Current Affairs Update 15-21 May 2021
Here is the Daily Current Affairs Update 15-21 May May 2021 covering the following news headlines: Andrea Meza crowned 69th Miss Universe 2020, Shankar Balasubramanian won euro tech Nobel prize, Kobe Bryant Inducted Posthumously Into Basketball Hall Of Fame, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank receives ‘International Invincible Gold Medal’, etc.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for WBCS or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. Aspirants shall have a clear view of the whereabouts of the world on a daily basis.
So, here is the Daily Current Affairs Update 15-21 May 2021 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the Current Affairs Update 15-21 May 2021 Quiz.
Latest Current Affairs Update 15-21 May 2021
Awards & Recognitions
Suresh Mukund becomes the first Indian to win the annual ‘World Choreography Award 2020.′
- The Emmy Award-nominated Indian choreographer Suresh Mukund, has won the 10th Annual ‘World Choreography Award 2020’, (also known as Choreo Awards), becoming the first Indian to win the prestigious honor.
- He won the award in the ‘TV REALITY SHOW/COMPETITION’category, for his work on the hit American TV reality show ‘World of Dance’.
Andrea Meza crowned 69th Miss Universe 2020
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza has been crowned as the 69th Miss Universe 2020.
- On the other hand, Miss India’s Adeline Quadros Castelino made it to the Top 4.
DNA sequencing pioneers from Cambridge win 1 million euro tech Nobel prize
- Two British chemists who developed a super-fast DNA sequencing technique that paved the way for revolutionary healthcare advances were awarded Finland’s version of the Nobel science prizes.
- Cambridge University professors Shankar Balasubramanian and David Klenerman took home the 1 million euro ($1.22 million) Millennium Technology Prize for their work over 27 years creating ever faster and cheaper ways to sequence the human genome.
Kobe Bryant Inducted Posthumously Into Basketball Hall Of Fame
- Los Angeles Lakers legend, Kobe Bryant has been posthumously inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Los Angeles Lakers great Bryant retired in 2016; he was the NBA Most Valuable Player in The five-time NBA champion died, aged 41, in a helicopter crash in January 2020.
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank receives ‘International Invincible Gold Medal’
- International Invincible Gold Medal of this year has been conferred on Union Education Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- He has been recognised for his extraordinary commitment and outstanding service to humanity through his writings, social and illustrious public life.
NBA creates social justice award, named for Abdul-Jabbar
- The National Basketball Association (NBA)has announced the creation of a new award — the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Social Justice Champion Award, to recognise players who are making strides in the fight for social justice.
- Abdul-Jabbar won three consecutive NCAA championships (1967 to 1969) while at UCLA.
Nagaland conservationist Nuklu Phom gets prestigious Whitley Awards 2021
- An environmentalist from Nagaland’s remote Longleng district, Nuku Phomhas won this year’s Whitley Awards 2021, also known as the Green Oscar.
Shakuntala Hark Singh of Indian origin receives World Food Award 2021
- Indian-origin global nutritionist, Dr Shakuntala Hark Singh Thilstadhas received the “World Food Award” of the year 2021.
- She developed a holistic and nutritionally sensitive approach to seafood and food systems and has received an award for his research. The award is also known as the Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture.
Satoshi Uchida appointed as Suzuki Motorcycle India’s new Company Head
- Suzuki Motorcycle India has appointed Satoshi Uchida as the new Company Head. He has replaced Koichiro Hirao as part of Suzuki Motor Corporation’s global revamp.
Indian-American Neera Tanden appointed as White House senior adviser
- Indian-American Neera Tanden has been appointed senior adviser to U.S. President Joe Biden. She is currently the president and CEO of a progressive think-tank, Center for American Progress (CAP).
Ramesh Powar appointed Head Coach of Indian Women’s Cricket team
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)has announced the appointment of Ramesh Powar as the Head Coach of Team India (Senior Women).
Footwear Brand Bata India appoints Gunjan Shah as new CEO
- Footwear Company Bata India has appointed Gunjan Shah as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Shah replaces Sandeep Kataria, who has been elevated as the Global CEO of Bata Brands in November 2020.
Six Heritage Sites added to India’s UNESCO World Heritage sites Tentative List
- The Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel recently announced that around six cultural heritage sites have been added to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- With this, the total number of sites in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites Tentative list has increased to 48.
- The following six places have successfully entered the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Ganga Ghats of Varanasi,
- Temples of Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu,
- Satpura Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh,
- Maharashtra Military Architecture
- Hire Benkal Megalithic site,
- Bhedaghat Lametaghat of Narmada Valley in Madhya Pradesh
India’s First Agriculture Export Facilitation Centre Launched in Pune
- The Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Agriculture (MCCIA)has launched India’s first agro-export facilitation centre in Pune, in collaboration with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
India loses ONGC-discovered Farzad-B gas field in Iran
- India lost the ONGC Videsh Ltd-discovered Farzad-B gas field in the Persian Gulf after Iran awarded a contract for developing the giant gas field to a local company.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth installment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- The Government of India transfers Rs 6,000 to the account of small and marginal farmers. These funds are transferred in three instalments.
- The first instalment of Rs 2,000is made between April and June.
- The second Instalment is made between August and November. The third instalment is made between December and March.
- The scheme was begun in 2018. The scheme provides financial support to farmers who hold land ownership up to two hectares.
Sir David Attenborough named COP26 People’s Advocate
- Sir David Attenborough, world-renowned broadcaster & natural historian, has been named COP26 People’s Advocate for the U.K.’s Presidency of UN climate change summit in Glasgow.
KP Sharma Oli Re-appointed as Prime Minister of Nepal
- In Nepal, KP Sharma Oli was re-appointed as the Prime Minister of the country by President Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
China becomes the world’s first country to ban synthetic cannabinoids
- China will become the world’s first country to ban all synthetic cannabinoid substances.
- Synthetic cannabinoids are highly camouflaged, as some are found in e-cigarette oil & some are found in cut tobacco made from leaves, flower petals, etc.
- In Xinjiang, it has a commonly known nickname of “Natasha.”
China’s First Mars Rover ‘ZhuRong’ Successfully Lands on Mars
- China successfully achieved the feat of landing its first Mars Rover ‘Zhu Rong’ on the red planet, on May 15, 2021, becoming the only second nation to do so.
- To date, only the United States has successfully landed its rover on Mars. All other countries that have tried have either crashed or lost contact soon after reaching the surface.
Penpa Tsering elected president of the Tibetan exile government
- The former speaker of Tibet’sparliament-in-exile, Penpa Tsering, has been elected the new president of the exile government.
- Nearly 64,000 Tibetans living in exile in India, Nepal, North America, Europe, Australia and elsewhere voted in the election, which was held in two rounds in January and April. It was 3rd direct election of leadership after the withdrawal of Dalai Lama from politics.
China successfully launches new ocean observation satellite Haiyang-2D
- China has successfully sent a new ocean-monitoring satellite into orbit as part of its effort to build an all-weather and round-the-clock dynamic ocean environment monitoring system that would provide early warning on marine disasters.
- The satellite was launched by a Long March-4B rocket carrying the Haiyang-2D (HY-2D) satellite from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China.
West Bengal government approved setting up of Legislative Council
- The West Bengal cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, has approved the formation of the Legislative Council.
- At present, only Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh have Legislative Council.
- Previously, West Bengal had a bicameral legislature but it was abolished by the United Front government in 1969.
- About the State Legislative Council:
- The State Legislative Council is the Upper house of the state legislature.
- It is established under Article 169of the Indian Constitution.
- The size of the State Legislative Council cannot be more than one-third of the members of the State Legislative Assembly.
- Parliament of India can create or abolish the State Legislative Council of a state if that state’s legislature passes a resolution for that with a special majority.
Punjab CM Amarinder Singh Declares Malerkotla as 23rd District
- Punjab chief Minister Amarinder Singh has declared Malerkotla as the 23rd district of the state on May 14, 2021, on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- Malerkotla is a Muslim-dominated area and has been carved out of the Sangrur district of the state.
Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as Kerala Chief Minister for the second time
- Pinarayi Vijayan of the Left Democratic Front (LDF)was sworn as Kerala Chief Minister for the second time in the shadow of the Covid-19 crisis in the state. Governor Arif Mohammed Khan administered the oath of office to 76-year-old Vijayan. It is the second stint of the Marxist veteran in the top office.
Puducherry becomes ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Union Territory.
- Puducherry has achieved the target of 100% piped water connection in rural areas under the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
- Earlier, Goa, Telangana, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands have provided tap water supply to every rural home under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- So, Puducherry is the fourth State/UTto provide assured tap water supply to every rural home under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Jal Jeevan Mission is being implemented in partnership with States/ UTs to provide safe tap water to every rural home by 2024. The State of Punjab and the UTs of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu have covered over 75% of rural homes with assured tap water supply.
- Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM):
- It is a flagship programme of the Union Government. It was announced in August
- It aims to provide a tap water connection to every rural household of the country by
Cyclone Taukate hits many states
- Cyclone Taukate has obtained its maximum intensity in the wee hours of Sunday and has now become a Very Severe Cyclonic Storm (wind speed of 118 to 166 km/hr).
Arjan Bhullar becomes first Indian-origin fighter to win MMA title
- Arjan Bhullar became the first Indian-origin fighter to win a world title in a top-level MMA promotion when he beat Brandon Vera to become the heavyweight world champion at the Singapore-based One Championship.
India’s Tejaswini Shankar Wins Consecutive High Jump Titles In USA
- Representing Kansas State University, India’s Tejaswini Shankarwon back-to-back men’s high jump titles in the Big 12 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Manhattan, USA.
Rafael Nadal wins 10th Italian Open title
- Rafael Nadal beat world number one Novak Djokovic to win a 10th Italian Open title.
- The victory also earned Nadal a 36th ATP Masters 1000 crown, equalling Djokovic’s record since the series was established in 1990.
- In the women’s category, Polish teenager Iga Swiatekcrushed Czech ninth seed Karolina Pliskova 6-0, 6-0 to win the Italian Open title.
Manchester City crowned 2020-21 Premier League champions
- Manchester City has crowned Premier League champions for the third time in four seasons after Manchester United crashed to a 2-1 defeat against
Ranks and Reports
New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern Tops Fortune’s World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardernhas topped the ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list for 2021, released by Fortune Magazine.
- From India, Adar Poonawalla, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Serum Institute of India (SII) is the only Indian among the top 10 names. He is placed in the 10th spot.
Jharkhand ranks first in the implementation of Smart City Mission schemes
- Jharkhand has clinched the 1st Position among the 36 States & UTs of India based on the progress of implementation of Smart City projects.
Karnataka ranks first in executing Ayushman Bharat
- Karnataka has been ranked first in establishing Health and Wellness Centres under Ayushman Bharat Program to provide comprehensive primary health care in rural areas.
India climbs to 3rd spot on EY index
- India has moved a notch higher at the third spot on EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index due to exceptional performance on the solar photovoltaic (PV) front.
- India has moved one position above (3rd) from the previous index (4th).
Books and Authors
A book titled “Sikkim: A History of Intrigue and Alliance” released
- The book “Sikkim: A History of Intrigue and Alliance”, published by HarperCollins India, released on May 16, which is celebrated as Sikkim Day.
- Sikkim remains significant from a strategic point of view, given its proximity to Tibet and the crucial Siliguri Corridor that connects India’s north-eastern states with the rest of the country.
- Sikkim also remains an enigma for most, with many misconceptions about its history and its merger with India in
Important Days and Themes
National Anti-Terrorism Day: 21 May
- In India, the National Anti-Terrorism Day is observed on May 21 to commemorate the death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
- Rajiv Gandhi was India’s youngest Prime Minister. He was appointed as the sixth prime minister of the country and served the nation from 1984 to 1989.
- Mr Gandhi was assassinated on May 21, 1991, by a human bomb. He was killed in Tamil Nadu in a campaign by a terrorist. Then, under the V.P. Singh government, the centre has decided to observe 21st May as Anti-Terrorism Day.
World Metrology Day observed globally on 20th May
- World Metrology Day is observed globally on 20th May every year.
- Many nations on this day, internationally collaborate to create awareness about metrology and its advancement in the respective field.
- The theme for World Metrology Day 2021 is Measurement for Health.
World Bee Day observed globally on 20th May
- World Bee Day is observed globally on 20th May every year. On this date, 20 May, the pioneer of beekeeping Anton Janša was born in 1734 in
World AIDS Vaccine Day: 18 May
- World AIDS Vaccine Day,(also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day), is observed annually on May 18 to promote the continued urgent need for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection and AIDS.
- The first World AIDS Vaccine Day was thus observed on May 18, 1998, to commemorate the anniversary of Clinton’s speech.
International Museum Day: 18 May
- The International Museum Day is celebrated on 18 May, since 1977, to raise awareness about the fact that “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples”.
- The theme of International Museum Day 2021: “The Future of Museums: Recover and Reimagine”.It is coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
National Dengue Day: 16 May
- In India, the National Dengue Day is observed every year on 16 May. The day is an initiative by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Dengue is spread through the bite of the female mosquito (Aedes aegypti).
Times Group Chairperson Indu Jain Passes Away
- Pioneering philanthropist and Times GroupChairperson, Indu Jain has passed away due to Covid-related complications.
- The prominent Indian media personality, Indu Jain was the chairperson of India’s largest media group, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., which is popularly known as the Times Group, which owns the Times of India and other large newspapers.
Freedom fighter Anup Bhattacharya passes away
- Freedom fighter and Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra musician, Anup Bhattacharyapassed away.
- During the liberation war of Bangladesh, he worked as the composer and music director at Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra.He is also a founder member of the Rabindra Sangeet Shilpi Sangstha.
Former NSG Chief JK Dutt, Who Led 26/11 Counter-Terror Ops, Passes Away
- K. Dutt, former Director-General of the National Security Guards (NSG) who headed the force during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, passed away due to COVID-19 related complications. JK Dutt saw counter-terror and rescue efforts during operation Black Tornado in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
- Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Jagannath Pahadia passes away
- Former President of Indian Medical Association Dr KK Aggarwal Passes Away
- BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away
- Famous Mathematician MS Narasimhan Passes Away
Current Affairs MCQ: 15-21 May 2021
Awards and Recognitions
- Name the Indian scholar who along with Professor David Klenerman won the 2020 Millennium Technology Prize for the development of revolutionary DNA sequencing techniques – Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS)?
[A] Professor Sugata Bose
[B] Professor Shankar Balasubramanian
[C] Professor Avinash Dixit
[D] Professor Ramesh Mashelkar
- International Invincible Gold Medal of 2021 has been conferred on_____________________.
[A] Harsh Vardhan
[B] Nirmala Sitharaman
[C] Amit Shah
[D] Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- Who has been posthumously inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame?
[A] Toni Kukoc
[B] Kobe Bryant
[C] Kevin Garnett
[D] Tim Duncan
- Who becomes the only Indian to the Whitley Award 2021 for his efforts toward creating “Biodiversity Peace Corridor”?
[A] Jadav Payeng
[B] Sumaira Abdulali
[C] Y Nuku Phom
[D] Rajendra Singh
- Who among the following has won the 10th Annual ‘World Choreography Award 2020’?
[A] Vishwas Agrawal
[B] Suresh Mukund
[C] Sunita Singh
[D] Iqbal Rana
- As per the Bloomberg Billionaire Index, who has become the 2nd richest person in Asia overtakes China’s waterman Zhong Shanshan?
[A] Shiv Nadar
[B] Gautam Adani
[C] Radhakishan Damani
[D] Uday Kotak
- Cambridge University chemists Shankar Balasubramanian and David Klenerman have been declared the winners of the 2020 Millennium Technology Prize. The prize is awarded by which of the following?
[A] Ford Foundation
[B] Walton Family Foundation
[C] Technology Academy Finland
[D] Lilly Endowment Inc
- The Government of India has appointed Vandita Kaul as government nominee director on the board of directors of _______.
[A] Bank of India
[B] Bank of Baroda
[C] Punjab National Bank
[D] Bank of Maharashtra
- Who has been appointed as Executive Director (ED) in the Reserve Bank of India?
[A] Jose J Kattoor
[B] T Rabi Sankar
[C] Padmakumar M Nair
[D] TV Somanathan
National Current Affairs
- In May 2021, who addressed the UN Security Council on peace and security in Africa?
[A] Narendra Modi
[B] Amit Shah
[C] Rajnath Singh
[D] Dr S Jaishankar
- India’s First Agriculture Export Facilitation Centre has been unveiled in which city?
- Who chaired the 26th meeting of the Group of Ministers (GOM) on COVID-19?
[A] Harsh Vardhan
[B] S. Jaishankar
[C] Mansukh Mandaviya
[D] Nityanand Rai
- Which telecom company is constructing the largest international submarine cable system with India as the centre of the submarine cable system?
[A] Shivam Infocom Private Limited
[B] Vodafone Idea Limited
[C] BSNL (Mobile Services) Ltd
[D] Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
- India lost the ONGC Videsh Ltd-discovered Farzad-B gas fiel[D] Farzad-B gas field is situated in which country?
[B] Saudi Arabia
- After 41 years of service, which of the following destroyers of the Indian Navy, will be decommissioned in May 2021?
[A] INS Kolkata
[B] INS Mysore
[C] INS Rana
[D] INS Rajput
- Which of the following Indian sites has/have been added to the tentative list of UNESCO’s world heritage sites, in May 2021?
[A] Satpura Tiger Reserve
[B] Megalithic site of Hire Benkal
[C] Temples of Kanchipuram
[D] All of the above
- Which of the following has designed an Oxygen Recycling System, ORS to mitigate the current oxygen crisis?
[B] Indian Navy
[D] Indian Air Force
State Current Affairs
- A consignment of Dahanu Gholvad Sapota, a Geographical Indication (GI) certified product from which state was shipped to the UK in May 2021?
- Which state has been ranked as the Number One state in establishing a Health & Wellness Centre (HWC) under the Ayushman Bharat project for the year 2020-21?
[B] Uttar Pradesh
[C] Madhya Pradesh
- Which of the following state has approved the formation of the Legislative Council recently?
[B] West Bengal
- Which of the following has become the first state in the country to allow reimbursement of goods and services tax (GST) paid on Covid-related donations made to the state and state-run facilities?
- In May 2021, in Odisha, in the Niyamgiri Hill range, 23 persons belonging to which community have tested positive for COVID-19?
[B] Dongria Kondh
[D] Maria Gond
- Which state government has allocated 50 acres of land to establish the National Institute of Medicinal Plants (NIMP)?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
[C] Uttar Pradesh
- The Odisha government has decided to include Mucormycosis as a notifiable disease under the Epidemic Diseases act of which year?
- Mucormycosis (black fungus) has been declared an epidemic in Rajasthan. It has been notified as an epidemic and a notifiable disease in the state under the Rajasthan Epidemic Act of which year?
International Current Affairs
- Which country has topped the EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index?
- Indian-American _____________ has been appointed senior adviser to U.S. President Joe Biden.
[A] Mala Adiga
[B] Garima Verma
[C] Neera Tanden
[D] Gautam Raghavan
- Which country becomes the first in the world to ban all synthetic cannabinoid substances?
[D] South Korea
- According to the ‘Environmental Risk Outlook 2021’ released by Verisk Maplecroft, which is the safest city in the world?
[A] Glasgow, Scotland
[B] London, England
[C] New York, USA
[D] Copenhagen, Denmark
- Who is set to become Samoa’s first female Prime Minister?
[A] Khalida Toumi
[B] Fiame Naomi Mataafa
[C] Aisha Rateb
[D] Nouria Yamina Zerhouni
- A huge iceberg, the world’s largest, has broken off from an ice shelf in Antarctica and is floating through the Weddell Sea. What is its name?
- Shammi Silva has been re-elected as the President of Cricket of which country?
[D] Sri Lanka
India’s Rank in Different Index
- What is India’s rank in the 57th Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) – May 2021, released by Ernst & Young Global Ltd (EY)?
Sports Current Affairs
- Who became the first Indian-origin fighter to win a world title in a top-level MMA?
[A] Brandon Vera
[B] Saurav Gurjar
[C] Arjan Bhullar
[D] Jinder Mahal
- Which of the following has won FA Cup for the first time in their history, beating Chelsea 1-0 in the final at Wembley, in May 2021?
[A] Manchester United
[B] Leicester City
[D] [A][C] Milan
- For the year 2020-21, who is at the top spot in the list of highest-paid athletes, having collected a total of $180 million over the last 12 months?
[A] Nate Diaz
[B] Floyd Mayweather
[D] Anderson Silva
- Renowned cricketer Harry Frederick Gurney announced his retirement from the sport, he belongs to which country?
[A] New Zealand
[C] South Africa
- Who defeated world number one Novak Djokovic to win a 10th Italian Open title?
[A] Rafael Nadal
[B] Stefanos Tsitsipas
[C] Matteo Berrettini
[D] Fabio Fognini
- Tejaswini Shankar associated with which sports who gold at Big 12 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Manhattan, USA?
[D] High Jump
- In Tennis, who won the Italian Open Women’s Singles title in May 2021?
[A] Karolina Pliskova
[B] Iga Swiatek
[C] Simona Halep
[D] Naomi Osaka
Important Days and Themes
- What is the theme of World Hypertension Day 2021?
[A] Measure your blood pressure…at home
[B] Know Your Number
[C] Know your Blood Pressure
[D] Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer
- When International Museum Day is celebrated?
[A] 18 May
[B] 19 May
[C] 15 May
[D] 16 May
- World AIDS Vaccine Day, (also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day), is observed annually on __________.
[A] May 16
[B] May 17
[C] May 18
[D] May 19
- What is the theme of World Metrology Day 2021?
[A] Measurements for transport
[B] The International System of Units – Fundamentally better
[C] Measurements for global trade
[D] Measurement for Health
- International Tea Day is observed globally on ________on the recommendation of India.
[A] May 17
[B] May 19
[C] May 20
[D] May 21
- In India, the National Anti-Terrorism Day is observed on May 21 to commemorate the death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, ___________.
[A] Indira Gandhi
[B] Jawaharlal Nehru
[C] Lal Bahadur Shastri
[D] Rajiv Gandhi
- Sahitya Akademi awardee Rayangala Shri Krishna Raja Narayana Perumal Ramanujam Naicker passed away recently, he was a writer and novelist of which language?
- Noted Tamil writer Ki. Rajanarayanan passed away in May 2021. He was a recipient of the Sahitya Academy award for which of the following novels?
[A] Parthiban Kanavu
[B] Mannan Magal
[C] Gopalapurathu Makkal
- What was the profession of MS Narasimhan, who has passed away?
[B] Social Activist
[C] Agricultural scientist
Static GK based on Current Affairs
- NBA Founded: 6 June 1946; Headquarters: New York, United States.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland: Neiphiu Rio; Governor of Nagaland: N. Ravi
- World Food Programme Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- NABARD Headquarters: Mumbai
- Kenya Capital: Nairobi; Kenya Currency: Kenyan shilling.
- Tibet Capital: Lhasa; Tibet Currency: Renminbi.
- Chief Minister of Puducherry: N Rangasamy.
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand: Hemant Soren; Governor: Shrimati Droupadi Murmu.
- Karnataka Chief Minister: S. Yediyurappa
- International Organization of Legal Metrology Headquarters: Paris, France.
- Food and Agriculture Organization Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- India Meteorological Department Headquarters: Mausam Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi; Founded: 1875.
- Haryana Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Sri Lanka Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte (Administrative capital), Colombo (Commercial capital); Currency – Sri Lankan rupee.
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
Previous: Current Affairs Update 08-14 May 2021
Download Current Affairs Yearbook 2021 (January- December 2020) Free PDF: Click Here