
[D] Rajdeep Sardesai
- Who has been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2021?
[A] Bobby Lashley
[B] Braun Strowman
[C] Bray Wyatt
[D] Great Khali
- Which Institution has won the number one rank in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2020 also known as Shanghai Ranking?
[A] Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
[B] Calcutta University
[C] Jawaharlal Nehru University
[D] Aligarh Muslim University
- Which film has won the best picture at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) 2021?
[A] Lost Girl
[C] The Call of the Wild
- Acclaimed _________ Guneet Monga is to be conferred with honour of the Knight of the Order of Arts, a civilian French honour.
[A] Theatre Artist
[D] Fashion Designer
- Which of the following film has won the Best Foreign Language Feature award at Moscow International Film Festival, 2021?
- Who has been named for the Lifetime Achievement award at the 78th Venice International Film Festival?
[A] Steven Spielberg
[B] Roberto Benigni
[C] Martin Scorsese
[D] Quentin Tarantino
- Which University finds a top position in the 3rd edition of Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021?
[A] University of Manchester, UK
[B] University of Sydney, Australia
[C] RMIT University, Australia
[D] Harvard University, USA
- Who becomes the first Indian woman to scale Mount Annapurna- the 10th highest mountain peak in the world?
[A] Priyanka Mohite
[B] Malavath Poorna
[C] Tashi Malik
[D] Santosh Yadav
- Who among the following takes the additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)?
[A] Subhash Kumar
[B] Mukhmeet S. Bhatia
[C] Sanjeev Kumar
[D] Pravin Srivastava
- Who has been appointed as Additional Director of Britannia Industries?
[A] Ajay Kumar Bhalla
[B] Pramod Kumar Misra
[C] Utpal Kumar Singh
[D] Urjit Patel
- Who has been appointed as the head of the BCCI’s Anti-Corruption Unit?
[A] Shabir Hussein Shekhadam Khandwawala
[B] Ajit Singh
[C] Adil Zainulbhai
[D] Anish Shah
- Who has been appointed as the 48th Chief Justice of India?
[A] Rohinton Fali Nariman
[B] N V Ramana
[C] Uday U. Lalit
[D] Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new revenue secretary under the Ministry of Finance?
[A] Ajay Bhushan Pandey
[B] Tarun Bajaj
[C] Ajay Seth
[D] Gyanesh Kumar
- Who among the following has been appointed the mission director of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)?
[A] Ramanan Ramanathan
[B] Chintan Vaishnav
[C] Arindam Bagchi
[D] Rakesh Asthana
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
[A] Sushil Chandra
[B] Rajiv Kumar
[C] Chintan Vaishnav
[D] Subhash Kumar
- Who has been appointed as the first woman director-general of the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)?
[A] Soma Mondal
[B] Shyamala Gopinath
[C] Mallika Srinivasan
[D] Poonam Gupta
- According to the Global Gender Gap Report 2021, which of the following country is the best performer in South Asia?
- What is India’s rank in the ‘Inclusive Internet Index’ 2021 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit along with Facebook?
- What is India’s rank in the Henley Passport Index: Q2 2021 Global Ranking?
- What is the rank of India on the World Press Freedom Index, released in April 2021?
- Which team has won the maximum medals top finish at the top place in the medal table in the 2021 ISSF World Cup New Delhi?
[D] South Korea
- Who has won the Bahrain Grand Prix 2021?
[A] Sebastian Vettel
[B] Charles Leclerc
[C] Max Verstappen
[D] Lewis Hamilton
- The 2023 Men’s Boxing World Championships will be held in which of the following country?
- Which of the following country would not be participating in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics due to concerns over Covid-19?
[A] South Korea
[B] North Korea
- Who among the following became the first Indian woman sailor to qualify for the Olympics after she was assured of a top-place finish in the laser radial event of the Asian Qualifiers in Oman?
[A] Reshma Nilofer Naha
[B] Nethra Kumanan
[C] Varsha Gautham
[D] Harshita Toma
- Dutee Chand, the Jakarta Asian Games silver-medalist in 100 and 200 meters, will receive Veerni Award instituted by which state?
[B] West Bengal
- The 2021 Davis Cup (Tennis) Finals will be held in which of the following cities?
[D] Both 1 and 2
[E[ All 1, 2 and 3
- Who has been named Wisden’s leading cricketer of the year for the second consecutive year?
[A] Rohit Sharma
[B] Kieron Pollard
[C] Kane Williamson
[D] Ben Stokes
- Who has been given the 2021 ‘Leading Woman Cricketer in the World’ award by Wisden’?
[A] Beth Mooney
[B] Mithali Raj
[C] Smriti Mandhana
[D] Ellyse Perry
- Who has won a gold medal in the Asian Wrestling Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan, in April 2021?
[A] Sakshi Malik
[B] Vinesh Phogat
[C] Sarita Mor
[D] Divya Kakran
- In April 2021, who set a new world record in Clean and Jerk by lifting 119 kg at Asian Weightlifting Championships?
[A] Jhili Dalabehera
[B] Mirabai Chanu
[C] P Anuradha
[D] Achinta Sheuli
- Who among the following has won the Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix 2021, in Imola, Italy?
[A] Max Verstappen
[B] Lewis Hamilton
[C] Lando Norris
[D] Sebastian Vettel
- Tamil Nadu’s, ____________ became India’s 68th Chess Grandmaster.
[A] Santosh Gujrathi
[B] Arjun Kalyan
[C] SP Sethuraman
[D] Surya Shekhar Ganguly
- FIFA has suspended which of the following country federation due to claims of outside interference?
[A] China Football Federation
[B] India Football Federation
[C] Japan Football Federation
[D] Pakistan Football Federation
- Who becomes the United Arab Emirates’s first female astronaut?
[A] Noura al-Matroushi
[B] Hind Al-Abadleh
[C] Habiba Alsafar
[D] Lama AlAbdi
- Guillermo Lasso elected the new President of which country?
[A] the Bahamas
- ‘Lost golden city of Luxor’ discovered by archaeologists in __________.
- US President Joe Biden has announced that all American troops would be withdrawn from ___________ by September 11, 2021.
- The World Book Capital for 2021 is __________
[A] Athens, Greece
[B] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[C] Tbilisi, Georgia
[D] Conakry, Guinea
- How many MoUs have been signed between India and Bangladesh recently during the visit of PM Modi?
- Which railway zone became 100% fully electrified recently?
[A] West Central
[D] North Central
- Indian Railways completed the Arch closure of the iconic Chenab Bridge in April 2021. What is the length of the bridge?
[A] 1034 m
[B] 1187 m
[C] 1245 m
[D] 1315 m
- What is the repo rate decided by the monetary policy committee of the Reserve Bank of India in April 2021?
- What is the current Cash reserve Ratio (CRR) as per RBI Monetary Policy?
- Name the artificial intelligence portal recently launched by the Supreme Court of India.
[B] Supreme AI
- IMF has upgraded its growth projection for India to ______ for Financial Year 2021-22 in its latest World Economic Outlook report.
- Which of the following has advised ‘proning for self-care’ for coronavirus patients?
[A] NITI Aayog
[B] Union Health Ministry
[C] WHO India
- Who participated in the Dandi Yatra from Delad to Surat in April 2021 covering a distance of 17 kilometers?
[A] Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
[B] Sarbananda Sonowal
[C] Pema Khandu
[D] Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Which state celebrated its 86th statehood day on 1 April 2021?
- The state was originally called Orissa but the Lok Sabha passed the Orissa Bill under ________ in March 2011 to rename it Odisha.
[A] 109th amendment
[B] 111th amendment
[C] 120th amendment
[D] 113th amendment
- Maati Festival is celebrated in which of the following part of India?
[B] North East
- In April 2021, which state has passed the Freedom of Religion Act 2003 Bill that penalizes forcible or fraudulent religious conversion by marriage?
- The Governor of which state has been conferred the ‘Kalinga Ratna’ award for the year 2021?
[B] Himachal Pradesh
[D] Andhra Pradesh
- Which state is set to become India’s 1st State to have 2 Green Energy Efficient towns?
[D] Madhya Pradesh
- Which state recently became the first to provide health insurance for all its residents?
[B] West Bengal
- India’s biggest floating solar power plant with a capacity of 100 megawatts is expected to become operational in which state?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
[B] Tamil Nadu
- Which Municipal Corporation has issued India’s first municipal green bonds?
- A book titled “Names of the Women” authored by __________.
[A] Ruskin Bond
[B] Salman Rushdie
[C] Vikram Seth
[D] Jeet Thayil
- Who is the co-author of the autographical book “I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban”?
[A] Christina Lamb
[B] Rachel Johnson
[C] Anna Richardson
[D] Anna Wintour
- The updated version of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s book named ‘Exam Warriors’ was launche[D] Exam Warriors, first published in _______.
- Who has authored the book titled “Suparipalana” released by the Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu?
[B] Shailendra Kumar Joshi
[C] R Gopalakrishnan
[D] R Narayanan
- Who has authored the book titled “India’s Power Elite: Class, Caste and a Cultural Revolution”?
[A] Sanjaya Baru
[B] Brijesh Mishra
[C] Rajdeep Sardesai
[D] Prabhu Chawla
- “Believe — What Life and Cricket Taught Me” is a memoir of which Indian cricketer?
[A] Mahendra Singh Dhoni
[B] Suresh Raina
[C] Zaheer Khan
[D] Virendra Sehwag
- Who is the author of the new children’s book “The Christmas Pig”?
[A] Roald Dahl
[B] Ruskin Bond
[C] George Orwell
[D] JK Rowling
- International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is organized every year on which date to inspire the love of reading and to call attention to children’s books?
[A] 1st April
[B] 2nd April
[C] 3rd April
[D] 4th April
- The Centre has announced a public holiday on which day on account of the birth anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar?
[A] 11 April
[B] 12 April
[C] 13 April
[D] 14 April
- Easter, which marks the resurrection of Jesus Christ after he was crucified on Good Friday, was observed which day in 2021?
[A] 1 April
[B] 2 April
[C] 3 April
[D] 4 April
- International Day of Conscience is celebrated every year on which date?
[A] 4th April
[B] 5th April
[C] 6th April
[D] 7th April
- What is the theme of World Health Day 2021?
[A] Year of the Nurse and Midwife
[B] Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone
[C] Universal Health Coverage: everyone, everywhere
[D] Together on the front lines against diabetes
- Central Reserve Police Force Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas) is observed on _______ every year.
[A] 6 April
[B] 7 April
[C] 8 April
[D] 9 April
- What is the theme of World Homeopathy Day 2021?
[A] Enhancing Quality Research in Homeopathy
[B] Homoeopathy in public health
[C] Enhancing the scope of Homoeopathy
[D] Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine
- World Haemophilia Day observed globally on _________ every year.
[A] 15 April
[B] 14 April
[C] 16 April
[D] 17 April
- UN Chinese Language Day is observed globally on _______ every year.
[A] April 21
[B] April 20
[C] April 19
[D] April 18
- In India, ‘National Civil Services Day’ is celebrated every year on which date?
[A] April 18
[B] April 19
[C] April 20
[D] April 21
- What is the theme of International Mother Earth Day 2021?
[A] Restore Our Earth
[B] Environmental and Climate Literacy
[C] Water Wonderful World
[D] Clean Earth, Green Earth
- World Book Copyrights Day is celebrated every year on which date by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)?
[A] 20th April
[B] 21st April
[C] 22nd April
[D] 23rd April
- Which day marks the 405th death anniversary of the world’s pre-eminent dramatist, William Shakespeare?
[A] 21 April
[B] 22 April
[C] 23 April
[D] 24 April
- Nobel Laureate Isamu Akasaki of Japan has passed away recently. He won the Nobel Prize in which field?
- India’s first __________ minister Digvijaysinh Jhala passed away recently.
[A] Law and Justice
[B] Panchayati Raj
[C] Fisheries and Animal Husbandry
- Who among the following is India’s first female cricket commentator who recently passed away?
[A] Isa Guha
[B] Lisa Sthalekar
[C] Chandra Naidu
[D] Mayanti Langer
- Prince Philip passed away recently. He was from which country?
- Renowned sportsman and coach Sanjay Chakravarty passed away recently, he was associated with which sport?
- Balbir Singh Junior, who was a member of the silver medal-winning 1958 Asian Games Indian _________ team passed away.
- Name the American computer scientist, who best known as the co-founder of graphics and publishing software company Adobe Inc, has passed away recently.
[A] Paul Allen
[B] Charles William Bachman
[C] Frances E. Allen
[D] Charles Geschke
- Name the former governor of the Reserve Bank of India also known as “Father of Indian Banking Reforms”, who passed away recently?
[A] S Jagannathan
[B] N C Sen Gupta
[C] Maidavolu Narasimham
[D] S Venkitaramanan
- Renowned personality Sankha Ghosh passed away recently, he was a veteran ______.
- Nirmala Sitharaman has attended the 2nd Virtual G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting. Which of the following country is the president of the meeting?
- India has contributed an additional $500,000 to the United Nations Trust Fund for Counter-Terrorism. The UN Office of Counter-Terrorism, established in ______.
- India formally handed over Rs 100 crore patrol vessel “PS Zoroaster” to Seychelles. What is the capital of Seychelles?
[A] Anse Boileau
[B] Beau Vallon
- Name the first mutual fund house in India to cross the Rs. 5 lakh crore average assets under management (AAUM) mark.
[A] Axis Mutual Fund
[B] SBI Mutual Funds
[C] Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
[D] Baroda Mutual Fund
- Jallianwala Bagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, took place on __________.
[A] 13 April 1919
[B] 13 April 1918
[C] 13 April 1917
[D] 13 April 1916
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021 Link Below
- Current Affairs PDF Download: April- May 2022
- Current Affairs PDF Download: October 2021- March 2022
- Current Affairs PDF Download: September 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: August 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: July 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: May 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2021
- Current Affairs PDF Download: January 2021
- Current Affairs India Yearbook 2021 Free PDF Download
Download Current Affairs Yearbook (January- December 2020): Click Here
March 2021 Complete Current Affairs PDF Download Link: Click Here