Here are the most important Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020
Here you can download 180+ Current Affairs in PDF format. Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020 in the English language is, completely free of cost.
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020 will be beneficial for UPSC IAS, WBCS Prelims+ Mains 2020-21, Railway Recruitment Board Exams, IBPS PO Assistant, RRB NTPC and other state PSC exams.
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020 download link is available at the end of the post.
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020
- India Ranks 142nd in World Press Freedom Index 2020
- Norway has topped the World Press Freedom Index 2020.
- India was ranked 142nd in the Index while Pakistan and China were placed at 145th and 177th position respectively.
- IMF releases “World Economic Outlook”
- IMF has reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate from 5.8% to 1.9% in the fiscal year 2020-21.
- Bombay, Meghalaya & Orissa high courts to get new chief justices
- Dipankar Datta- Bombay High Court
- Biswanath Somadder- Meghalaya High Court
- Mohammad Rafiq- Orissa High Court
- National Panchayati Raj Day: 24 April
- A new permanent bridge has been constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to link Kasowal enclave in Punjab with rest of India.
- This new permanent bridge has been constructed on the river Ravi.
- India’s oldest National Park, Jim Corbett National Park becomes India’s 1st quarantine facility for animals with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Iran has successfully launched its first-ever military satellite named “Noor” into the orbit.
- Sports journalist, V. Krishnaswamy, authored a book titled “Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P.V. Sindhu”, released.
- Kapil Dev Tripathi has been appointed as the Secretary to the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind.
- Adam Higginbotham’s book “Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World’s Greatest Nuclear Disaster” wins the William E. Colby Award.
- The Government of India celebrates Civil Services Day on 21st April every year.
- The day was celebrated for the first time on 21 April 2006.
- Civil Services Day is celebrated on this day to commemorate the address of the first Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel to the probationers of Administrative Services Officers in 1947 at Metcalf House, Delhi.
- Earth Day or International Mother Earth Day is observed globally on 22 April every year.
- The theme of Earth Day 2020: Climate Action.
- English Language Day is observed globally on 23 April every year.
- The Day marks the birthday and date of death of famed writer William Shakespeare.
- World Malaria Day is observed globally on 25 April every year.
- The theme of World Malaria Day 2020 is “Zero malaria starts with me.”
- World Meteorological Day observed on 23 March.
- India celebrates “Shaheed Diwas” on 23 March.
- India ranks 120th in Index of Economic Freedom.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)announced that the merger of 10 state-run banks into four lenders came into effect on 1 April.
- United Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) into Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank
- Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank into Union Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank
- Tokyo Olympics games rescheduled to 2021 July.
- World Athletics Championships rescheduled to 2022 due to Tokyo Olympics.
- Utkal Diwas, meaning Odisha day, is observed on 1 April in Odisha every year.
- The day marks the formation of the state in the year 1936.
- The State is bordered by West Bengal and Jharkhand to the north; Andhra Pradeshto the south; Chhattisgarh to the west.
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed on 2 April.
- The theme of the 2020 World Autism Awareness Day is “The transition of adulthood.“
- China is to host the third edition of the Asian Youth Games (AYG)in Shantou in November 2021.
- Mahavir Jayanti is celebrated on 6 April.
- Pravin Rao is appointed as the new chairman of Nasscom
- TheUnited Nations warned that the world countries face the most challenging crisis since World War II.
- International Day of Conscience is observed on 5 April.
- National Maritime Dayis celebrated on 5 April in India.
- World Health Day is celebrated on 7 April
- The WHO has named2020 as the ‘International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife’.
- April 13, 2020 marked the 101st anniversary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
- National Safe Motherhood Day observed 11 April.
- India became the first country to officially declare a National Safe Motherhood Day in the world.
- World homeopathy day is celebrated on 10 April.
- CRPF celebrated 55th CRPF Valour Day on 9 April.
- Hangpan Dada Bridge built by Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) is located in Arunachal Pradesh. CM- Pema Khandu.
- N Kamakodi re-appointed as MD & CEO of City Union Bank: RBI. Headquarters– Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu.
- HSBC appoints Noel Quinn as Chief Executive Officer. Headquarters– London, United Kingdom (UK).
- World Creativity and Innovation Day 2020: April 21
- National Civil Service Day 2020: April 21
- A book titled “How the Onion Got Its Layers” authored by Sudha Murty.
- World Liver Day 2020: April 19
- UN Chinese Language Day: 20th April
- Rajasthan: First Indian State to carry out Rapid Testing for Covid-19
- World Heritage Day 2020: April 18
- World chess champion Viswanathan Anand becomes ambassador of WWF India’s environment education programme.
- Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P V Sindhu authored by Krishnaswamy V
- World Haemophilia Day 2020: April 17
- World Art Day 2020: April 15
- India’s Limited-overs vice-captain Rohit Sharma becomes brand ambassador for “CricKingdom”
- China releases 4th Asian Para Games 2022 mascot as ‘Fei Fei’ bird
- 1st International Mathematics Day 2020: March 14
- Uttar Pradesh became first state to initiate Pool Testing of COVID-19
- Algerian Novelist Abdelouahab Aissaoui wins 13th International Arab fiction prize 2020
- Tata Power wins Edison Award 2020 for social innovation
- MS Dhoni appointed as the brand ambassador of PokerStars India
- International Day of Action for Rivers 2020: March 14
- Indian Army observes 36th Siachen day on April 13, 2020
Here are some sample questions from the April 2020 English Current Affairs PDF. 180+ MCQ is provided in the PDF.
- Which Indian newspaper that used to get published in the United States for 50 years has ceased its printed edition?
A. India Bulletin
B. India Currents
C. Biz India
D. India Abroad
- Who is the first Tirthankara?
- How many teams participated in ICC Women’s T20 World Cup?
- Who is the President of the United Nations General Assembly?
A. John William Ashe
B. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
C. Peter Thomson
D. Osvaldo Aranha
- Where is volcano Anak Krakatau located?
- When did the Jallianwala Bagh massacre take place?
(A) April 13, 1919
(B) April 11, 1919
(C) April 12, 1919
(D) April 12, 1920
- Who was the first-ever human to journey to outer space?
(A) Yuri Gagarin
(B) Neil Armstrong
(C) Buzz Aldrin
(D) Alan Shepard
- National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) is located which of the following city –
- Who is the present AYUSH minister (MoS- Independent charge)?
A. Arjun Munda
B. Shripad Yesso Naik
C. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
D. Jual Oram
- Who is the present chairman of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)?
A. Shiv Nadar
B. Atul Sobti
C. V.K. Saxena
D. Anita Karwal
Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020 MCQ PDF Download Link Below
Sharing is caring and enable us to work even more dedicated
- Current Affairs PDF Download: July 2020
- Previous 6 Month’s 800+ Important Current Affairs PDF (January-June 2020)
- Previous 6 month’s Important Current Affairs of West Bengal (January- June 2020)
- Current Affairs PDF Download: June 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: May 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: April 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: March 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: February 2020
- Current Affairs PDF Download: January 2020
- Current Affairs GK MCQ: 08-14 January 2020